New challenge goes viral with today's kids

This is a discussion on New challenge goes viral with today's kids within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We truly are raising a generation of idiots. New challenge that is going viral and has fire department concerned. Take a phone charger and plug ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: New challenge goes viral with today's kids

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar

We truly are raising a generation of idiots.
    New challenge that is going viral and has fire department concerned.
    Take a phone charger and plug it half way in a outlet then touch it with a penny to see if you can get it to spark and light up.
    Why not just simplify it and stick your tongue on the outlet.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/outlet-ch...-investigators

Natural selection is undefeated. Have at it kids
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I guess eating Tide pods has lost its cool factor?

Saw that on the news the other night, even if you have good fire insurance it may be considered arson and not be covered. Having been an Aircraft Electrician and knowing the capabilities of electricity that has to be the height of stupidity.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Distinguished Member
    Hopefully, no one burns down a house. What would be worse is not having insurance should that happen.
    ETXhiker likes this.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Saw that on the news the other night, even if you have good fire insurance it may be considered arson and not be covered. Having been an Aircraft Electrician and knowing the capabilities of electricity that has to be the height of stupidity.
    Oh, the stories I could tell from my 40 years as an electronic technician......
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Why mess up a good phone charger? They should just use a fork like everyone else!

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    If that was me as a kid, I would hope I was electrocuted because my dad would hurt me worse.

Well, not surprising from a generation that eats Tide pods. The future doesn't look too bright.
    airslot, ETXhiker and OldChap like this.

When I was a kid, we used to challenge gravity....jumping off the roof with an open umbrella.

After a couple of disasters, we decided to test some other principle, like seeing if thrown rocks could make us into "knot-heads."
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

So it should be easy to get the idiots involved in the "Urinal Cake" challenge.
    montejames, airslot and ETXhiker like this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Nothing new. When I was younger kids would buy replacement plugs from Lowes and bridge the gap on the back with a nail them cover it in electrical tape. Not sure if they did anything else. I thought it was incredibly stupid so I never asked. The purpose? To intentionally kill/burn an outlet, especially at school. One kid turned 2 feet of concrete wall above the outlet black.
    airslot and ETXhiker like this.

Distinguished Member
    And they're worried about guns in school?
    ETXhiker, msgt/ret and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I have no doubt that somewhere plans are being made to top this latest stunt. It makes, "Here, hold my beer," so old school.
    ETXhiker, airslot and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Lightweights all of you...Go into dads garage, behind where he keeps his welder or the big air compressor and find the THREE prong plug, or even 4. Be a man and do a triple with a nickle AND a dime....
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links