Earth-huggers discover "reuseable" cups in San Francisco - Page 2

Earth-huggers discover "reuseable" cups in San Francisco

This is a discussion on Earth-huggers discover "reuseable" cups in San Francisco within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I do not have a problem with bringing my own mug to a coffee shop. We do over use plastic around the world for food ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Earth-huggers discover "reuseable" cups in San Francisco

VIP Member
    I do not have a problem with bringing my own mug to a coffee shop.
    We do over use plastic around the world for food and packaging.
    I have seen first hand the plastic pollution in the ocean and it is very concerning to me.
    I do believe in freedom but people need to be responsible with their waste
    sdprof, Nmuskier and GpTom like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I have seen first hand the plastic pollution in the ocean and it is very concerning to me.
    No problem but they present things like they're geniuses and invented/discovered it themselves. Thats what brings my ridicule.
    GpTom likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Name:  Double Felony.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  33.0 KB
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Thing is, the vast majority of that plastic pollution in the oceans is not from the U.S., yet somehow our idiots think a plastic straw used in America is going to attack a turtle.

A straw used in Denver, for example, has essentially zero chance of migrating to the ocean.

I don't mind conserving, either, and prefer my own no spill travel mugs anyway. But logic has completely been left out of the "conversation."
    msgt/ret and PPS1980 like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Every January I am required to attend the annual company meeting in Commifornia. Just a couple of weeks from now. A co-worker, who is a bit of a jokester, has gotten himself a travel toothbrush case and has placed a plastic straw in it. His intent is to make a very public display of "No, thanks. I have my own" when offered a paper straw at restaurants...
    msgt/ret likes this.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Administrator
    Disposable hypodermic syringes laying everywhere in some CA. cities are harmful to our planetary environment. The users should all be forced to share the same one.
    msgt/ret, Risasi and Frodebro like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Semi long story.

I used to have a job driving around El Paso County checking electrical substations.

I found both of those Starbucks cups ($25.00 EA) sitting empty on utilities sites. I brought them home and boiled them and I've been using them since.

The Stanley Thermos ($35.00) was left at work by a subordinate of mine. He only worked on my site once a week so I sent him an email telling him I had the thermos and he could pick it up at his convenience. He sent me an email back telling me to throw it away. I sent him another email confirming that he told me to get rid of it. He confirmed it again and I brought it home.

The Thermos cup ($15.0) was left on my wife's desk at work. It sat in Lost and Found for 3 months and she brought it home.

I use the HELL out of them and didnt pay a DIME for them
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

Why do people in CA throw their straws in the ocean?
    Or people on the East Coast?
    I thought many of both coasts saved them for snorting recycled/re-manufactured natural plant life up their schnoz in white powdered form.
    I really do want to know how many fish or salt water mammals died of straw consumption.
    Don't get me wrong, I am against polluting our oceans, but I know it ain't from seaside bars in the USA.

I hear they are experimenting with milk containers that are reusable and washable. Next thing you know, someone will offer these containers to be picked up at your doorstep and fresh milk to be delivered daily!
    msgt/ret and flintlock62 like this.
    Psalm 144:1

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    I hear they are experimenting with milk containers that are reusable and washable. Next thing you know, someone will offer these containers to be picked up at your doorstep and fresh milk to be delivered daily!
    Geez, more paternity suits............
    Frodebro and msgt/ret like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

California is a perfect example of what happens when the population decides that they would rather endorse actions that make them feel better about their morality than actually doing what is right. Feel good legislation run rampant, and everybody is on such a virtue signaling high that they refuse to acknowledge that they're running the train off the tracks.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    I got on our local FB site and asked if we have real recycling here in Illinois or if it is just "feel good" recycling. I told them that I have a hard time believing that they really sort all of our recyclables because we have no guidelines telling us what is really recyclable and all of ours goes into one recyclable can.
    I watched a trash collector in Florida dump the trash and the recyclables into the same compartment in the garbage truck. When I asked him about it he said "sure we recycle there are a bunch of homeless people out at the dump who pick through everything", then he laughed about it. That was in an area where they had residents separating glass, plastics, paper etc. and putting it in separate tubs.
    Makes me wonder how many locations really have recycling and how many just let people believe that they do.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    Can anyone explain why Commiefornia wants sanctuary, free healthcare, free whatever for illegals, but refuse to take care of their own?
    Itís called votes,who else they going to get.
    USN,NRA,

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Geez, more paternity suits............
    Way back when my kids were small, someone commented how much they looked alike (2 years apart, boy and girl). I stated it was because we had the same mailman at the time. The wife smacked the snot out of me, but it was worth it.
    msgt/ret and Nmuskier like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Occasionally I will come across a cow that has died and decomposed in the brush. The remains of the stomach contents will invariably contain several plastic bags and string from round hay bales. I'm sure our ocean life suffer the same fates. Have yet to find a straw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links