How do civil wars happen? - Page 2

How do civil wars happen?

This is a discussion on How do civil wars happen? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Then it would be up to the Democrats to how far they are willing to go to try to try to destroy the present administration ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: How do civil wars happen?

Then it would be up to the Democrats to how far they are willing to go to try to try to destroy the present administration and the country.
    Their agenda knows no bounds.

It's going to be up to us to shut them down HARD come November. They need to be shown that "ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES".
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    I have heard people say that they think the removal of President Trump would have been the first step towards civil war in our country.
    It's been my opinion (and that of others) that a state of civil war already exists in this country. It just hasn't reached the shooting stage, yet.
    airslot likes this.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    If this is in veiled reference as to what would happen if Trump were convicted and removed from office I have wondered what would happen.
    It would be the same as when Nixon resigned. Pence would be sworn in (and immediately Pardon everyone involved) and presumably Pelosi would become VP. Which would really make things interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post
    It's been my opinion (and that of others) that a state of civil war already exists in this country. It just hasn't reached the shooting stage, yet.
    At this point, it's still a battle of ideologies. If it goes beyond that, God help us all.
    ETXhiker and montejames like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    Simply study the inspection of the United States from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War then study the aftermath of the Civil War to the Great Depression then to Civil Rights Era to now. Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Now we know Senator Joseph Raymond McCarthy was right.
    I've known that for years.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    LimaCharlie and railfancwb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    It would be the same as when Nixon resigned. Pence would be sworn in (and immediately Pardon everyone involved) and presumably Pelosi would become VP. Which would really make things interesting
    I seriously doubt this. As I recall, the newly seated president would have the authority to appoint the new VP at his discretion. The only way Pelosi would get in if Trump was removed would be if Pence was killed or for whatever reason, was not able to serve, in which case Pelosi would become the president.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    I seriously doubt this. As I recall, the newly seated president would have the authority to appoint the new VP at his discretion. The only way Pelosi would get in if Trump was removed would be if Pence was killed or for whatever reason, was not able to serve, in which case Pelosi would become the president.
    I don't know for sure but the line of succession is President, Vice President, Speaker of the house and it goes on from there. I just assumed that everyone would step up one

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    At this point, it's still a battle of ideologies. If it goes beyond that, God help us all.
    Not quite. The Left has already demonstrated violence and a willingness to kill. James Hodgkinson, opened fire on Republicans practicing softball. ANTIFA wears black masks and runs riot through crowds. Gregory Timm drives a van into a Trump campaign tent, attempting to injure staffers registering voters. That's just a sampling. You also have "comediennes' holding the "severed head" of President Trump. Entertainers speak openly of wanting to "bomb the White House."

It's just a short step from there...
    OldVet, xXxHeavy and railfancwb like this.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Not necessarily. When Nixon resigned and Ford assumed the presidency, Carl Albert was the Speaker of the House, yet Nelson Rockefeller was named to the vice-presidency.
    OldVet and railfancwb like this.

I don't know for sure but the line of succession is President, Vice President, Speaker of the house and it goes on from there. I just assumed that everyone would step up one
    Yes the first three you mentioned would be in line for the Oval office.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post
    Not quite. The Left has already demonstrated violence and a willingness to kill. James Hodgkinson, opened fire on Republicans practicing softball. ANTIFA wears black masks and runs riot through crowds. Gregory Timm drives a van into a Trump campaign tent, attempting to injure staffers registering voters. That's just a sampling. You also have "comediennes' holding the "severed head" of President Trump. Entertainers speak openly of wanting to "bomb the White House."

It's just a short step from there...
    Let's discuss the MGM Las Vegas Massacre at a Country Western Concert......call it what you will but we know why they covered it up....omo.

The first thing I have to say is that if nothing else, Trump's presidency has convinced me that The Deep State exists. I believe that there is an insider's club from both parties in Washington whose sole aim is to perpetuate their power.

The fact that Trump became President at all tells me that they can't rig a national election yet but I'm pretty sure that Hillary was the one who was supposed to lead the final push to end our Republic and secure their power forever..

I think Trump winning forced them into the open and they're doing everything they can including pulling out all the stops to disarm us to make sure that an aberration like the Trump presidency never happen again. I suspect that Michael Blumberg will become the next President (either this election or the next) and it will be all over.

I've said what I'm about to say before and I want to be really clear on exactly what I'm trying to communicate.

I do not have enough information on the Bundy Ranch standoff to offer any opinion on the rightness or wrongness of it. I also don't have enough information to have any opinions on whether or not the resistors had any chance to prevail in an armed confrontation against the government.

I mean obviously they didn't. It was just a matter of how much force the government would have been willing to use.

The only thing I'm commenting on is that I really believe that the number of people who showed up willing to fight unsettled a lot of the people who are apart of the Deep State.

The reason I believe that is because it was immediately after that incident that the nation wide push for assault weapons bans and magazine capacity restrictions and bands on all semi-automatic firearms really took off.

That's also the time when the legislation stopped grandfathering ownership of existing weapons. That's when they specifically made transfers of existing weapons and existing magazines illegal. That's when they started introducing legislation that was designed to specifically prevent people from stockpiling ammunition.
    railfancwb likes this.

The first thing I have to say is that if nothing else, Trump's presidency has convinced me that The Deep State exists. I believe that there is an insider's club from both parties in Washington whose sole aim is to perpetuate their power.

The fact that Trump became President at all tells me that they can't rig a national election yet but I'm pretty sure that Hillary was the one who was supposed to lead the final push to end our Republic and secure their power forever..

I think Trump winning forced them into the open and they're doing everything they can including pulling out all the stops to disarm us to make sure that an aberration like the Trump presidency never happen again. I suspect that Michael Blumberg will become the next President (either this election or the next) and it will be all over.
    All over? More like just getting started.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links