The Bravest Athlete in History! - Page 2

The Bravest Athlete in History!

This is a discussion on The Bravest Athlete in History! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First of all, I dislike such Hyperbolic terms as Best, Most, or in this case, Bravest! They have no basis in reality and are used ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: The Bravest Athlete in History!

First of all, I dislike such Hyperbolic terms as Best, Most, or in this case, Bravest! They have no basis in reality and are used mostly by propagandists and marketing mavens (is there a difference?) to sway the weak minded and the ignorant. This automatically dismisses and dishonors all the athletes who have put careers on hold to go to war; and that's just one example.

It's more than just unfortunate, it's dangerous and harmful to society as well as personally. It lowers the standards in the mind of our kids who lack the life experience to know the difference. Childish and foolish it is!
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

How come we don't see transgenders up against other transgenders. Seems all the stories are of "men" competing against women. How convenient.
    MMinSC and ETXhiker like this.

Senior Moderator
    What I meant to say was “most women reject the idea that gender is a mere construct”
    ETXhiker likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Ehhhh don't care. Somebody wet the bed and now they get to sleep in it.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Ehhhh don't care. Somebody wet the bed and now they get to sleep in it.
    For the most part I'd agree but it is unfortunate for the majority of women athletes who don't buy into this you can pick your gender crap.

Taken to it's extreme doesn't this spell the end to title IX guarantees of equal access to sports participation for men's and women's college sports teams? Since there is no distinction between men and women.
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    How come we don't see transgenders up against other transgenders. Seems all the stories are of "men" competing against women. How convenient.
    It does seem one-sided. You can take all the testosterone lowering medication you want. That does not change the fact that a man will have a larger heart muscle, larger lung capacity an a stronger bone density regardless.
    ETXhiker and Arejay like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

I think I will go for Olympic gold at Tokyo. Women's shot put seems like it would be easy for my out of shape 45 year old self.

flh
    Fallon Fox vs Ashlee Evans Smith , Smith a real woman mma fighter is in purple , if you don't want to watch all of the fight ff to the 3rd round.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=remsCdsLLJM
    MMinSC and ETXhiker like this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Fallon Fox vs Ashlee Evans Smith , Smith a real woman mma fighter is in purple , if you don't want to watch all of the fight ff to the 3rd round.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=remsCdsLLJM
    Thanks, it was good to see the woman(real) win. Make sure you guys scroll down and read some of the comments below the video. Pretty funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links