Baseball is a mess - Page 2

Baseball is a mess

This is a discussion on Baseball is a mess within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Rabbit212 Baseball, only thing more boring is the "fights" they have. Just once I would like to see both benches sit it ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Baseball is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Baseball, only thing more boring is the "fights" they have.
    Just once I would like to see both benches sit it out when the batter rushes the pitcher.
    Baseball, if you truly understand what is going on, is a chess match with a lot more players. Pitcher versus batter, batter versus fielders, fielders versus base runners, base runners versus catcher, etc. But if one can't keep up with all that, yes--it can be boring.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I just want the old wholesome game i grew up in...When Bonds,Sosa,Clemens etc where representing the game
    with class
    I see what you did there!
    Rabbit212, Rockymonster and DJC7 like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Baseball, if you truly understand what is going on, is a chess match with a lot more players. Pitcher versus batter, batter versus fielders, fielders versus base runners, base runners versus catcher, etc. But if one can't keep up with all that, yes--it can be boring.
    Probably beyond my comprehension but I figured if the guy with the funny shaped wood thingy dont hit the round whatchamacallit the other feller flung at him all the other rooks and pawns and bishops and even the knights aren't going to do much no matter how much planning went into the game. All I want is one good semi clean fight is that too much to ask for?? Dont need three dimensional chess but a good fair fight would probably put an end to alot of these "wild" pitches.
    Havok likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    As a Washington Nationals fan, I recently heard reports that the Nats knew the Astros were stealing signs. And didn't care. They still beat the Astros in a terrific World Series!
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Probably beyond my comprehension but I figured if the guy with the funny shaped wood thingy dont hit the round whatchamacallit the other feller flung at him all the other rooks and pawns and bishops and even the knights aren't going to do much no matter how much planning went into the game. All I want is one good semi clean fight is that too much to ask for?? Dont need three dimensional chess but a good fair fight would probably put an end to alot of these "wild" pitches.
    I have to agree with you on the fight thing. They should let the benches form a circle around the pitcher and batter and chant, "Two men enter, one man leaves!" It would really cut down on the fighting.
    Rabbit212 and Havok like this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I forgot who charged the mound on Nolan Ryan.. Did Not work out so good ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post
    As a Washington Nationals fan, I recently heard reports that the Nats knew the Astros were stealing signs. And didn't care. They still beat the Astros in a terrific World Series!
    Thatís what I find funny. Some people are suggesting they still do it, but they played terrible at home, not just at bat, but in every aspect, against the nats. Then went to Washington and killed it at the plate, just in time to come home and suck again.

Quote Originally Posted by Well_Regulated View Post
    Fortunately for the Nats, they had only three home games--both teams lost every home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I just want the old wholesome game i grew up in...When Bonds,Sosa,Clemens etc where representing the game
    with class
    That would be Bobby Bonds?
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    I've never cared much for baseball.

Go Astros! (Only because I'm near Houston)
    i like their little outfits better than football. Donít care who wins as long as thereís free beer 👍🏻
    ETXhiker likes this.
    Please relax, take a deep breath....
    Trust the Lord God with all your heart, and He will direct your path.
    Jesus loves you, you will be okay.
    ❤️

OldVet is right about baseball. A lot going on even if it doesn't appear to be. Great team sport which is why the Little League World Series is the highlight of the baseball season for me.

I used to be a "Fouts to Jefferson" Charger fan back when. Not any more. Now basketball is a game I just don't see making any sense. Can't stand that game and when the four kids were done with school I have paid zero attention to it. Dribble,dribble, don't touch me boring!! They used to call the Portland Trailblazers the Jailblazers. lol

If I played a professional sport for that kind of money and if the coach told me to wear my left shoe on my right foot I'd get right on it and not say a word about it, one way or another.
    Last edited by Arejay; February 18th, 2020 at 01:04 AM.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I see what you did there!
    Err, umm ... yes, good one. Take a look @ old video of Bonds coming up in Pittsburgh; notice any difference?:

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    OldVet is right about baseball.
    OldVet is always right, even when he isn't as right as other times.

Quote Originally Posted by Encore2016 View Post
    Err, umm ... yes, good one. Take a look @ old video of Bonds coming up in Pittsburgh; notice any difference?:
    I guess you didnít get the humor. Yes, Iím well aware. That was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    the Little League World Series is the highlight of the baseball season for me.

That's the only baseball I like to watch.
    Arejay likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links