Ruined my (near)perfect driving record! - Page 2

Ruined my (near)perfect driving record!

This is a discussion on Ruined my (near)perfect driving record! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Have you considered having a traffic court attorney look at it? Yes, they exist. Even honest officers who try hard are often busy and often ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Ruined my (near)perfect driving record!

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    Have you considered having a traffic court attorney look at it? Yes, they exist.

Even honest officers who try hard are often busy and often forget to dot an "I" or cross a "T", or miss a time deadline, or some such, and you can get the citation dismissed if that's the case.

Out here, the good traffic court attorneys will review the citation, and will tell you if they can get it dismissed or not before you go to court. If they can, you pay them about $250 or $300 for their services, and if they don't win, you don't pay. Last time I did this, I didn't even have to go into the court. The lawyer went in for me, and came out about 15 minutes later, and said "case dismissed".

If you committed the infraction, and it will serve your sense of penance to pay the fine and move on, then by all means go ahead.

If you can't really afford getting your cost-of-insurance jacked, though, this can be worth a look.
    MMinSC and msgt/ret like this.
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    The Z series just begs to have the hammer dropped.

Attachment 310966 Attachment 310968
    Nice! I bought mine when I was a "high-rolling" commercial diver. It was silver. I can't recall whether I purchased it in 1979 or 1980.
    msgt/ret and 5lima30ret like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

I earn my traffic stops. I have been stopped for 107 mph on the onramp to a raised freeway and 135 mph in a 40 mph zone.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I earn my traffic stops. I have been stopped for 107 mph on the onramp to a raised freeway and 135 mph in a 40 mph zone.
    If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch?
    msgt/ret and 5lima30ret like this.
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

My grandfather was a German immigrant and earned (2) purple hearts in France during WW-I before he got his US citizenship. He liked to drive fast and we got stopped by a deputy for speeding. The deputy told my grandfather that he stopped him for speeding 59 in a 50 mph zone. My grandfather who had a heavy German accent said "you're a liar I was going at least 65 mph" (this was prior to radar guns) he told the startled young deputy to write him a ticket or let him go. The deputy was so shocked he told my grandfather to have a nice day as he sped away! I doubt that would have a happy ending these days!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links