What are your plans for Christmas this year - Page 3

What are your plans for Christmas this year

This is a discussion on What are your plans for Christmas this year within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by G26Raven In one of the liberal bastions of Commiefornia with my wife who is tending to her 92 year old crotchety mother ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: What are your plans for Christmas this year

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    In one of the liberal bastions of Commiefornia with my wife who is tending to her 92 year old crotchety mother and visiting with my four brother-in-laws, communist nephews, and my wife's communist aunt. At least I will get to shoot some trap with my best buddy before we head home.
    There’s not enough JB Black in the State to carry me through that kind of visit.
    G26Raven, gasmitty, OD* and 1 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    There’s not enough JB Black in the State to carry me through that kind of visit.
    My wife took pity on me today and we stopped at the Kuiu hunting gear store this afternoon and she bought me a pair of boots.
    OD*, OldChap and Rock and Glock like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

Christmas Eve church service, then prime rib at home with all the family. It just doesn't get better than that.
    flh, OD* and OldChap like this.

Going for three days to the mainland.
    Stay at a really nice hotel. Eat four meals with cousins, including Christmas dinner.
    Visit an old friend on Christmas day.
    Come home on the late ferry.
    gasmitty, flh, graydude and 5 others like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Senior Moderator
    Started the holiday ritual with a fun day trip up to Flagstaff with one of the kid couples. Shopping, sightseeing, lunch - these kids are just so much fun to spend time with. Christmas Eve, all 3 kid couples and the Matriarch are headed to a Meeting (12 is involved, but not 12 days of Christmas). I'm contributing a platter for the pot luck dinner.

Christmas Day, morning at granddaughter's house to open gifts, then headed cross town for lunch with the 2 other couples and some of their family. Hope to be back home for a light dinner and to regroup with Christmas movies and the 4 pups here.
    flh, graydude, G26Raven and 2 others like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    In one of the liberal bastions of Commiefornia with my wife who is tending to her 92 year old crotchety mother and visiting with my four brother-in-laws, communist nephews, and my wife's communist aunt. At least I will get to shoot some trap with my best buddy before we head home.
    May I make a suggestion, perhaps a nice Chardonnay with dinner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are your plans for Christmas this year-img_2564.jpg  

graydude, G26Raven, OD* and 2 others like this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I concur.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

What are your plans for Christmas this year

23rd: We've invited 10 friends, neighbors and SILs for dinner here.

Christmas Eve: One SIL is holding a dinner at her place.

Christmas Day: Phone calls to family in far flung corners of the country. Otherwise, relax and probably enjoy an adult beverage.

Happy holidays to all y'all.
    G26Raven, flh and OldChap like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Hanging out at home. Since neither the wife nor myself can cook a turkey we'll be going to the only place in town that's open on Christmas Day for dinner. I need to get out more.......

So you're going to Waffle House too?
    G26Raven and OldChap like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Christmas is really just another day for us. We stopped all the hullabaloo after all the kids were gone. We usually take a picnic lunch and drive somewhere up in the mountains where we have never been. Christmas day there is nobody around.
    G26Raven, OD*, flh and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    May I make a suggestion, perhaps a nice Chardonnay with dinner
    I was thinking some fava beans with a nice Chianti and somebody's liver....
    flh, OD*, OldChap and 1 others like this.
    We are ALL Virginians!

This will be the first Christmas without my wife who passed away in June of this year. She was the big Christmas person at our house while I've always felt that Christmas is all about the kids. Seeing the excitement in them is what made it special. Once our son was grown I had no real interest in the Holiday, but I always helped my wife decorate since she was so into it. This year I did no decorating at all. I'm not depressed or anything I just don't see the point in decorating when I personally don't enjoy it.

I was invited to a Christmas eve gathering with my 8 siblings but there was some unpleasantness with a few of them when our mother went into a nursing home years ago and I guess I'm not a big enough man to let it go. I don't even want to see some of them so I'm not going to be a phony and pretend otherwise, thus I will not attend.

But, on a good note the weather on Christmas day is supposed to be really good for this time of year in PA with temps in the 50's. So I've made plans with my son to hit the range that day and I've found some Christmas special prices on ammo so I'm stocked up.

Merry Christmas everybody!
    G26Raven, flh, OldVet and 2 others like this.

mmb617, hope you have a great day with your son!
    flh and OldChap like this.
    We are ALL Virginians!

My wife has to work during the Christmas holiday. I wonder if Dominos can deliver me a Christmas pizza?
    OldChap and G26Raven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    My wife has to work during the Christmas holiday. I wonder if Dominos can deliver me a Christmas pizza?
    They probably will. Two of my kids live here in town. They both do Christmas early with me and spend Christmas day with their extended families. I'm alone on Christmas day usually and I've been known to grab some Chinese takeout. It's surprising to see how many people do that.
    OldChap and G26Raven like this.
    Hawthorne

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links