flying is so much fun -NOT

This is a discussion on flying is so much fun -NOT within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; https://www.foxnews.com/travel/ameri...ttendant-fired I'm not taking sides over this situation but the airlines could avoid things like this by not stuffing everyone into a plane like they ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: flying is so much fun -NOT

VIP Member

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/ameri...ttendant-fired

I'm not taking sides over this situation but the airlines could avoid things like this by not stuffing everyone into a plane like they are doing today. Anyone who flies coach knows how much of problem it is. And yet the news says that record numbers of people are flying despite all of the hassles. That really surprises me. I avoid flying whenever I can.
    OldChap and G26Raven like this.
    Microwave technicians are fully deviated.

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Flying is about as much fun as taking a bus. I can't wait until they decide to just remove most of the seats and have everyone stand like on the subway.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    G26Raven likes this.

She's a liar, her own video shows him rocking her seat, not punching it. She could have lifted it up a click or two.

Sent from the phone
    Last edited by OD*; February 15th, 2020 at 05:28 PM.

VIP Member
    The guy was clearly in the wrong. You fly, you accept that the seat in front of you reclines.

Don't like it? Shut up and drive.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Two solutions: Reduce the angle the seat will recline, or reduce the number of seat rows so the seats will have room to recline.

It's not rocket science, not even aerospace engineering. Which do you think the airlines would choose?
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Two solutions: Reduce the angle the seat will recline, or reduce the number of seat rows so the seats will have room to recline.

It's not rocket science, not even aerospace engineering. Which do you think the airlines would choose?
    Them adding seats to get more fares per trip is precisely what caused this. Thus I drive don’t like planes anyway.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    So she thinks bumping a seat is "assault"?

Like I have said before, until TSA stops the sexual assault (I have a defibrillator and cannot go through their hallowed metal detectors so I must endure the “pat down”) and the airlines install seats designed for adults rather than 10 year olds I will never fly commercial again.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

The current social climate of boorish behavior and entitlement leads to this type of disregard for other passengers. Everyone should understand ahead of time what their flight is likely to entail and make their plans accordingly.

It seems Flight Attendants (like Cops) are trying to walk a line between PC customer relations and maintaining their position of authority. Adults tend to want to be treated as such—even when they act like children!
    msgt/ret and forester58 like this.
    “Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.”
    -- Edward Bernays

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    The general public are a bunch of slobs and inconsiderate SOB’s
    I remember a time when you got dressed up for a plane trip.
    Jacket and tie, dresses.
    Now it is sweats,yoga pants and flip flops

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    The general public are a bunch of slobs and inconsiderate SOB’s
    I remember a time when you got dressed up for a plane trip.
    Jacket and tie, dresses.
    Now it is sweats,yoga pants and flip flops
    Exactly. People used to treat air travel like the generation before treated cruise travel. Now its all thugs with attitudes.
    My Father worked for an airlines his whole career and when I flew it was under his name on an employee discounted ticket. One time in high school I flew back from Hawaii in a pair of jeans, clean non ripped not worn jeans and my Father heard about it and I got a "talking to" about representing him out in public. I always had at least slacks and a button up shirt from then on.
    Now most "people" are just filthy animals with no tact.

As soon as the seatbelt light goes off, get your tray table down and drop in your Knee Defender.

I have spent some time in the aviation safety industry. What no one wants to talk about is flying would be safer and there would be fewer problems if:
    • The seats were facing the back of the plane. In a crash, it is much safer than depending just on lap-belts and the "crash position."
    • The seats did not recline at all. Some seats don't recline now and it doesn't ruin the whole flying experience.
    • Airlines and airports stopped selling and serving alcohol. A lot of problems on the airlines are alcohol related and not just with passengers.

BTW, I am a two million mile frequent flyer, but now that I'm retired, I refuse to fly for any reason. TSA and the airlines treat people like cattle.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have spent some time in the aviation safety industry. What no one wants to talk about is flying would be safer and there would be fewer problems if:
    • The seats were facing the back of the plane. In a crash, it is much safer than depending just on lap-belts and the "crash position."
    • The seats did not recline at all. Some seats don't recline now and it doesn't ruin the whole flying experience.
    • Airlines and airports stopped selling and serving alcohol. A lot of problems on the airlines are alcohol related and not just with passengers.

BTW, I am a two million mile frequent flyer, but now that I'm retired, I refuse to fly for any reason. TSA and the airlines treat people like cattle.
    Maybe they should just put everyone in stasis and stack them like a container ship.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links