Got Snow? - Page 3

Got Snow?

This is a discussion on Got Snow? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We just had a dusting of small, dry flakes. But it did get cold, 13 degrees this morning. Temps were in the mid 70s Sunday. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Got Snow?

We just had a dusting of small, dry flakes. But it did get cold, 13 degrees this morning. Temps were in the mid 70s Sunday. Gotta love the Texas Panhandle.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    None in H Town just cold and wet.

Looked like up near Dallas may have been blessed with snow? Who got snow I’m already envious?!
    No snow, but dang chilly for the AZ desert!
    See what my little Swedish snowflake is telling me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Snow?-low-temp-2-5-20.jpg  

Redbert31, Sister, OD* and 3 others like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Snow here usually doesn't stick around more than a day or two. Up in Northern Kansas might be a bit different, however.
    Redbert31, Sister and msgt/ret like this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Nope but .........

Attachment 313196

Northeast Texas this morning
    msgt/ret and Sister like this.

Distinguished Member
    The week-day place here in southern Maine is very near the coast, so mostly rain so far this year... plowable snow only a couple of times this season.
    The mountain/retirement place is in the snowiest part of Vermont, not far from a ski resort (but far enough that they're not a problem). Last year, the 31' travel trailer we have up there while we build the retirement place, was completely buried in snow, easily 9-10 feet deep at roughly 2000 feet elevation.
    The top of the mountain, at around 4000 feet, averages around 350 inches per season. In the winter season it snows 3-4 days / week... every week.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I'm jealous of all you who have gotten snow. In CT, we had a few snows this year but they all (except in early December) turned to rain or freezing rain which is a pain in the back. I have to make paths so my 2 little dogs can enjoy the yard and do their thing. I miss the deep beautiful snowfalls of past years, even the 2014-2015 winter when Logan was a new puppy and had to be potty trained. It snowed 2-3 times weekly here that season and often I was out at 3 am shoveling mazes in 2' of snow in time to get to work by 6am. Now that I'm retired and would have the time, we have little snow

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Sister, Old Man and TSKnight like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    So far we are on the light end of snow this year. For Wisconsin that is. No complaints about that. We have enough snow to keep things white, but not so much as to be a pain to deal with. Unlike last year at this time where the snow was never ending and exceedingly plentiful.

A good winter so far.
    Learned living in WI for a year that the Yankees were correct in that there are two different kind of snow.

32 (f) in the Carolinas or Texas is much colder to me than it was at -15 in WI (N of Green Bay). Between the fluffy fun snow and 4 story high Christmas trees growing wild I fell in love with WI (and the Bread, food up there was to die for!)
    msgt/ret, flh, OD* and 3 others like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

What it looks like where we ski, after a good storm, here in Southern Utah. This was last winter. Just for you, Sister.

Got Snow?-snow.jpg
    OD*, msgt/ret, Old Man and 3 others like this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    We received about an inch.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    None in H Town just cold and wet.

Looked like up near Dallas may have been blessed with snow? Who got snow I’m already envious?!
    Nothing like last year and i am thankful...Right now we have no snow except the left over piles from snow plows.

I hear tales of the stuff, but its 64 and sunny here today!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Don't y'all get tired of seeing just white??? and then frozen mud???
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need it and don't have it, you'll never need it again.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    We've had some snow this winter, but no where near normal. The big storms have all slipped around us. go 40 miles east or north and they have twice the snow we have.
    What we have had is freezing rain. There is a layer of ice under what snow we have had. Makes for lots of ER trips. Have two friends who have broken bones falling on the ice.
    Give me 2ft of snow and keep the ice! I can put the snow in piles, ice stays until it melts.

There was a time when I prayed for snow so I could go play in it. Dad did custom snow removal when I was growing up and I learned to enjoy moving it around. Even did some winter rescue with snowmobile during some of the nastier storms. Now that I hobble around with a cane, snow is just work. What used to take me an hour takes 2 and I pay for it for 3-4 days later.

Can't say I miss the big storms. Here we get 2-10 inches and 40-50mph winds. Stops everything except emergency services and the morons who think that a 4WD will get them anywhere.
    More often, they get just far enough that they can't see 5 feet and end up in a ditch screaming for someone to come rescue them. Only problem is they don't know where they are.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I'm a couple of counties south of the minniesowta border and we have a covering of white. Snow machines are loving it. Not sure why, the trails are brown now. Nothing like years past. I haven't even had to fire up the tractor this winter to clear the dooryard. Only had about 6" all season. 30° now and bright and sunny...weather guessers said Tuesday it was supposed to snow today....
    TSKnight and Tstone like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links