How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) - Page 21

How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

This is a discussion on How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I asked for a tactical hazmat suit. The look on my Department Managers face, my boss's boss, was priceless. I was told we didn't have ...

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

Distinguished Member Array SFury's Avatar
    I asked for a tactical hazmat suit. The look on my Department Managers face, my boss's boss, was priceless. I was told we didn't have the money for them.

No, I don't think I need one, I just want one. We were asked if we needed anything in our weekly meeting, and that was what I could think of.

VIP Member
    Eight people in my county have been identified as testing positive so far.

Two are my close biological relatives.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

My best to them. How severe are their symptoms? I hope they recover quickly.
    msgt/ret, Rock and Glock and OD* like this.
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.- Mark Twain

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    My best to them. How severe are their symptoms? I hope they recover quickly.
    They are both self-quarantining at home. Cough, lung-inflammation and very low-energy. I'll be dropping some stuff off on their porch this weekend.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

My best to them. Hope they recover soon.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    My best to them. Hope they recover soon.
    Thanks. As with most places, it is going to get much worse around here before it gets any better.
    Rock and Glock, OD* and airslot like this.

Out of my county's 16 cases we have one case they are calling "community exposure". In other words he was not exposed to a another person with the virus and did not travel and get it.
    So my guess is we are going to start seeing an uptick.

I wish they would give the details of the person's lifestyle. Was he a factory worker? Did he practice social distancing? Did he eat a lot of take-out, get a lot of packages, go to the grocery store often?
    It would be nice to receive some details so we know what might be working and what might not be.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Senior Moderator
    My best to them, and all of us. Godspeed.
    ctr, Mike1956, OD* and 3 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    Perhaps what concerns me in the wee hours of the night is this thought...

Should Trump fall to the virus Nancy becomes VP. Worse, should a Trump and Pence both go down or be declared unable to serve Nancy becomes President. This is the stuff of nightmares.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

Senior Moderator
    Answer: what happened on the Ides of March?
    OD* and airslot like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Out of my county's 16 cases we have one case they are calling "community exposure". In other words he was not exposed to a another person with the virus and did not travel and get it.
    ...that he knows of. Since a lot of people are carriers but have no symptoms, he probably was exposed to one of them.
    OldVet, OD*, airslot and 1 others like this.
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.- Mark Twain

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

...that he knows of. Since a lot of people are carriers but have no symptoms, he probably was exposed to one of them.

Correct. I should have stuck the words known or diagnosed in there somewhere to drive my point better. I was hoping to infer that the other 15 people had been exposed to people diagnosed with the virus.
    OD*, airslot, Jeanlouise and 1 others like this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

The above statement was always something on my mind.

I was just put on a work stoppage for 30 days yesterday.

For my wife and I it's a double edged sword.

If I'm working and getting paid, I'm exposed to people and the people they have been in contact with. I could potentially bring the virus home and expose my wife to it. She is an at risk person with some health issues.

If I'm off work, sheltering at home. Much less chance of exposure to the virus. Better for us health wise.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I have it the opposite of most people.
    For one, being a truck driver that hauls food my work is deemed "essential". The flip side is that our main customers supply restaurants, so we are starting to slow down. We are branching out to keep the wheels turning. But I heard yesterday that there may be some furloughs coming. More on this in a bit.
    My Wife is LEO so she is occupationally safe, but there is the health hazard. We are both very aware of this as we have both worked in a hospital before.
    Because of how I pay bills, we are many months ahead of any due dates. Paid off Wifes truck last week.
    We also are fine on food and household goods for the foreseeable future.
    Back to my work. When I transferred to the new facility I became 4th in seniority of 95 drivers, so my job is secure. But other newer and younger drivers are beginning to struggle as we start getting creative to keep them rolling ("if the wheels ain't turnin', I ain't earnin'").
    So I told them "if it helps, I'm willing to stay home for a while". I believe there are programs to assist employers pay furloughed employees? Plus I have a LOT of vacation time banked.
    Some time off now would be good so I could catch up on projects before it gets hot (rural AZ). I can do things at night in the summer, but work lights attract bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. No, more bugs than that.
    I might get some "pre-retirement" experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    OD*, msgt/ret, gasmitty and 1 others like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    I have it the opposite of most people.
    For one, being a truck driver that hauls food my work is deemed "essential". The flip side is that our main customers supply restaurants, so we are starting to slow down. We are branching out to keep the wheels turning. But I heard yesterday that there may be some furloughs coming. More on this in a bit.
    My Wife is LEO so she is occupationally safe, but there is the health hazard. We are both very aware of this as we have both worked in a hospital before.
    Because of how I pay bills, we are many months ahead of any due dates. Paid off Wifes truck last week.
    We also are fine on food and household goods for the foreseeable future.
    Back to my work. When I transferred to the new facility I became 4th in seniority of 95 drivers, so my job is secure. But other newer and younger drivers are beginning to struggle as we start getting creative to keep them rolling ("if the wheels ain't turnin', I ain't earnin'").
    So I told them "if it helps, I'm willing to stay home for a while". I believe there are programs to assist employers pay furloughed employees? Plus I have a LOT of vacation time banked.
    Some time off now would be good so I could catch up on projects before it gets hot (rural AZ). I can do things at night in the summer, but work lights attract bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. No, more bugs than that.
    I might get some "pre-retirement" experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    God look out after you both, thanks for what you do.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links