Daytona 500 - Page 3

Daytona 500

This is a discussion on Daytona 500 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Havok I’d rather watch people with less talent who stand for the anthem than more talented people who don’t. Anyday of the ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Daytona 500

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post

I’d rather watch people with less talent who stand for the anthem than more talented people who don’t.

Anyday of the week that ends in y.
    Havok likes this.

Daytona 500-7df8b5e6-6a99-4da0-a669-bdb5b92cb829.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I am just curious since I do not know the answer. How many people in the NFL took a knee in the last year?

ETA: I just looked it up: 2019 only three players took a knee. That is 0.17% of all NFL players. Just a factoid
    Here is a picture of one team kneeling. There are more than three players kneeling in this picture alone. Should I get pictures of every other team that did it? Whether 3 or 1500 people kneeled last year doesnít matter to me. The only thing that matters is that many, maybe all of the players in this picture are still in the league. Goodell, and the others at the top of the NFL who allowed this, are still a part of the NFL. The fact that they stopppes doing it does not mean they saw the light and are changed people. It only means they realizes their protest was not supported by the population. Until the NFL cleans house of all the kneleers, dog fighters, murderers, wife beaters, and policy makers who wonít allow a team to honor local fallen police officers, im not tuning in to watch these people. Thatís just my opinion.
    We get the government we deserve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7DF8B5E6-6A99-4DA0-A669-BDB5B92CB829.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	314300
    Here is a picture of one team kneeling. There are more than three players kneeling in this picture alone. Should I get pictures of every other team that did it? Whether 3 or 1500 people kneeled last year doesnít matter to me. The only thing that matters is that many, maybe all of the players in this picture are still in the league. Goodell, and the others at the top of the NFL who allowed this, are still a part of the NFL. The fact that they stopppes doing it does not mean they saw the light and are changed people. It only means they realizes their protest was not supported by the population. Until the NFL cleans house of all the kneleers, dog fighters, murderers, wife beaters, and policy makers who wonít allow a team to honor local fallen police officers, im not tuning in to watch these people. Thatís just my opinion.
    My point was that it is not even common right now. Not even close. The image you posted happened in 2017.

I respect your opinion, but for me, I do not care what others do. I put the people that kneel for a protest in the same category of people that hanged the US flag upside down when Obama was President as a sign of distress. Both were using a National Symbol to make a political statement.

ETA: I very rarely get into politics on forums or FB. So I will bough out of this one

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I got Cole Trickle
    I think a shot of penicillin will still fix that...
    airslot, OldVet and msgt/ret like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

My point was that it is not even common right now. Not even close. The image you posted happened in 2017.

I respect your opinion, but for me, I do not care what others do. I put the people that kneel for a protest in the same category of people that hanged the US flag upside down when Obama was President as a sign of distress. Both were using a National Symbol to make a political statement.
    Maybe the picture is from 2017, but itís still the same people. I donít want to watch them play, I donít want to watch kaepernick play. Ray rice punching his girlfriend isnít ok just because it didnít happen this season. Michael Vick hanging dogs isnít ok just because it wasnít this season, etc. if you want to watch the NFL then cool. You donít watch nascar because itís boring, I donít watch the NFL because I think the organization is a disgrace to our country. The great thing is we each have our own TVís and they donít have to be on the same channel.
    G-man* likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I got Cole Trickle

Dick Trickle was a pretty good driver back in the day with 70 "Elite" wins and 32 ASA wins. Sadly he took his own life in 2013.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daytona 500-20200217_131445_1581967304435.jpg  

I am just curious since I do not know the answer. How many people in the NFL took a knee in the last year?

ETA: I just looked it up: 2019 only three players took a knee. That is 0.17% of all NFL players. Just a factoid
    Didn't the NFL stop showing the playing of the Anthem on TV because it didn't have the guts to make the players stop kneeling? I'm not sure because I don't watch the NFL anymore.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Didn't the NFL stop showing the playing of the Anthem on TV because it didn't have the guts to make the players stop kneeling? I'm not sure because I don't watch the NFL anymore.
    I have no idea. I never watch the National Anthem anyway so I never even really cared about to tell ya the truth. I think they do still televise it though.

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    Who's gonna win the race today? I got Kevin Harvick.
    My brother-in-law was a member of his pit crew for several years.
    Osprey likes this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I enjoyed the flyover!
    msgt/ret, TSKnight and darbo like this.

2 sports where grown men act like big babies....Baseball and Auto racing.
    I like baseball but enough is enough with all the stupid unwritten rules in baseball.
    As far as auto racing goes...The greats are gone...And the pit fights are almost as bad as the NBA fights.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I think a shot of penicillin will still fix that...
    Rowdy was my fav anyway

Daytona 500-b35quxbieaabp1i.jpg
    G-man* likes this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7DF8B5E6-6A99-4DA0-A669-BDB5B92CB829.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	314300
    ^^^Well put!^^^
    Havok likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

Good question. I don't know either, because I don't watch it anymore either.

On the positive side, it freed up a lot of time I was wasting watching it.

Alright, they are about to restart the race. Sunny skies 🙂
    Cornhusker95, OldVet and msgt/ret like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links