Murder using a pit bull - Page 2

Murder using a pit bull

This is a discussion on Murder using a pit bull within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by CBXMan There is no defense for pit bulls. Any dog that makes up 3% of the dog population and does 85% of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Murder using a pit bull

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Baja Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by CBXMan View Post
    There is no defense for pit bulls. Any dog that makes up 3% of the dog population and does 85% of the dog mauling and killing has a serious mental problem. No other dog kills it's owners like pits do.
    The mental problems are caused by the owners. I was looking up your stats and found a 2008 study of dog bites in Denver CO. Breed with the most bites? Lab. Yep, Labrador Retriever.

    No bad dogs, only bad owners.
    Sister, OD*, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.


    Send bachelors and come heavily armed.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.
    Black Rifles Matter

  2. #17
    VIP Member Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by CBXMan View Post
    There is no defense for pit bulls....No other dog kills it's owners like pits do.
    I can see where you could be afraid.

    Murder using a pit bull-f58a1c13-b698-444c-803e-84633498e876.jpeg

    Quite possibly sheís from Afghanistan, radical muslim pit
    CWOUSCG, msgt/ret, OD* and 4 others like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

    UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

    EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF




  3. #18
    VIP Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Baja Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,011
    ^^^ She does put the Terror in Terrier!
    Sister, OD*, airslot and 2 others like this.


    Send bachelors and come heavily armed.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.
    Black Rifles Matter

  4. #19
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,387
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    The mental problems are caused by the owners. I was looking up your stats and found a 2008 study of dog bites in Denver CO. Breed with the most bites? Lab. Yep, Labrador Retriever.

    No bad dogs, only bad owners.
    Unfortunately, "Pit Bull" has become the same as Kleenex, and crescent wrench, there are 25 breeds that resemble the APBTs, most of the knuckle dragging mouth breathing haters choose not to learn that. Remember the stink when the two San Francisco lawyers Pit Bull killed their neighbor? Yeah, didn't matter one little bit that the dog was actually a Presa Canario, ignorant people rarely let facts stand in their way. If it looks like a Pit Bull, it surely is a Pit Bull. Like all black guns are assault weapons.
    Sister, msgt/ret, CWOUSCG and 3 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Baja Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Unfortunately, "Pit Bull" has become the same as Kleenex, and crescent wrench, there are 25 breeds that resemble the APBTs, most of the knuckle dragging mouth breathing haters choose not to learn that. Remember the stink when the two San Francisco lawyers Pit Bull killed their neighbor? Yeah, didn't matter one little bit that the dog was actually a Presa Canario, ignorant people rarely let facts stand in their way. If it looks like a Pit Bull, it surely is a Pit Bull.
    Little Lulu that Sister posted above we got from the shelter. You could tell almost every dog in there had pit bull in them, it was amazing. And none of them were listed as pit bulls! They were some kind of lab terrier mix or some such BS. I think because of insurance, for the shelter as well as the new owner and I believe Houston has a fee for "dangerous" breeds so it gets you out of that.

    People forget Petey on Our Gang (or Little Rascals) was a pit, back then they were considered great family dogs.
    OD*, msgt/ret, airslot and 2 others like this.


    Send bachelors and come heavily armed.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.
    Black Rifles Matter

  6. #21
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,387
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    The mental problems are caused by the owners. I was looking up your stats and found a 2008 study of dog bites in Denver CO. Breed with the most bites? Lab. Yep, Labrador Retriever.

    No bad dogs, only bad owners.
    And yet the mental marvels banned the APBT. We stopped in Denver looking for a motel room shortly after that idiocy took effect, a gentleman came up to our truck after noticing the dog and told us we may want to leave, that they were confiscating ALL APBTs inside the city limits. I still don't know if that was actually happening, but we beat feet outta there and I will never go back.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Baja Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    And yet the mental marvels banned the APBT. We stopped in Denver looking for a motel room shortly after that idiocy took effect, a gentleman came up to our truck after noticing the dog and told us we may want to leave, that they were confiscating ALL APBTs inside the city limits. I still don't know if that was actually happening, but we beat feet outta there and I will never go back.
    Idiots.
    OD*, msgt/ret, airslot and 1 others like this.


    Send bachelors and come heavily armed.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.
    Black Rifles Matter

  8. #23
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,387
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    Little Lulu that Sister posted above we got from the shelter. You could tell almost every dog in there had pit bull in them, it was amazing. And none of them were listed as pit bulls! They were some kind of lab terrier mix or some such BS. I think because of insurance, for the shelter as well as the new owner and I believe Houston has a fee for "dangerous" breeds so it gets you out of that.

