9th Circuit now close to even...

This is a discussion on 9th Circuit now close to even... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; President Donald Trump has now appointed 9 of the 29 judges on the liberal U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, with the confirmation ...

Like Tree52Likes
  • 12 Post By PPS1980
  • 25 Post By WebleyHunter
  • 2 Post By xXxHeavy
  • 7 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 1 Post By jmf552
  • 1 Post By dan323
  • 1 Post By retired badge 1
  • 1 Post By Havok
  • 2 Post By GraySkies

Thread: 9th Circuit now close to even...

VIP Member

President Donald Trump has now appointed 9 of the 29 judges on the liberal U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, with the confirmation of Patrick Bumatay and Lawrence VanDyke earlier this month. This means that there is now a 3 Democrat majority instead of an 11 democrat majority as there was prior to January 2017. Changes like this make it harder for liberals to Court-Shop for a packed court as they have been doing over the past ~3 years.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Whatever you think about Trump the person, stuff like THIS is why it's important to for him get a second term. I will accept stupid late night tweets in order to get non-progressive dominated courts.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Keep it goin'...Mr. President.
    PPS1980 and Rock and Glock like this.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Another campaign promise kept.
    I loved Ronald Regan, the great communicator, but I believe Trump with all his crassness is exceeding the Gippers
    Accomplishments.
    I think he is the right kind of cross puncher we need at this time.
    Lets see if we can deliver the house to him in 2020 and see how it rolls

Yep. If he gets a second term, I could easily see him replacing Ginsburg and Breyer and turning the 9th Circus red. The 9th has three Clinton appointees that are getting pretty old. He could shake up some of the other circuits too.
    GpTom likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I love the late night tweets. Drives the Dems bat crazy.
    CommonCents likes this.

Alway expect the unexpected

US Army 95B
    NRA Life Member

Dan

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    There are decades of history leading up to the term "9th Circus Court". Nuff said.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Another campaign promise kept.
    I loved Ronald Regan, the great communicator, but I believe Trump with all his crassness is exceeding the Gippers
    Accomplishments.
    I think he is the right kind of cross puncher we need at this time.
    Lets see if we can deliver the house to him in 2020 and see how it rolls
    Hopefully he won’t try to out-do him on gun control.
    Last edited by Havok; December 24th, 2019 at 08:14 PM.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Great progress in righting a broken court. POTUS is 90% full of horse hockey, but that is how he negotiates. And beats the progressives. He gets results.
    Psalm 144:1

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    I don't think the 9th is the most overruled circuit, although I agree it's among the looniest.

This level of judicial transformation is what I want 4 more years of, but we need to be realistic about the importance of this.

Left-leaning judges tend to vote ideologically, regardless of the text of the law, due to the significant worldview differences between them and right-leaning judges, and how it affects both the interpretation of those laws, and their view of the role of the judiciary in public life. Right-leaning judges tend to be more constrained in their view of the law and the role of the judiciary, and thus tend to focus a lot more effort on parsing the meaning of laws as written, and on the face value of the text.

What this means, and this is provable statistically in the SCOTUS, is that left-leaning judges tend to rule as a bloc, and right-leaning judges tend to be far less monolithic in how they decide cases. They sometimes rule together, and sometimes one or more will side with the left-leaning judges... individual case dependent. That always lends the advantage to the left-leaning view in the judiciary. Always. I personally refer to this as "judicial entropy"... :P

This means it will take FAR more than an EVEN split to amount to parity in the judiciary between right-leaning and left-leaning judges. This has been a strong few years for the right side of the aisle in regard to judicial appointments, but don't get too excited yet. There is a long way to go yet to achieve that ideological parity.
    GpTom and montejames like this.
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

Sponsored Links