SRO pawns gun, brought pellet gun to Florida elementary school instead

This is a discussion on SRO pawns gun, brought pellet gun to Florida elementary school instead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Remember - caliber doesn't matter - it's all about shot placement ! "A Florida school resource officer is facing charges after deputies say he pawned ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: SRO pawns gun, brought pellet gun to Florida elementary school instead

Remember - caliber doesn't matter - it's all about shot placement !

"A Florida school resource officer is facing charges after deputies say he pawned off his school-issued gun and other security items multiple times....Kingís supervisor recently stopped by Mango Elementary for a random check. During the check, Sheriff Chronister says the supervisor immediately noticed King didnít have a firearm in his holster. The sheriff says he had a pellet gun instead."

https://www.cbs17.com/news/sheriff-s...chool-instead/
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Couldn't he have just stolen the kids lunch money instead?

I hope he gets fired. There is no excuse for having done that.
    OldChap and ETXhiker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    I hope he gets fired. There is no excuse for having done that.
    How could he NOT be fired?

I bet we're going to find that there's more to this story. Gambling debts maybe or drug addiction there is a reason why this guy is pawning the stuff again and again and again

Florida...again?

Name:  florida man.png
Views: 17
Size:  56.7 KB
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    The only ones professional enough right?

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    What a low life moron.
    What if he had to bring a pellet gun to a real gunfight?
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    How could he NOT be fired?

I bet we're going to find that there's more to this story. Gambling debts maybe or drug addiction there is a reason why this guy is pawning the stuff again and again and again
    That is my first thought too.
    hogdaddy, RETSUPT99 and OldChap like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

So let me get this straight. If you bring a pellet gun to a school:
    • If you are a student, teacher or parent, the school gets locked down because there is something that looks like a real gun, but isn't and someone goes to jail and/or gets red flagged. If they bring a real gun to school, even worse.
    • If you are an SRO, you get fired because there is something that looks like a real gun, but isn't, and should have been a real gun.

So on one hand, the crime is having anything that looks deadly, even though it probably isn't, and other hand, the crime is having something that is not deadly but should be. Does anyone see a contradiction here? Or even an irony?
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I think the crime was he did not have his issued duty gun with him. Not because it was a pellet gun.
    You cannot pawn your issued firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    So let me get this straight. If you bring a pellet gun to a school:
    • If you are a student, teacher or parent, the school gets locked down because there is something that looks like a real gun, but isn't and someone goes to jail and/or gets red flagged. If they bring a real gun to school, even worse.
    • If you are an SRO, you get fired because there is something that looks like a real gun, but isn't, and should have been a real gun.

So on one hand, the crime is having anything that looks deadly, even though it probably isn't, and other hand, the crime is having something that is not deadly but should be. Does anyone see a contradiction here? Or even an irony?
    There might be a point there, but the real key is in understanding the major difference in office. One prohibits, the other insists.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    There might be a point there, but the real key is in understanding the major difference in office. One prohibits, the other insists.
    I get the legaleze. But what about the practicality of deterring/stopping a bad gun with a gun? Isn't that what it's all about?
    M1911A1 and OldChap like this.

I get the legaleze. But what about the practicality of deterring/stopping a bad gun with a gun? Isn't that what it's all about?
    Yes, but that still doesn't negate the office. The difference between offices is due to the pansies who believe the gun is the threat rather than the criminal. So in their tiny, twisted minds, one prohibits and the other requires.

We probably shouldn't cross over into a discussion of the complete morons, who are probably all felons to begin with, who speak of having police with no weapons.
    M1911A1 likes this.

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I think the crime was he did not have his issued duty gun with him. Not because it was a pellet gun.
    You cannot pawn your issued firearm.
    OK, say he was required to supply his own firearm, but he pawned that, which is legal, and then took the pellet gun instead. Would that have made it OK?

I think the real problem was not his misuse of government property, but of his not being ready for duty. The first is a property crime and should merit appropriate punishment, but no one gets hurt. The second could cost lives.
    ETXhiker and OldChap like this.

OK, say he was required to supply his own firearm, but he pawned that, which is legal, and then took the pellet gun instead. Would that have made it OK?

I think the real problem was not his misuse of government property, but of his not being ready for duty. The first is a property crime and should merit appropriate punishment, but no one gets hurt. The second could cost lives.
    There ya go. The student ostensibly has no role in saving lives, the SRO does.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links