    People forget Petey on Our Gang (or Little Rascals) was a pit, back then they were considered great family dogs.
    They were known as "nanny" dogs, they were so good with children. The highest decorated military service dog was Sgt. Snubby, an APBT, the first dog to cross the United States in an automobile was "Bud" yep, another APBT.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  9. #24
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    I can see where you could be afraid.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F58A1C13-B698-444C-803E-84633498E876.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	310886

    Quite possibly sheís from Afghanistan, radical muslim pit
    We've had Pits for more than twenty years, and we still have friends warn us that they could snap and kill us in our sleep. Ya just gotta shake your head.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  10. #25
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,387
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    Little Lulu that Sister posted above we got from the shelter. You could tell almost every dog in there had pit bull in them, it was amazing. And none of them were listed as pit bulls! They were some kind of lab terrier mix or some such BS. I think because of insurance, for the shelter as well as the new owner and I believe Houston has a fee for "dangerous" breeds so it gets you out of that.

    People forget Petey on Our Gang (or Little Rascals) was a pit, back then they were considered great family dogs.
    American Pit Bull Terrier.
    Blue Nose Pit Bull.
    Red Nose Pit Bull.
    American Staffordshire Terrier.
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
    American Bully.
    XL Bully.
    Extreme Bully.
    Standard Bully.
    Classic Bully.
    Pocket Bully.
    American Bulldog.
    Bull Terrier.

    All are called Pit Bulls, no wonder people don't have a clue.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  11. #26
    Senior Member Array Grizzly2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    American Pit Bull Terrier.
    Blue Nose Pit Bull.
    Red Nose Pit Bull.
    American Staffordshire Terrier.
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
    American Bully.
    XL Bully.
    Extreme Bully.
    Standard Bully.
    Classic Bully.
    Pocket Bully.
    American Bulldog.
    Bull Terrier.

    Are all called Pit Bulls, no wonder people don't have a clue.
    another new one: Long Eared Pit Bull Terrier
    I love those ears.

    My daughter rescued two. The older female is some kind of pure Pit and another, a younger male, they think was crossed with a beagle? Has the same overall size as the other but is a few years younger. When she first showed up with them, seeing they both were "pit bulls" I said no, they can't stay here. So, loving dogs so much, she moved. When she had to come home, I relented and built a kennel and an "insulated" dog house??

    While she lived elsewhere, I'd visit and played with the two dogs inside their home. I was roughhousing with the younger male and the female became very unhappy with me - and never forgot it - or so I think. Soon after completing their new housing arrangement and with no ill will towards them, only a sense of caution, not completely trusting them yet, I went out to feed them. The female, as I've seen other sneaky dogs do, let me approach and then lunged up at my face from the other side of the fence. She backed down and cowered some when I showed some dominance without any malice or hatred, but I was not having any of that. We both got over it and she is nothing but friendly towards me now. But do I trust her? No, not completely. That is probably why they weren't allowed to be house dogs. She never ever looked at me cross eyed again and if the weather gets too severe, I allow them inside. If she had never lunged, things might have been different some day. I'll never know if it is the breed or the people who mistreat them. I assume it's the people but not 100%.
    OD*, CWOUSCG and Sister like this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

  12. #27
    Member Array OneSilverT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mid-west
    Posts
    265
    What does the CO2 fire extinguisher do to the agressive dog?

  13. #28
    VIP Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Alabama
    Posts
    5,637
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSilverT View Post
    What does the CO2 fire extinguisher do to the agressive dog?
    It will stop them in their tracks! Equivalent to getting the wind knocked out of you!
    OD*, OneSilverT and Sister like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

  14. #29
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    32,225
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    We've had Pits for more than twenty years, and we still have friends warn us that they could snap and kill us in our sleep. Ya just gotta shake your head.
    Or maybe one day it will shake your head.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  15. #30
    Member Array mmb617's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Altoona, PA
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by CBXMan View Post
    There is no defense for pit bulls. Any dog that makes up 3% of the dog population and does 85% of the dog mauling and killing has a serious mental problem. No other dog kills it's owners like pits do.
    People who know nothing about dogs can cook up statistics like that just like people who know nothing about guns do the same thing. There is no use in arguing with them, their minds will not be changed.

    Years ago we were looking for a second dog and I was wanting to get a Doberman, simply because I thought they were good looking dogs. But my wife said absolutely not as they were bad dogs. One day we saw a roadside sign that said "free Lab puppies" so we stopped. They had 4 or 5 puppies and pointed to a marginally Lab looking adult as the mother. At any rate one of the puppies just wouldn't let my wife alone, kept wanting her to pick it up, and we left with that one. Even as a pup I thought that dog looked like it had some Pit in it's blood and as she grew to adulthood it became obvious that she was very Pit looking. The gas meter reader marked our card as home to a dangerous dog. I asked him what that meant and he pointed at Zena and said "That dog right there is a Pit Bull" simply based on her looks.

    She's actually a real sweetheart and not the least bit aggressive, but some people look at her and imagine she must be bad based entirely on her looks. But you'll never tell those people anything different.
    CWOUSCG and Sister like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •