Panic buying near ME What about YOU?

This is a discussion on Panic buying near ME What about YOU? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; THIS is a Market Basket store, Londonderry NH, about 4 miles from my Home. It's located off Rt 93 (a main artery gateway to northern ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: Panic buying near ME What about YOU?

THIS is a Market Basket store, Londonderry NH, about 4 miles from my Home. It's located off Rt 93 (a main artery gateway to northern NH, and VT)
    These people are Insane, and panic has set in....PLUS I'm sure it's those going North for their Ski weekend or Vacation second home...OR People from Massachusetts coming North to get as much as they can, as most of Massachusetts is shutting down.
    The Line you see, winds back to the Meat Dept in the REAR of the Store and goes past the meat dept 150ft long area... to the Deli area about 75 ft long (this is a HUGE store too)

Toilet Paper, and Paper Towels are bare..
    Line of Customers (probably about 100 long) is insane... (friend of mine sent me these pics)
    Bread aisle is empty too
    WTH is wrong with people?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Panic buying near ME What about YOU?-mb3.jpg  

Panic buying near ME What about YOU?-mb-1.jpg  

Panic buying near ME What about YOU?-mb2.jpg  

G-man*, Sister, msgt/ret and 5 others like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Localy same issues hand sanizter , cleaner goods , high proof achole and such is OOS ... Even everclear is runing out
    Sister and CLASS3NH like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Same here.

It’s inconvenient to say the least. But a country boy can survive:)
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

I put this in the other thread: My wife shopping this morning. We are already well stocked for at least a month for normal food. We have an emergency supply of 60 to 90 days. If needed, we have our own garden and can always go get me self a deer or rabbit if needed.

I do recommend stocking up on vitamins because if it were to get really crazy stupid, vitamins might help you out if you cannot get the appropriate nutrion.

Panic buying near ME What about YOU?-img_0169.jpg

Just in time, my new hat from Amazon arrived

being in Houston, this may shorten a line or two

Bwaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Panic buying near ME What about YOU?-358d3a9a-a2c8-4e3c-a9ad-4ea3a7bbc16f.jpeg
    G26Raven, CLASS3NH, OD* and 10 others like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Panic buying is happening here. We normally keep about a month's worth of food in our pantry, plus last year I laid in a three month supply of food that will provide long term storage. We also have plenty of bottled water, drinks and other supplies on hand. No worries. My wife does have to go to California to deal with her mom who broke her femur two weeks ago. Neither one of us is happy about that. There are some online articles that have referenced the possibility of a domestic travel ban. That upsets me greatly.
    Sister, CLASS3NH and baren like this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Panic buying is happening here. We normally keep about a month's worth of food in our pantry, plus last year I laid in a three month supply of food that will provide long term storage. We also have plenty of bottled water, drinks and other supplies on hand. No worries. My wife does have to go to California to deal with her mom who broke her femur two weeks ago. Neither one of us is happy about that. There are some online articles that have referenced the possibility of a domestic travel ban. That upsets me greatly.
    It’s my understanding the POTUS is to speak again in less than 30 min, at the top of the hour. We should know more then.

All the schools are closed here already, bunch of stuff has closed including the Rodeo. Wondering how much this will get the shipping industry and how much it will have to do with CWO’s work. Lots of unknowns!

I bought up enough food for a month bout a week ago so we’re pretty good as far as stocked up, we may put on our white dummy suites to grocery shop for the fun of it and write political meme’s on them 😉 - not many chances to get to wear those you know
    G26Raven, CLASS3NH and OD* like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

VIP Member
    Same story in Ohio. Bread, water and paper items have quickly become scarce.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    It’s my understanding the POTUS is to speak again in less than 30 min, at the top of the hour. We should know more then.

All the schools are closed here already, bunch of stuff has closed including the Rodeo. Wondering how much this will get the shipping industry and how much it will have to do with CWO’s work. Lots of unknowns!

I bought up enough food for a month bout a week ago so we’re pretty good as far as stocked up, we may put on our white dummy suites to grocery shop for the fun of it and write political meme’s on them 😉 - not many chances to get to wear those you know
    He won't speak until the stock market closes.

ETA: I guess I was wrong...for once LOL He is speaking now
    CLASS3NH likes this.

President is on NOW... National Emergency... Plenty of people on Board! .....
    baren likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Anybody know how stale bread can get?
    I mean after a couple weeks it will taste like crap. Its not really what is considered to be long term storage food. I bet potatoes, beans, rice, and flour is still in ready supply, seeing that I haven't seen peoples carts overflowing with these items. Its like c'mon people, toilet paper isn't crucial to survival.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    CLASS3NH and NECCdude like this.

But hey, there is still Mickey Ds??
    CLASS3NH, baren, G26Raven and 1 others like this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

Well, my area is known for being 20 years behind the real world.

I went to Wally World yesterday to pick up a few things and noticed some bare shelves... then it dawned on me it was the name brand paper towels and TP.
    And when I got to the checkout aisle I noticed people with bottled water, more than usual, but that was the extent of it. Lines were pretty much non-existent like usual at 9:00 AM.

My small town grocer didn't seem to be missing anything last night around 5:00, but he's been known to run out of bread out of the blue anyway. He did have the bread and veggies I was after for dinner.

I hit up the pharmacy today, figuring some vitamins and cold & flu products might be nice to have on hand. No problem. The only shelves that were bare were the items on sale or mark down, which is usual anyway. I was still able to choose from CVS brand or the real deal.

So what does this mean for me?
    It means I better lean a loaded gun by every window. Because obviously everyone around here is ill prepared
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Think THAT'S a problem?
    Just wait until damage the flushed paper towels & wipes do to the plumbing, sewers, and treatment plants!
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Same thing happening here. Yesterday I went to Costco and I have NEVER seen it like it was yesterday. Took 40 minutes to get to and through checkout. No toilet paper, no paper towels. Then went to a local grocery store and they had some of those things. This morning I went to BJ's Wholesale, which is close to me, and it was pretty crowded but the did have TP and PT.

Guess it's going to be like this for several weeks or more until people feel they are stocked up enough. Now I have to start stocking up on food, as in non-perishable stuff like can goods and packaged food.
    CLASS3NH and driverman1 like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links