Do you believe in man made climate change (global warming)? - Page 3

Do you believe in man made climate change (global warming)?

This is a discussion on Do you believe in man made climate change (global warming)? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Rockymonster I don’t think the OP was talking about “house-al” warming..... Originally Posted by G26Raven I believe he was speaking metaphorically... I ...

View Poll Results: Do you believe in man made climate change?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am liberal and believe in man made climate change.

1 1.03%
  • I am liberal and do NOT believe in man made climate change.

1 1.03%
  • I am conservative and believe in man made climate change.

15 15.46%
  • I am conservative and do NOT believe in man made climate change.

59 60.82%
  • I have no opinion on this topic.

2 2.06%
  • Other

19 19.59%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Do you believe in man made climate change (global warming)?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    I don’t think the OP was talking about “house-al” warming.....
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I believe he was speaking metaphorically...
    I know....I was kidding.....
    G26Raven likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

I'm sure there is a miniscule climate effect from mans activities, but natural events like volcano's, solar activity and extra-terrestrial objects/events have every bit as much and at times more impact than man could ever dream of. But note the climate is, has and continues to change it is so inter-connected that it balances or compensates for many factors. Further who is to play god and say one climate norm is better than the next? It may benefit/harm an individuals life depending on where you live, work or visit but one mans harm may well be anothers gold mine.
    Now man has a HUGE impact on local environments and used to be the true fight of environmentalists. https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...4c&action=view
    But the new wave would make those of the earlier movement cry again.
    G26Raven likes this.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Because AOC told us, everyone knows that cow farts are a significant threat to our climate, which is a direct result of meat is eaters and milk drinkers. So yes, we are causing the problem due to our hunger for bovine byproducts.

Seriously though...While I don’t think that an increase in the earths temperature is solely due to humans, and a hundred years of climate data is a drop in the bucket over the course of history, I don’t think that everything we do is good for the planet. And if we can do something to reverse things like coral bleaching (I’ve seen the same reefs several years apart and it’s shocking), whether or not we caused it, then we need to put resources toward fixing it.
    G26Raven and retired badge 1 like this.

StripesDude, I've never seen any evidence that coral bleaching was caused by human activities. To believe that, you have to believe in man made global warming.
    CWOUSCG likes this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

StripesDude, I've never seen any evidence that coral bleaching was caused by human activities. To believe that, you have to believe in man made global warming.
    Not saying it was. But I’ve seen it and if we can do something to reverse it, then we should (whether we caused it or not).

Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    Not saying it was. But I’ve seen it and if we can do something to reverse it, then we should (whether we caused it or not).
    I think my marine biologist wife would tell you there is little that man can do to stop it. If you understand what causes it, i.e., warm ocean temperatures that cause the coral to expel the algae that live within them, and you understand how we are unable to change ocean temperatures, it's not something man can change.
    airslot, OldChap, M1911A1 and 1 others like this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I believe climate change is around 99% mother nature and 1% manmade.
    My only disagreement is that you might have the manmade a little high.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

MJK
    Resounding NO! This is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind!

Global Warming Petition Project
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

I think my marine biologist wife would tell you there is little that man can do to stop it. If you understand what causes it, i.e., warm ocean temperatures that cause the coral to expel the algae that live within them, and you understand how we are unable to change ocean temperatures, it's not something man can change.
    Yeah, I get it. I just subscribe to the notion that we, as the top of the food chain, need to be proactive in helping the earth when we can. Not just cutting out what we do that’s bad, but proactively helping to fix things.

Maybe giant ice cubes? Towing icebergs to tropical seas?
    G26Raven and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    We’re doomed! The end is near! The sky is falling. Follow me for I have THE answer!
    I don't want you to follow me, just send me a large percentage of your net worth! I'll use the money to fix everything...as soon as I finish paying for my new jet.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Climate change has driven me to drink, right along with everything else.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sometimes a person comes into the middle of a process, say like how a car is made, and is unable to see how building a transmission fits into the bigger picture of a transportation vehicle as the end result.

How are we to know if coral bleaching, polar ice cap melting, (pick a politically hot button segment of what has been labeled global climate change), is just a small part of the natural process of how the earth goes through it's own... and natural... seasons? Summer with the dinosaurs and winter with the ice ages along with slow, small, changes of fall and spring that transition from summer into winter and vice versa.

I am of the opinion that even with all the smart scientists and the data collected so far no one, not one, has collected enough data to be able to make assertions, or even guesses for that matter, concerning a climate that spans millions of years simply because we came into the process in the middle.

But the self serving politicians and special interest groups count on that dearth of real data in order to spin a normal earth climate process into a money making machine.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

In England after review of al gore’s propaganda film “An Inconvenient Truth” was only allowed to shown after a disclaimer was shown first.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...-Untruths.html
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by z06tacoma View Post
    I am a conservative. And I believe that some of what man does has effected change on this planet as well as the planet doing it own change due to its nature. The argument to me, which is unproven, is which is causing change and how much of it will not change if man changes his ways.
    This is my position, too.
    Rockymonster likes this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    I don’t think the OP was talking about “house-al” warming.....
    He just posted "do you believe in man made climate change" .....I'm a man and the thermostat and heat pump is man made....so adjusting my thermostat is man made climate change isn't it? LOL!
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links