The newest scandal - Page 3

The newest scandal

This is a discussion on The newest scandal within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Havok The same reason I mentioned in my post that you quoted. And yes I know that he plays for Oakland now. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The newest scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    The same reason I mentioned in my post that you quoted. And yes I know that he plays for Oakland now.
    He didn't play in the last games of the world series because he had been suspended for 3 games due to hitting a player with a ball.

And he has no reason to be disgruntled, Oakland is paying him more and he has already pitched a no no with them too.

Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    He didn't play in the last games of the world series because he had been suspended for 3 games due to hitting a player with a ball.

And he has no reason to be disgruntled, Oakland is paying him more and he has already pitched a no no with them too.
    No, he didn’t play in ANY of the World Series, or the ALCS, or the ALDS. He was not on their roster. His suspension was up before that.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Any Day Now View Post
    https://www.12up.com/posts/jose-altu...s-01dyqxcze7n0

Clearly you're a fan - but c'mon bro.

Screaming at teammates "don't take my jersey off"!

This isn't normal behavior.

He literally sprints off the field the second he touches home - while fans and teammates are still going bonkers - goes down the tunnel and comes back out in a different shirt.

After being busted - the Astros have zero credibility. That's just how it goes.
    The MLB has gone on the record to say nothing like this happened.

The Astros won every single game in Washington this World Series, and lost every single game at home. They are great at bat. The accusation was from 2017. Another catcher has also said in an interview that he doesn’t see what the big deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I know this is "Off Topic and Humor," but this is not humorous and professional and college sports is so off topic it ought to be on another forum. You might at least put the sport name in the title, so most of us who are concerned with Defensive Carry won't click on it.

Or, alternatively, I can start posting on the following, actually real sports. They make as much sense as US professional sports and no one takes a knee for The Anthem and the players don't get busted for beating up women, drugs, rape, dog fighting, etc.
    • Wife Carrying
    • Chess Boxing
    • Cheese Rolling
    • Extreme Ironing
    • Egg Throwing
    • Underwater Hockey
    • Shin Kicking
    • Toe Wrestling
    There is a shooting sport, too: Pistol Chess.
    I've played it...and lost.

Two players go through a normal game of chess...but...
    Whenever there's a confrontation on the board, for instance King's Pawn to Queen's Knight 4, then Queen's Rook's Pawn to Queen's Rook 3, the two players simultaneously fire one shot each at separate metal targets, first hit wins.
    The loser's piece is then removed from the board, and the game continues, as would a normal game, until the players come to the next face-off.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

No, he didn’t play in ANY of the World Series, or the ALCS, or the ALDS. He was not on their roster. His suspension was up before that.
    Yeah, they did not treat him well at all in Houston. Shame, he is a great pitcher.

Yeah, they did not treat him well at all in Houston. Shame, he is a great pitcher.
    So now you see why he might be a little butthurt and want to “get back” at the Astros?

So now you see why he might be a little butthurt and want to “get back” at the Astros?
    That wasn't the reason he said.

As a pitcher, he understands that the other side will try and read signals but putting in telephoto camera's to read signals back to a team member near the dugout was wrong.

He actually told the staff of the Astro's it was wrong. They traded him away.

He is doing well in Oakland. They are paying him more too. And, he pitched another No No for them.
    Havok likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Only problem here is they got caught.
    Havok likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

That wasn't the reason he said.

As a pitcher, he understands that the other side will try and read signals but putting in telephoto camera's to read signals back to a team member near the dugout was wrong.

He actually told the staff of the Astro's it was wrong. They traded him away.

He is doing well in Oakland. They are paying him more too. And, he pitched another No No for them.
    Hinch thought it was wrong as well. He was suspended, and eventually fired because it went on for longer than they thought it should have. But if he had played in the World Series and remained on the team, I doubt he would have said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Only problem here is they got caught.
    Agreed. I think we will see that more than just these two teams are doing this. Everyone is looking to gain an edge.
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links