If you guys can't help me, I'm gonna have to build this thing :( - Page 3

If you guys can't help me, I'm gonna have to build this thing :(

This is a discussion on If you guys can't help me, I'm gonna have to build this thing :( within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As my audiologist said, "Hearing aids are wonderful: You can hear everything. But they're terrible, too: You can hear everything !" Ain't it the truth: ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: If you guys can't help me, I'm gonna have to build this thing :(

As my audiologist said, "Hearing aids are wonderful: You can hear everything. But they're terrible, too: You can hear everything!"

Ain't it the truth: In a group conversation, the words you want to hear are often masked by the other conversations going on around you.

The more gain you build into your circuit, the more that extraneous conversations will intrude, and will mask what your B-I-L needs to hear.
    And the device will have to be worn outside of clothing, so the microphone isn't subject to clothing rustles.

Difficult problem!

BTW: The gain-per-frequency profile for him is very similar to mine, although greater.
    Tangle likes this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1 View Post
    As my audiologist said, "Hearing aids are wonderful: You can hear everything. But they're terrible, too: You can hear everything!"

Ain't it the truth: In a group conversation, the words you want to hear are often masked by the other conversations going on around you.

The more gain you build into your circuit, the more that extraneous conversations will intrude, and will mask what your B-I-L needs to hear.
    And the device will have to be worn outside of clothing, so the microphone isn't subject to clothing rustles.

Difficult problem!
    Yep, for sure. I'm hoping the ability to hear will outweigh the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1 View Post
    ...BTW: The gain-per-frequency profile for him is very similar to mine, although greater.
    Very similar to mine too.

The frequency gain is adjustable; I have the gain set high right now, but hopefully it's higher than he'll need and I can adjust it down.

Then, the situation with my B-I-L is quite dynamic - one day it's one thing, the next day it may be something else. As of this morning because of the situation on his end, I'm going to suspend this project until I see what shakes out - you just never know. But at this point, there's not much point moving forward until I see where we're going.
    airslot likes this.
    We don't have a gun problem in the US, We have a people problem.
    The problem we have is people that want to kill large numbers innocent people
    in Gun Free Zones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links