Do you believe in man made climate change (global warming)? - Page 2

Do you believe in man made climate change (global warming)?

This is a discussion on Do you believe in man made climate change (global warming)? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't believe the proper question is whether or not man-made climate change exists, but in how much. Climate change exists as long as there's ...

View Poll Results: Do you believe in man made climate change?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am liberal and believe in man made climate change.

1 1.03%
  • I am liberal and do NOT believe in man made climate change.

1 1.03%
  • I am conservative and believe in man made climate change.

15 15.46%
  • I am conservative and do NOT believe in man made climate change.

59 60.82%
  • I have no opinion on this topic.

2 2.06%
  • Other

19 19.59%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Do you believe in man made climate change (global warming)?

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    I don't believe the proper question is whether or not man-made climate change exists, but in how much. Climate change exists as long as there's climate. Cities are proven to have higher temperatures than surrounding ideas. AC creates heat. Engines create heat. The question is how much. The only research methods we have available are correlation studies and the scientific method forbids drawing cause and effect conclusions from correlation studies, something the media and evidently some scientists need to learn.
    G26Raven and airslot like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    It really isn't do you believe, but rather do you understand the theories of:

climate change
    evolution
    gravity
    cell
    germ

etc.
    retired badge 1 likes this.

I'm not sure, but I think it's irrelevant from a policy perspective. Unless somebody depopulates China and India, global CO2 emissions will continue to rise, so we'll all just have to watch and see what happens.
    OldChap likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Last night my wife, who loves science fiction as much as I do, wanted to watch the film, The Day After Tomorrow. It's a very entertaining film with great special effects, that chronicles what happens to a group of people who are caught up in a series of cataclysmic climate change disasters.

Personally, neither of us (who both have science backgrounds) believe in man made climate change capable of changing the entire earth's climate. There has been too much data manipulation by agenda driven folks at NOAA, and enough respected scientists who disbelieve, to attach any credibility to this topic for us. And there are just too many people out there who confuse the issue of pollution with climate change.

I am curious though, how other folks on this forum feel about the subject. Do you believe in man made climate change? If you do, what supports your belief that this is an issue we should be concerned about?

Attachment 309682
    Sir; I fault your poll for it's wording. You connected political belief (liberal/conservative) to belief in climate change.
    There is no real connection. The actual connection is Democratic-yes/ Republican-no.

This has not always been the case....I believe Bush Sr. believed climate change had a man-made component.

This issue has similarities to the Pro Choice/Pro Life issue. Repub. party has supported the "Pro Life" position and the Dems,the "Pro Choice" position.
    Difference in the 2 issues...climate change is a scientific question-abortion is a moral/value question.
    BTW;I never argue about abortion since it is a moral belief issue like religion.
    Arejay likes this.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 1821-H O-3

N.R.A. R.S.O.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Sir; I fault your poll for it's wording. You connected political belief (liberal/conservative) to belief in climate change.
    There is no real connection. The actual connection is Democratic-yes/ Republican-no.

This has not always been the case....I believe Bush Sr. believed climate change had a man-made component.

This issue has similarities to the Pro Choice/Pro Life issue. Repub. party has supported the "Pro Life" position and the Dems,the "Pro Choice" position.
    I don't think the issue of belief in man made climate change is necessarily correlated with political party affiliation.
    Sister and OldChap like this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

VIP Member
    Climate change movement and earth movement is nothing more than a modern Paganism.
    The earth is constantly changing it has so since the beginning.

Can burning fossil fuels by humans cause this to change on a global scale. IMHO NO!

Man made climate change is a manufactured line of BS. Just as Global cooling was when were were in school. Al Gore got filthy rich off it. Few if any in WI UW system were onboard. Thenj the leadership said sign on or lose grands and your job. With in 7 days 100% signed on.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

In the summer it gets hot.

In the winter it gets cold.

Some summers it gets hotter than others, and some winters it gets colder than others.

doh duh

“FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

The climate has been fluctuating long before man existed and will continue to once man is gone, so-called climate change is just a money making scam. Oh and I don't believe in unicorns either.
    Sister, G26Raven, airslot and 6 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

In my not so humble and absolutely not politically correct opinion Man's influence on the earth's climate is about equal to how much a gnat's fart influences the wind.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Sure i do! every time i adjust my thermostat.
    G26Raven, airslot, Sister and 2 others like this.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    Sure i do! every time i adjust my thermostat.
    I don’t think the OP was talking about “house-al” warming.....
    G26Raven and OldChap like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    The "climate change" movement (formerly known as "global warming" and the "imminent coming of the Second Ice Age" before morphing into its current iteration) is not science, or even remotely scientific. It is a cult with all the trappings of a religion including infallible priests and priestesses and unchallengeable scriptures. Anyone who doubts can easily be dismissed as ignorant, and anyone who challenges will be attacked as a heretic.

I sense that Gaia, the Earth Goddess, is not pleased by what I have written, and I expect the full brunt of societal denouncement against me at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    I don’t think the OP was talking about “house-al” warming.....
    I believe he was speaking metaphorically...
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

I am a conservative. And I believe that some of what man does has effected change on this planet as well as the planet doing it own change due to its nature. The argument to me, which is unproven, is which is causing change and how much of it will not change if man changes his ways.
    M1911A1 likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links