Step by step guide to treating a choking anti-gunner.

This is a discussion on Step by step guide to treating a choking anti-gunner. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Very simple 3 step process....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Step by step guide to treating a choking anti-gunner.

Very simple 3 step process.
    Step by step guide to treating a choking anti-gunner.-f7627547-67f1-4205-8f97-41b951587449.jpeg
    We get the government we deserve.

Havok, is there a name for that third position, or is it better if I do not ask?
    You are your own first responder.

And how to do mouth to mouth resuscitation on one:
    1. Tilt the head back.
    2. Pinch off the nostrils.
    3. Lean close to his face and softly whisper "Die, scumbag."
    4. Put your mouth over his to keep him from breathing.
    5. Pretend to be giving rescue breaths by breathing sharply through your nose.
    6. Continue until there is no movement or pulse.

Name:  CPR.png
Views: 36
Size:  7.2 KB
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Havok, is there a name for that third position, or is it better if I do not ask?
    In wrestling it is known as a suplex.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    And how to do mouth to mouth resuscitation on one:
    1. Tilt the head back.
    2. Pinch off the nostrils.
    3. Lean close to his face and softly whisper "Die, scumbag."
    4. Put your mouth over his to keep him from breathing.
    5. Pretend to be giving rescue breaths by breathing sharply through your nose.
    6. Continue until there is no movement or pulse.

Name:  CPR.png
Views: 36
Size:  7.2 KB
    That's dark
    airslot and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Very simple 3 step process.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F7627547-67F1-4205-8F97-41B951587449.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	314868
    But I thought we were more civilized than they are...

I don't like this sentiment, even if it's funny. We shouldn't joke about killing people who disagree with us. We're better than that. At least we're supposed to be...

Quote Originally Posted by gnius View Post

I don't like this sentiment, even if it's funny. We shouldn't joke about killing people who disagree with us. We're better than that. At least we're supposed to be...
    "We're supposed to be". The problem is, it's not simply about disagreement. I refuse to sanction those who are diametrically opposed my values, by giving them the benefits of my values.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Its a joke. Youre putting too much thought into it.
    We get the government we deserve.

This was a joke. But we will get serious about life and death if current trends continue. I am no longer concerned with being "better" than the other side. My reasons:
    1. They are morally bankrupt. We are better than them on our worst day.
    2. They want to take out God-given rights. There was a life and death response to that sort of thing in 1775 and if they keep up what they are doing, there might be again.

On one hand, this is simply humor and helps vent frustration.

On the other hand, jokes like these are indicators of the clash of cultures in western society. Both sides joke about ways to terminate members of the other side.

The Overton window appears to continue shifting. Talk of killing other Americans over political disagreements seems less taboo today than it once was. Again, both sides are involved in this shift of acceptable public discourse. Doesn't bode well for improving national unity.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post

On the other hand, jokes like these are indicators of the clash of cultures in western society. Both sides joke about ways to terminate members of the other side.

The Overton window appears to continue shifting. Talk of killing other Americans over political disagreements seems less taboo today than it once was. Again, both sides are involved in this shift of acceptable public discourse. Doesn't bode well for improving national unity.
    They weren't joking about it 160 year or so ago.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    jmf552, airslot and gatorbait51 like this.

This was a joke. I laughed. I didn't give it any deeper thought. I'll probably forget about it after 15 minutes or so!
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post

The Overton window seems to be an interesting theory. Another model I like is one I studied getting one of my masters, which was in Mass Communication. It is Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann's "Spiral of Silence." I think it gives some good insight on what is going on.

Noelle-Neumann had an interesting background. She started out as part of the Nazi propaganda machine, but turned against the Nazis in '40-41. Goebbels offered her a high ranking position in his organization, which she declined, reportedly infuriating him. Her ideas have been seen as a model for how the Reich captured hearts and minds.

The model goes like this:
    1. Individuals' have an inherent desire to blend with society. The fear of social isolation is necessary for the spiral to occur.
    2. Individuals who notice that their personal opinion is spreading will voice this opinion confidently in public. On the other hand, individuals who notice that their opinions are losing ground will be inclined to adopt a more reserved attitude when expressing their opinions in public.
    3. Representatives of the spreading opinion talk quite a lot while the representatives of the second opinion remain silent. An opinion that is being reinforced in this way appears stronger than it really is, while an opinion suppressed will seem to be weaker than it really is.
    4. The result is a spiral process which prompts other individuals to perceive the changes in opinion and follow suit until one opinion has become established as the prevailing attitude while the other opinion will be pushed back and rejected by most. The end of the spiral refers to the number of people who are not publicly expressing their opinions, due to the fear of isolation.

That seems compatible with the Overton model and it seems to describe what is going on in American right now.

Quote Originally Posted by armado View Post
    This was a joke. I laughed. I didn't give it any deeper thought. I'll probably forget about it after 15 minutes or so!
    Exactly. A joke. Not something we ought to melt like snowflakes over.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post

Exactly. A joke. Not something we ought to melt like snowflakes over.

I sure miss the good ol days when everyone didn't get offended by everything someone said or did.
    wmhawth, airslot, mmb617 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links