Texas informed Feds we will not accept any new refugees

This is a discussion on Texas informed Feds we will not accept any new refugees within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Texas informed the Feds that we will no longer take in any more refugees. Since 2002 Texas has been the #2 state for amount we ...

Like Tree22Likes
  • 9 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 3 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 2 Post By jmf552
  • 1 Post By AndyK
  • 3 Post By HotBrass45
  • 1 Post By jejb
  • 1 Post By 5lima30ret
  • 1 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By jmf552

Thread: Texas informed Feds we will not accept any new refugees

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar

Texas informed the Feds that we will no longer take in any more refugees.
    Since 2002 Texas has been the #2 state for amount we have taken in.
    Says other states need to share the burden.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-...efugees-paxton
    msgt/ret, darbo, M1911A1 and 6 others like this.

Senior Moderator
    Good for Texas.

Unfortunately our Governor has called for more.
    OldChap, RETSUPT99 and Sister like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

I was just googling wondering about this this morning. Weíre still looking at different places (states) to retire in a couple to 5 years. Regarding Texas, Iíve read where they are letting folks from the Ebola land of Congo colonized in Austin?

Anyone have an updated map as to which states are saying yes and which no?
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

@Sister : From what I've learned so far in the fight we are in in VA over guns (and immigration), I have come to the conclusion that what a state is saying right this moment doesn't mean all that much. Things can turn on a dime, especially if your state gets targeted. What I will be looking for if I decide I need to move, are the states that have the strongest conservative base in relation to the liberal base, in other words, the greatest conservative advantage. To me, that is more predictive of what is going to happen in the next 10 or 20 years that what is happening right now. According to World Population Review, the states that have better ratios than Virginia are as follows, in order of conservative advantage, and I would want a state that was a LOT better than Virginia, so one much higher on this list! I was surprised at the results. Some of the states that keep getting listed as being really conservative at the moment didn't actually score that high..

1. Mississippi
    2. Alabama
    3. South Dakota
    4. Wyoming
    5. West Virginia
    6. Louisiana
    7. Utah
    8. Tennessee
    9. Arkansas
    10. South Carolina
    11. Oklahoma
    12. Idaho
    13. Alaska
    14. Indiana
    15. North Dakota
    16. Montana
    17. Missouri
    18. Kansas
    19. Georgia
    20. Kentucky
    21. Texas
    22. North Carolina
    23. New Mexico
    24. Arizona
    25. Ohio
    26. Nebraska
    27. Iowa
    28. Florida
    29. Wisconsin
    30. Pennsylvania
    31. Nevada
    32. Michigan
    5lima30ret and Sister like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Good!
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

The more very large cities a state has, the more chances it will be now or in the future liberal. Texas is 21 cause of Dallas, houston and austin. Missippi is #1 cause it is mostly rural. Alabama rural areas are the same as Mississippi rural areas but we have a couple large area of libtards, Birmingham and Montgomery. Fortunetly, Huntsville, soon to be the largest city in AL, is very conservative.
    M1911A1 likes this.

Now Texas will need to find people who are willing to commit the crimes that Americans are just too lazy to commit
    jmf552, Havok and M1911A1 like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    I was just googling wondering about this this morning. Weíre still looking at different places (states) to retire in a couple to 5 years. Regarding Texas, Iíve read where they are letting folks from the Ebola land of Congo colonized in Austin?

Anyone have an updated map as to which states are saying yes and which no?
    Up until now we havent had a choice.
    We get the government we deserve.

Our gov here in Arkansas is in a lot of hot water for signing up us up for more refugees. We are a very conservative state overall. The presidential candidates don't even bother to campaign here. Seems he got a little "me too" fever, which may well cost him in the end.
    M1911A1 likes this.

I can vouch for Alabama being conservative. Very pro 2nd amendment. One of the largest populations of deer and very long hunting seasons! Also the largest alligator harvested in recent history was also in Alabama 15'09" Dat is a BIG Alligator, choot him Cletus!

*It has been my experience that most conservative states tend to embrace and encourage hunting along with supporting 2nd Amendment issues. YMMV.
    Sister likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

@jmf522; Regarding #9 Arkansas, we were thinking of there until they pulled these new gun laws that are so imposing. It got marked off the list promptly after that - so many variables [taxes, cost of living, size of city] that are to be taking into consideration but if your state has a lot of money in sponsoring other people with your tax money there does need to be a stopping point.

Soon nobody will be in those states to work to keep up the the states are wanting to keep up. Messed up, CA is showing the world what happens when everything is free, cause its not to the folks that are residents of CA.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    Now Texas will need to find people who are willing to commit the crimes that Americans are just too lazy to commit
    Reminds me of an old joke that I will clean up just to be slightly PC. You can change the words as you like.

Q: Why do different progressive groups not want to breed with each other?

A: They are afraid their kids will be too lazy to steal!
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
    The more very large cities a state has, the more chances it will be now or in the future liberal. Texas is 21 cause of Dallas, houston and austin. Missippi is #1 cause it is mostly rural. Alabama rural areas are the same as Mississippi rural areas but we have a couple large area of libtards, Birmingham and Montgomery. Fortunetly, Huntsville, soon to be the largest city in AL, is very conservative.
    That could change if the dead vote more often.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Regarding #9 Arkansas, we were thinking of there until they pulled these new gun laws that are so imposing. It got marked off the list promptly after that
    What new gun laws are those? I have not heard of any.

Sponsored Links