XFL Anybody?

XFL Anybody?

This is a discussion on XFL Anybody? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well...Whats the verdict?...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: XFL Anybody?

XFL Anybody?

Well...Whats the verdict?
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Boring. Like I said in a previous thread: I have seen better games and athleticism in Texas 6A football games.

VIP Member
    None for me, thanks. I can think of much better ways to waste a few hours.
    Osprey likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    I was getting a haircut today and saw that something called the XFL was in season. What's more, there's even a local team.

After five minutes, ESPN changed to another topic and my interest was lost.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

This morning, I saw this article about how bad the XFL QB's are.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m-for-the-xfl/

To be fair, it's obvious the person who wrote the article doesn't like the XFL. But their point is about how bad QB play is really hurting the league because it's supposed to be faster paced, and higher scoring than the NFL, and so far it isn't happening. The league's TD/INT ratio is considerably below the NFL's, so far.

The XFL may succeed, but it won't be overnight. It may take several seasons to reach what they're aiming for. The question is; can team owners take the financial losses before the league ends up folding? (As much as we like to call it sports, it's still a business first.)
    Rabbit212, OD* and Texas Red like this.
    "Sometimes it never quits raining, sometimes that phone just won't ring,
    sometimes I never miss nothin', and sometimes, I miss anything...
    "

Lyle Lovett / Cryin' Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    This morning, I saw this article about how bad the XFL QB's are.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m-for-the-xfl/

To be fair, it's obvious the person who wrote the article doesn't like the XFL. But their point is about how bad QB play is really hurting the league because it's supposed to be faster paced, and higher scoring than the NFL, and so far it isn't happening. The league's TD/INT ratio is considerably below the NFL's, so far.

The XFL may succeed, but it won't be overnight. It may take several seasons to reach what they're aiming for. The question is; can team owners take the financial losses before the league ends up folding? (As much as we like to call it sports, it's still a business first.)
    I happened to see a part of the LA game yesterday and one of the QB's scrambled out of the pocket and I guess attempted to slide..he tripped over feet or just fell. I am not sure. To make it worse, there was no one in front of him for a few yards. He could easily have made it for a first down and more and still have a slide. He ended up being short by TWO yards.

HS QB's are better than as far as awareness of the first down marker.
    Tstone likes this.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I will give them a little time. I am sure the quality of play the first season of the NFL was not sterling.
    If they hustle and try and do not take a knee and keep their nose clean those of us that like football may find a new home

No.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I like it. Houston has a really good quarterback imo. He's a really good scrambler and has a good arm. He reminds me of "The Mad Scrambler" Fran Tarkenton.
    Tstone likes this.

I like it. Not must see like it. Still sloppy. Iíll be interested to see if any players get picked up by the NFL. To me it is fun. For 3 good tickets, an NFL game cost me $1000. I imagine an XFL is a fraction of the price allowing more people to go to a game.

VIP Member
    Watched some out of curiosity. The bottom line for me is it's pro football. Try as I might, I just can't get as excited about pro ball as I can about college.

But if one is a football junkie, enjoy. Maybe I'll watch the championship.
    Poorly likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

I haven't caught any of the games. It's an inferior product and I have a hard enough time watching my Browns.
    Osprey likes this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

I consider anything that has the word "football" in its name as a complete waste of time. And I consider professional and college sports as complete wastes of time, and more recently, opportunities for high-profile organizations to show their contempt for this country. So, XFL, no.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I consider anything that has the word "football" in its name as a complete waste of time. And I consider professional and college sports as complete wastes of time, and more recently, opportunities for high-profile organizations to show their contempt for this country. So, XFL, no.
    That seems a little harsh and you are painting with a broad brush aren't you?
    Osprey likes this.

Ya think? lol

There are plenty of good organizations associated with professional sports, too. You need to separate the bad from the good, as with most things in life.
    Tstone, Osprey and OD* like this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links