I hate winter!

I hate winter!

This is a discussion on I hate winter! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Look how rough that surf is! Makes me want to sit at a bar and drink. Oh . . . I already am sitting at ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: I hate winter!

I hate winter!

Look how rough that surf is! Makes me want to sit at a bar and drink.

I hate winter!-resized_20200226_160102_8540.jpeg
    I hate winter!-resized_20200226_160113_1089.jpeg

Oh . . . I already am sitting at a bar and drinking.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I lived in Tampa for a few years...winter was my favorite season = still 70-80 degrees every day but NO TOURISTS!
    "All the armies of Europe and Asia could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years...As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.” ― Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Look how rough that surf is! Makes me want to sit at a bar and drink.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20200226_160102_8540.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	315612
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20200226_160113_1089.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	315614

Oh . . . I already am sitting at a bar and drinking.
    Meh...Jelly fish...Sharks...Pythons...Tourists..Sink holes...Now the weather i can get on board with!

Winter in FL is great until all the snowbirds get there and drive slow in the passing lane It is fun to watch them piling up at restaurants for the early bird special
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I was running the snow blower clearing last night's snowfall out of my driveway this morning. Even though I was wearing a snowmobile suit and boots I froze my ass, my feet got cold, and I had to use the motor's exhaust to warm my hands several times. Of course the wind blew snow back into my face from time to time.

I hate winter and I envy you OldVet.
    5lima30ret and airslot like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

After a lifetime of that in the Carolinas you can have it cause I know what happens in a month or two. Yes winters in the coastal town are wonderful, the fishing great and traffic low. The rest of the year you deal with lost and or drunk ppl that are rude and don’t care how they act and know more than anyone else.

Brother you can have it, I’m looking for peace and tranquility in later years.

Deep snow is a wonderful thing, you can build a big beautiful wall with snow and folks will stay the devil off your lawn in 3’ + of snow!
    DJC7, scottync, Tstone and 4 others like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

I used to think the idea of moving south sounded like a good idea. Then, I spent a month in Florida for work a couple years ago and was cured. Give me a snowstorm any day over that humidity and hurricane season.
    Sister, Tstone and bill35738 like this.
    "If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all." Romans 12:18 (ESV)

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    I used to think the idea of moving south sounded like a good idea. Then, I spent a month in Florida for work a couple years ago and was cured. Give me a snowstorm any day over that humidity and hurricane season.
    The early bird specials are worth it!
    DJC7, 5lima30ret, airslot and 1 others like this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I was running the snow blower clearing last night's snowfall out of my driveway this morning. Even though I was wearing a snowmobile suit and boots I froze my ass, my feet got cold, and I had to use the motor's exhaust to warm my hands several times. Of course the wind blew snow back into my face from time to time.

I hate winter and I envy you OldVet.
    Ah ha! A fan!

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    From my understanding after meeting the NC mountain folks, that is how the yanks got the nickname “Half-Backers” up in the blue ridge area. Northerners will move to FL and can’t stand the heat and humidity so they go just half way back to NC, hence half-backers!

Quite honestly even being from the coastal Carolinas I cannot take the heat/humidity nor all the “visitors”, have had enough!

In Myrtle Beach the whole month of May is taken over by bikers, it use to be fun over a decade ago but it morphed into quite honestly a “lets have sex in the streets and get drunk” for overweight ppl you really don’t want to see naked. I’m so thankful not to have to deal with that nor the absent minded vacationers.

I left over 4 years ago and haven’t looked back, don’t miss it at all! When Mom passes that beach home is up for sale.

Good decision on your part DJC7!
    scottync, DJC7, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member

I'm fine with winter except the part about going and coming from work in the dark.
    Tstone, Sister, craze and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    I love @OldVet ’s surfside view.
    I love the smell of salt air.
    People always wonder what I am doing in North Texas.
    It’s the good paying jobs, good schools and affordable homes.
    But now that I am a empty nester, semi retired, I do consider moving near some salt water.
    Maybe the Texas coast.
    Only problem is my young wife still has about 10 years left before retirement.
    Maybe she can come visit me on the weekend and holidays
    OldVet, Sister, molleur and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I love @OldVet’s surfside view.
    I love the smell of salt air.
    People always wonder what I am doing in North Texas.
    It’s the good paying jobs, good schools and affordable homes.
    But now that I am a empty nester, semi retired, I do consider moving near some salt water.
    Maybe the Texas coast.
    Only problem is my young wife still has about 10 years left before retirement.
    Maybe she can come visit me on the weekend and holidays

You could move to Utah and have a winter wife and a summer wife!

UDC member

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    I'm fine with winter except the part about going and coming from work in the dark.
    You need one of those light up hats that gynecologist and miners wear
    molleur and scottync like this.

UDC member

Think about how much more time you have to get a head start on all your Christmas cards.
    molleur and Sister like this.
    CHINA LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links