How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) - Page 10

How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

This is a discussion on How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by m5215 Went to Walmart this morning when they opened at 7AM as I was not finding things that I need like TP ...

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    Went to Walmart this morning when they opened at 7AM as I was not finding things that I need like TP by going after work at 5PM all week long. A large crowd was there before the store opened. Several people were mad and arguing with each other. When they opened I looked around and there seemed to be less items available then there were when I was there a day ago at 5PM. All the items that were unavailable before were still out. People were really pissed off and you could hear several complaining around the store. Everyone either had a disappointed or mad look on their face. I picked up the only gallon bottle of water on the shelf and a few other things, checked out and left pretty disgusted over this entire grocery store situation.
    I call it the supermarket scavenger hunt, you start at one end of the town and as you are headed home you start checking the supermarkets along the way. You may find a few items at the first market then a few more at the next one and if you are lucky you find everything on your list by the time you get home.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

The other morning I awoke wide awake at 3:15 AM. Laid there two hours before giving up and making coffee. I should have gone to Walmart, which is open 24/7 here. Maybe it would have at least a box of Kleenex.

No . . . instead I watched TV, harassed this forum, and drank coffee with Baileys.

Note to self: Still need TP, paper towels, and now more Baileys.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Administrator
    "When you have come to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly." (Patrick Overton)
    Follow DefensiveCarry.com on Facebook!

Psalm 121:1-2
    ctr likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

We were scheduled to depart on a 16 day Panama Canal Cruise out of San Diego on March 11th. We called in a cancelled on 3/09. We got a $3987 cruise credit that must be scheduled by 12/31/2020. We also got back $1500 credited back to our credit card. So we did not lose any money so far.

We attended church last Sunday when they were saying not to go to gatherings of 50+. Our church is small so we were still good to go. Now with the federal recommended number down to just 10, even my little church is greater than that. I think we should attempt to abide by recommendations to help “FLATTEN THE CURVE”. The main reason to “FLATTEN THE CURVE” is to keep from over loading the healthcare system.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Administrator

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DownInTheDark View Post
    I started a new job at the end of February and health insurance does not kick in till April 1st. Otherwise life is pretty much normal here. I got plenty of TP and no social life.
    Since you have toilet paper....you could have an incredible social life. There are some strikingly beautiful girls around here that would be willing to do near bout anything for a roll of Charmin.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm not too worried about Covid19. I've already got Diabetes and Cancer, so whats a little virus gonna do. We are pretty well stocked up, and thank God that Gasoline is still plentyfull. I keep the Subaru full, and just go out for my Daily Radiation Therapy.
    Hope everyone here gets through this situation allright. I'm going out to my work shop and do a little re loading.

Just checked my email and found out that "GEICO is here for you amid coronavirus concerns". I feel much better now.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    Just checked my email and found out that "GEICO is here for you amid coronavirus concerns". I feel much better now.
    Discount Tire sent me a similar message. I asked them if they could help me find any TP.
    WC145, montejames, OldVet and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    I got that, too.
    If they want to be there for me they can mail back the check I just sent them!

You know I've been to the edge,
    And there I stood and looked down.
    You know I lost a lot of friends there, baby,
    I got no time to mess around.

-Van Halen
    WC145, demanic and hogdaddy like this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Since you have toilet paper....you could have an incredible social life. There are some strikingly beautiful girls around here that would be willing to do near bout anything for a roll of Charmin.
    I dont think so

How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)-20200321_124912.jpg
    WC145 and airslot like this.

I'm not doing so well.

Drove to my favorite diner for my usual omelet. Closed. My day can only go downhill from here.

Went to the liquor store and had to fight my way to the Jim Beam section. Those old ladies didn't know who they were messing with.

Drove through the Duncan Donuts drive-through to get the wife an ice tea and a donut. She wanted a cream donut. No have... How about a chocolate donut? No have... JUST GIVE ME A DANGED DONUT! ANY DONUT! ONE car ahead of us. We wait . . . and wait . . . and wait . . . For one ice tea and one donut. Apparently the guy ahead of us ordered something special from China and had it shipped via a slow boat. Drove around him and left. No tea, no donut.

Stopped at Publix for a few things. Couldn't find a few things. Not even Vienna sausages. No coffee creamer. Good thing I picked up another bottle of Irish cream at the liquor store. That only cost an old lady a stomped toe.

OV is about fed up with all this panic. It's been over a week since the great scavenger hunt of 2020 began, and there's not so much as a dinner napkin left to buy. Hardly anyone shopping, but they all managed to get in my way. Came home with potato chips, peanut butter cookies (2-4-1) and liquor.

I don't know about the world situation getting worse (worse than what?) but OV is definitely gonna get worse if it keeps up. I've long said the world needs a good enema, and from the lack of TP, it looks like it's getting one.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm not doing so well.

Drove to my favorite diner for my usual omelet. Closed. My day can only go downhill from here.

Went to the liquor store and had to fight my way to the Jim Beam section. Those old ladies didn't know who they were messing with.

Drove through the Duncan Donuts drive-through to get the wife an ice tea and a donut. She wanted a cream donut. No have... How about a chocolate donut? No have... JUST GIVE ME A DANGED DONUT! ANY DONUT! ONE car ahead of us. We wait . . . and wait . . . and wait . . . For one ice tea and one donut. Apparently the guy ahead of us ordered something special from China and had it shipped via a slow boat. Drove around him and left. No tea, no donut.

Stopped at Publix for a few things. Couldn't find a few things. Not even Vienna sausages. No coffee creamer. Good thing I picked up another bottle of Irish cream at the liquor store. That only cost an old lady a stomped toe.

OV is about fed up with all this panic. It's been over a week since the great scavenger hunt of 2020 began, and there's not so much as a dinner napkin left to buy. Hardly anyone shopping, but they all managed to get in my way. Came home with potato chips, peanut butter cookies (2-4-1) and liquor.

I don't know about the world situation getting worse (worse than what?) but OV is definitely gonna get worse if it keeps up. I've long said the world needs a good enema, and from the lack of TP, it looks like it's getting one.
    Just have to wait out the panic shoppers. Couple weeks from now they’ll all be dead or dying. Plenty to go around then.
    WC145 and airslot like this.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

I'm off from the hospital til Tuesday but there is always stuff to do around the farm. Fed and watered all the animals. Unloaded the feed we got yesterday. Cleaned the quail cages. Put a third doe rabbit in with one of the bucks to make me more rabbits. Cleaned out the barn, Cleaned the trash out of the garage. Hauled refuse to the transfer stations. Fixed the dog run. Gathered eggs. Daughter and S-I-L brought grandkid #2 over to see the animals. Gave S-I-L ammo for the Taurus G2 he just got and intends to carry and took it out back to make sure it works. Let him shoot my .45ACP Kriss Vector carbine and CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 to give him incentive to work hard and make money so he can buy stuff like that some day. I'll go back out in a hour to feed and water everyone again and close things up.
    Tomorrow is coop cleaning day, always a good time at the end of the winter.

I don't think I have time for the coronapocolypse right now, too busy taking are of all the stuff that doesn't take care of itself!
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    Mother Nature decided to cancel my plans by sending a lovely rainstorm.

We need the rain so I can't actually complain. Can I at least whine a little?
    Follow DefensiveCarry.com on Facebook!

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links