Must see if you are a conservative

This is a discussion on Must see if you are a conservative within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This morning I heard about a film that has been out for a short time, but that I did not know about. It's entitled "No ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Must see if you are a conservative

This morning I heard about a film that has been out for a short time, but that I did not know about. It's entitled "No Safe Spaces," and is about the elimination of free speech on college campuses, and the censorship by Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. You may think this is not important to you, if you're not a college student, or don't use any of the aforementioned social media. However, these combined factors will change our freedoms in frightening ways if we do not act.

This evening we drove 45 minutes one way to see this film and having watched many documentaries, and made films myself, I have to say this is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. If you care about the future of the USA, I cannot recommend this film strongly enough.

Last edited by G26Raven; December 8th, 2019 at 08:49 AM.
    OldChap, OD*, Sister and 8 others like this.
    You are your own first responder.

I have it on my radar. Not fond of theaters but really liking what Prager U is doing. Those short college / university interviews are eye opening as to the level of brainwashing of young people.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    That is about the truth. Big box college campuses are indoctrination camps. The no longer educate. Public school is equally as bad. Glad my kids are grown.
    Wolf357, jejb, G26Raven and 2 others like this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

VIP Member
    How could it possibly be any good- it has a 53% Rotten Tomatoes rating 😳
    G26Raven and airslot like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

I already believe what that movie is preaching and so do most true conservatives. So I think it would just be depressing, so why is it a movie a "must see?" It should be a "must see" for the other side, but they won't go see it. I'm not sure what it accomplishes.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblehead751 View Post
    That is about the truth. Big box college campuses are indoctrination camps. The no longer educate. Public school is equally as bad. Glad my kids are grown.
    Very true. I know several teachers and professors. It is eye opening to listen to some of the behind the scenes stuff, or even see it first hand. For example, one 4 year college prof I know says it's all about "butts in seats" these days, not about a high teaching standard. If you make the work too hard and lose students, you are counseled by the school administration. And I've seen this at work. I took a Comp Sci class at our local community college. I'm a retired programmer, but still enjoy keeping up. Anyway, they got a bright younger teacher that pushed what I considered to be a moderate workload, at least compared to when I got my Comp Sci degree. Part way through the course, about 1/2 the kids had dropped out. Then the teacher apologizes to us about the heavy workload and all the tests. Said he was cutting back on those for the rest of the semester, after "discussing it" with school admin.

I still like the teacher and his classes, but it's a shame they made him dumb it down. College is suppose to be about hard work and learning, not monetization of the seats.
    BamaT and G26Raven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I already believe what that movie is preaching and so do most true conservatives. So I think it would just be depressing, so why is it a movie a "must see?" It should be a "must see" for the other side, but they won't go see it. I'm not sure what it accomplishes.
    I already believe it, too. I had heard of some of the cases/examples they discussed but they went into more revealing detail. However, what the movie showed that was astonishing was a number of liberals who had been equally harrassed/attacked for questioning the assault on the first ammendment.

Like you, my wife thought the movie would be depressing, but we both walked out of the theater blown away. We felt the movie was very balanced. There even was some humour.

All in all we felt it was very well done and worth the effort it took to go see it.
    jmf552, OD*, 5lima30ret and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    When Zukerberg announces that they are going to control the type of content when people make political remarks it shows how far we have gone as far as losing our first amendment rights. Your political opinion is allowed as long as they agree with it.
    I didn't know for a long time how our young people were being brainwashed until the violence started and a guy was trying to explain why he committed murder and he said that it was because of what he was taught at a college in Georgia. He said that they told him that you are not educated if you don't hate white people and nobody wants to be considered ignorant.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Without our support such endeavors are always one-offs. We need to support more media criticisms of the Anti-Bill of Rights agenda of the left.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Without our support such endeavors are always one-offs. We need to support more media criticisms of the Anti-Bill of Rights agenda of the left.
    I agree wholeheartedly. That's a secondary reason I went to see the film.
    airslot likes this.

These protesters think they are doing the Country a service with their ridiculous rhetoric and violence. They're in for a rude awakening when, in the future when there's no one left to shout down, Big Government puts a boot on their throat and tells them to "shut up". They're pawns in a very dangerous game.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    These protesters think they are doing the Country a service with their ridiculous rhetoric and violence. They're in for a rude awakening when, in the future when there's no one left to shout down, Big Government puts a boot on their throat and tells them to "shut up". They're pawns in a very dangerous game.
    That was just one of the points made in the film. It was simultaneously funny, sad, and disturbing to watch the liberals who had challenged an issue related to the 1st Amendment be shocked when they were attacked by college students and Antifa.
    airslot and BigJon10125 like this.

VIP Member
    I would like to see the movie but I'm going to wait until it can be streamed. I don't think much will change between now and the near future so it'll probably will still be relevant when I can stream it. Besides, I'm too cheap to spend that much money on seeing a movie that may or may not be "good".
    G26Raven likes this.
    Microwave technicians are fully deviated.

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I will go see it on my Christmas vacation
    I feel they it is good to support filmmakers like this so they will continue to make conservative shows
    Also a poke in the eye to the Hollywood leftists
    G26Raven likes this.

Been on my radar for a while. Dave Ruben and Prager U have some good stuff. Going to make the effort to find and support it
    OD* and Hoganbeg like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links