Not for political discussion, but I do have a question..... - Page 2

Not for political discussion, but I do have a question.....

This is a discussion on Not for political discussion, but I do have a question..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The older you get the more you rant politics....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: Not for political discussion, but I do have a question.....

The older you get the more you rant politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    The older you get the more you rant politics.
    With maturity comes wisdom and awareness...
    ETXhiker, Sister, OldChap and 4 others like this.

I don’t know about other electronic forums and stuff, but many of the forums I’m on, such as this one being a gun forum are centered around topics that are inherently political.
    We get the government we deserve.

sgb
    Unfortunately unless something radically changes, the future of this Republic will be decided with violence, a second Civil war is brewing.
    demanic, OldChap and oldIthink like this.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I don’t know about other electronic forums and stuff, but many of the forums I’m on, such as this one being a gun forum are centered around topics that are inherently political.
    Most of the other forums I frequent are guitar related, and as a result political discussion is VERY polarizing and is a forbidden topic. Lots of liberals in the arts, and musicians are no different.
    ETXhiker, OldChap, Havok and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    The only difference between one side and the other is the certainty that their hypocrisy is more righteous than other.
    Not exactly accurate...

The only difference is that one side values freedom, liberty, personal responsibility, Family, God, and Country - and the other side are America hating commies.

Quote Originally Posted by Any Day Now View Post
    Not exactly accurate...

The only difference is that one side values freedom, liberty, personal responsibility, Family, God, and Country - and the other side are America hating commies.
    This forum needs a selector that will allow us to fire off likes in fully auto mode. I would've mag dumped 'em on this post.

If you will allow...

Politics is the mechanism by which citizens exercise essential control over their lives in a republic. It is as necessary to the republic as is air to the living.

The opposite of politics is apathy. Apathy means the citizens do not care what happens to them or their families. Apathy is death by slow strangulation to the republic.

Of course it follows that politics is the essential medium for would-be tyrants to gain a toe hold in the system so that they may exercise complete control over the lives of their victims by other means.

I do not remember who said all that, and I doubt I have quoted it accurately, but you get the drift.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I use to bore people about electronics in my early days of my career. About every decade I come up with a new subject to annoy someone. Now I've been criticized by some friends about my 2A activism. Oh well.......
    OldChap, ETXhiker, Osprey and 3 others like this.
    Microwave technicians are fully deviated.

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by Frodebro View Post
    With maturity comes wisdom and awareness...
    It also brings retirement which gives us the time to pay attention to the details!
    “Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.”
    -- Edward Bernays

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    I use to bore people about electronics in my early days of my career. About every decade I come up with a new subject to annoy someone. Now I've been criticized by some friends about my 2A activism. Oh well.......
    “Friends”.
    Redbert31 likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

This forum needs a selector that will allow us to fire off likes in fully auto mode. I would've mag dumped 'em on this post.
    Maybe Gaitorbait would be willing to share his!
    “Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.”
    -- Edward Bernays

I've avoided political discussion for most of my life, but these days it just seems that there's so much more at stake regarding where our country could wind up if the left wins, and I have felt compelled to involve myself more in understanding and discussing the issues. It's almost like the old days of Reagan sounding off against the dangers of communism, except now the threat is right here walking among us.
    Bingo!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We are in a serious war that so far is bloodless. But it is a war nonetheless. There is no longer any sane option to sit it out anywhere now. The left is fighting this fight everywhere and every way they can. I don't think we have the luxury of trying to take the "moral high ground" anymore. Besides, we don't need to. On our worst day, right thinking Americans are on a higher moral level than the left on any day. That is a given. This is approaching a situation on a parallel with the Nazi occupation of Europe. People who don't take a side and do something, anywhere they can, are essentially a collaborators and enablers. We need to fight their tactics with the same or worse and not think twice about it. So if I see a site that is not dealing with politics I think two things: 1) Why isn't it dealing with politics?, and 2) It is only a matter of time before it will.
    Hoganbeg, Sister, OldChap and 3 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Any attempt to say there exists any kind of equivalence between our Domestic Enemies and we Americans is so beyond foolish that the words don't exist to describe it. Since their Evil disease has infected every. single. aspect. of life here in the US, it is no wonder that nowhere in public discourse is there a place not stained by Leftist politics and commentary about it, including this fine forum website.

Think about it-this country was once the last place on Earth that valued Liberty; it by God's grace and man's hard work, devotion, and sacrifice. At the hands of Democrats and their innumerable allies, Columbia lays gang-r**** and bludgeoned in an urban gutter, bleeding out from the proverbial Thousand Cuts.

There's right and there's wrong. Many of us of d'un certain âge were brought up to know the difference. I was raised to think that lying, stealing, murdering, racism, sexual perversion, and treason were wrong. Secular Jihadis (Democrats) have institutionalized these things into their belief/feels system. Current Democrats have no respect for right and wrong because they've abandoned themselves entirely over to their sin and wish to live in a country patterned after Sodom and Gomorrah or as a real life incarnation of the movie Caligula (1979) or the Gore Vidal novel of the same name. The Democrats have no spiritual, moral or intellectually defensible position that describes their status as Americans beyond this being their place of somehow avoiding the abortionist's knife.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links