Retirement, Old Gun Folks Commune? - Page 3

Retirement, Old Gun Folks Commune?

This is a discussion on Retirement, Old Gun Folks Commune? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by DZUS Idaho is experiencing an influx of political immigrants from other states. Generally, I would like to see these very nice folks ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Retirement, Old Gun Folks Commune?

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DZUS View Post
    Idaho is experiencing an influx of political immigrants from other states. Generally, I would like to see these very nice folks consider other "red" states, as we are a small state that would like to stay that way..

Well, Caveman Bob, you are okay, but that's the last one.

But wait, there's more!

Sis and CWO, you are of course in, as well.

(Yes, I'm kidding. This is America, anyone can live where they want. Hopefully appreciating our freedoms and ideally respecting our traditions.)
    We are taking a hard look that way for retirement as well, although I'm a few years further away from it. We're thinking more like 7B or 9B, rather than the south part of the state...

My daughter currently lives in Moscow, and loves it there.
    Sister likes this.
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I am semi-retired. My "young" wife still has about 10 years left to work.
    I love Texas, but not sure what we will do if we lose the fight down here and it turns against us.
    My wife hates the cold, I do not mind it. I have thought about Wyoming but she says no way.
    Perhaps we could all go in and buy an island. The DC Retirement Island.
    Sister likes this.

Sister.........We're in the "middle of it all" here in New Hampshire. In Between VT, Mass, and Maine, <<-----where it's getting to be Liberal Logic Heaven. They're flooding NH and atempting to bring the Wolves to our door, BUT we ARE fighting them off ...... Yep, it get's a little hot here (high 80s-90s at SOME times) but you've got the Ocean (45 miles from my area) and then the White Mnts about 1 1/2 hrs north. Not to mention Boston 45 miles south.... and Maine coastline.... ALSO, you can then vist me, Rock and Glock, Whoppo WEC, and several others that I have failed to mention(sorry guys) who live in OUR Neck of the Woods... Constitutional Carry here in the 3 States too..... Besides that... I CAN HELP to "Enable" you and Gramps at Kittery Trading Post where I work....Home | Kittery Trading Post
    Property taxes are a stickler, but NO State Income Tax, or Sales Tax here.
    Want Lobstah? Uhhh Yaauhhhh...
    Sister likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Tennessee checks all your boxes except it gets hotter than 80 in the summer.
    Instymp and Sister like this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I am semi-retired. My "young" wife still has about 10 years left to work.
    I love Texas, but not sure what we will do if we lose the fight down here and it turns against us.
    My wife hates the cold, I do not mind it. I have thought about Wyoming but she says no way.
    Perhaps we could all go in and buy an island. The DC Retirement Island.
    Better be a big island. Most people here like land and privacy.
    montejames, Henry9008 and Sister like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    CWO will be retiring in a few short years, and we get to pick a state! Bad on one hand not having cept a handful of relatives, but good in that we are not fixed to have to go where we donít want to.

We decided to wait till after the election to buy land/home?

A few other members here and us have sent messages and learned we are not alone! Many here are either retired or not far from it and have said they are searching for a good place to land in in the near future.

Red flag and other gun laws knocked quite a few states out, that and taxes.

Weather is important to me, donít want anywhere that itís hotter than 80 in the summer.

Any thoughts?
    Well, you could convert to Judaism and go join an Israeli kibbutz. Of course, it's a bit hotter than 80 during the summer there, but the women carry guns...

Name:  Mishmar_HaEmek.JPG
Views: 24
Size:  25.4 KB

Retirement, Old Gun Folks Commune?-woman-shooting.jpg
    CLASS3NH, LimaCharlie and Sister like this.
    You are your own first responder.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    I'm more ready to retire with each passing day, Colorado has turned rancid. Idaho is at the top of my list.
    I would be worried that Idaho is too close for an invasion of Californicus Locustus
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

I had this discussion with mt nephew who lives in Idaho. He says the liberals are flocking to Boise and soon will outnumber the rest of the state.
    MMinSC, dangerranger and Sister like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I would be worried that Idaho is too close for an invasion of Californicus Locustus
    They're no worse than the Newyorkus Locustus. Posting any "early bird special" sign will draw them away from the polls and toward the signs, like zombies drawn to noise.

Name:  OIP (3).jpg
Views: 21
Size:  12.1 KB
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I had this discussion with mt nephew who lives in Idaho. He says the liberals are flocking to Boise and soon will outnumber the rest of the state.
    And that's how it happens. A couple of cities for the Birkenstock crowd to gentrify, eat carrots and let their damn dogs wander free cause "we've moved to the country and everybody is care free and loves my dogs"....... Then comes the Amazon deliveries of meat free dog food. Starbucks pop up. Pave the dirt roads so the cars don't get dirty. And hearing the ubiquitous "why do they cook them like this here? it's not that way back in (fill in the blank)".

Folks start laughing at collard greens on the menu or consider them quaint. Something to eat on a really wild, culinary night out. Yep, biscuits come from a drive in window and milk from a carton.

Not enough seagulls to eat all the locusts......
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Nebraska....Oh wait...Maybe a fudge past 80 degrees in the summer but plenty of good folks to serve you up a tall
    glass of lemonade or iced tea
    Too many state senators on Bloomberg's payroll here now.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (1920Ė2006)

Well ladies and gentleman I got good news for you from Wisconsin.
    Lately we have two seasons here, 10 mo. of winter, and 2 mo. of road contraction.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Well, you could convert to Judaism and go join an Israeli kibbutz. Of course, it's a bit hotter than 80 during the summer there, but the women carry guns...

Name:  Mishmar_HaEmek.JPG
Views: 24
Size:  25.4 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WOMAN SHOOTING.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	314746
    Interesting. I didnít know of such and it was some interesting reading. Crazier than the commune hippies of the 60ís since the hippies, at least, had the excuse of being stoned. But carved out of extremely hardy stock to take on all that they did.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Western SD is great. Summers sometimes hit some low 90s, seldom 100 (lower temps up in the hills)

Winter can be mild to extreme - global warming, you know.

About the best gun laws to be found (despite the ratings you see in the various lists).
    svgheartland and Sister like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
    We are taking a hard look that way for retirement as well, although I'm a few years further away from it. We're thinking more like 7B or 9B, rather than the south part of the state...

My daughter currently lives in Moscow, and loves it there.
    You will be warmly welcomed and fit right in, my friend.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links