The spending proposals just keep getting crazier.....one father asks the obvious

The spending proposals just keep getting crazier.....one father asks the obvious

This is a discussion on The spending proposals just keep getting crazier.....one father asks the obvious within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; An angry father confronted Sen. Elizabeth Warren saying those who responsibly saved to pay for student tuition and fees themselves would get “screwed” under her ...

Like Tree49Likes
  • 18 Post By PPS1980
  • 9 Post By Bigpoppa48
  • 8 Post By HotBrass45
  • 4 Post By Rockymonster
  • 3 Post By sdprof
  • 3 Post By OneGunTX
  • 2 Post By CavemanBob
  • 1 Post By PPS1980
  • 1 Post By NECCdude

Thread: The spending proposals just keep getting crazier.....one father asks the obvious

VIP Member

An angry father confronted Sen. Elizabeth Warren saying those who responsibly saved to pay for student tuition and fees themselves would get “screwed” under her student debt cancellation plan.

"I just wanted to ask one question. My daughter is getting out of school. I've saved all my money. She doesn't have any student loans. Am I going to get my money back?" the father asked Warren in a photo line after a presidential campaign town hall in Grimes, Iowa, on Monday.

Of course not,” Warren answered, without hesitation.

"So you're going to pay for people who didn't save any money and those of us who did the right thing get screwed?” the father pressed.

GOOD for HIM!
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

I understand this totally, My dad saved his money to the point that I just paid my tuition in full every semester and graduated without any student debt at all. He made the sacrifices for me and I appreciate it until this day. Most and I do mean Many people do not understand what sacrifice is pertaining to anything they wait to profit off of you at the finish line.

Gray Beaver speaks with forked tongue
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

Woman Speak With Fork Tongue!!
    THE CROW

VIP Member
    It’s a lot like immigration....

Many people came to this country legally, waited in line so to speak, did it the right way and became citizens. Now we have thousands that have entered illegally, and get better assistance than the folks who did it the right way. Wrong, and unfair......
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Not only is the father screwed, but he gets to pay for the screwing.
    ETXhiker, surefire7 and NECCdude like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Gray Beaver courting debtors, free loaders and law breakers for votes!

Make America Venezuela!!

Not Me!
    Tstone, msgt/ret and NECCdude like this.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    The lenders should be on the hook for the student loans given out to people undertaking university programs which offer degrees which offer little hope of post-graduation employment within their field of studies due to lack of marketable skills. For instance, borrowing $60K when majoring in underwater basket weaving offers little hope of employment within their field of study so should be considered by the lender to be of high risk and should have been denied. If the lenders were on the hook for these loans with no hope of bailout, I think it would have at least two beneficial effects: 1. The elimination of totally worthless degree programs in the university system, the "underwater basket weaving" program would have been eliminated from from the universities due to lack of enrollment. 2. A greatly reduced number of student loans which would never get repaid.
    ETXhiker and PPS1980 like this.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    The lenders should be on the hook for the student loans given out to people undertaking university programs which offer degrees which offer little hope of post-graduation employment within their field of studies due to lack of marketable skills. For instance, borrowing $60K when majoring in underwater basket weaving offers little hope of employment within their field of study so should be considered by the lender to be of high risk and should have been denied. If the lenders were on the hook for these loans with no hope of bailout, I think it would have at least two beneficial effects: 1. The elimination of totally worthless degree programs in the university system, the "underwater basket weaving" program would have been eliminated from from the universities due to lack of enrollment. 2. A greatly reduced number of student loans which would never get repaid.
    Also, with guaranteed repayment (either through current Gov't payment for default or the Moron Plan currently proposed by the Demorats) the colleges have increased tuition FAR, FAR in excess of inflation. This has been going on for several decades now, making tuition a challenge for average American's without a "loan".
    CavemanBob likes this.

MJK
    They are buying votes with our money and importing illegals to further sway elections in their direction.

Truly the enemy within!
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

Distinguished Member
    Colleges and universities are overpriced - therein lies the problem. Too bad 100% online degree programs aren't given as much consideration as brick & mortar schools.
    CavemanBob likes this.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Lead Moderator
    Isn't it sad that this is the best government money can buy? And it's still going downhill.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Colleges and universities are overpriced - therein lies the problem. Too bad 100% online degree programs aren't given as much consideration as brick & mortar schools.
    From what I've seen, the online programs are MORE expensive than attending the physical school. I think it's important to the future of our country to figure out how to reduce the cost of obtaining a degree. Lavish campuses and certain overpaid staff need to go. It'd be interesting to see what the real cost of some of these athletic programs is, I have a hard time believing some of the financial justifications I've seen. Multi-million dollar contracts for head coaches seems excessive to me.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    I’ve interviewed people from both online and traditional schools for employment. There is no comparison, the grads from traditional schools can be horrible but the online school grads are pretty uniformly unqualified. The exception has been the 1 or 2 that had extensive life experience that they got a diploma for from an online.

Sponsored Links