How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) - Page 22

How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

This is a discussion on How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, the cat's out of the bag. The community exposure case is in my immediate area. She taught at the university in town and shopped ...

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

Well, the cat's out of the bag.
    The community exposure case is in my immediate area. She taught at the university in town and shopped at the same stores. She must have contacted the local paper herself, as they were quoting her and had a picture.
    Here's a link. Sometimes they will block you and sometimes they won't.
    https://www.goerie.com/news/20200402...been-this-sick

Here's an excerpt showing she was taking precautions.

Even before Reed Hurst began feeling sick she was taking precautions to avoid contracting the virus. She wore rubber gloves during a shopping trip and intentionally avoided using a shopping cart and taking her purse into the store.

“I didn’t have any symptoms at that point,” she said. “I felt fine. Anna felt fine. When we got back to the car, we took our gloves off and hand-sanitized immediately. We were both very cautious.”

Naturally, Reed Hurst wonders how and from where or whom she contracted COVID-19. She hasn’t taken any trips out of the state and the last time she was in a classroom was March 13, a week before the onset of symptoms.

“It is a little bit scary,” she said. “It’s in the community. That’s the only thing I can think of. It could have been at (a store). Maybe it was in the air. Maybe somebody coughed. I don’t know.”
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Today's project was ripping up the indoor/outdoor carpeting on the patio. After 26 years it had collected enough dirt to fill a moon crater. Keep that in mind if you're considering using indoor/outdoor carpeting--it's tough to keep clean. With a little assistance from The Boss in rolling and tying up the strips, it didn't take too long. Tomorrow I may power wash the patio to wash away what dirt the broom missed, but I'm pooped for the day.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

We got a message that we were due for our second SHINGRIX vaccine shot. The guy came in yesterday in a full hazmat (MOPP) suit to give us the shots.
    OD*, Rock and Glock and ctr like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I have found that walking at 11:30-12:00 at night is a great time to be out. Very quiet and peaceful. Surprisingly, not one dog has barked. A few folks have their motion detectors set to detect way too far out in the street though.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I saw on the news early this morning that I'm in one of the states that they're predicting cases to spike. It was nuts at Walmart when they announced the national emergency, but since they announced this about our state I can only imagine how many more people are going to be at the store now. Are there any websites you'd recommend buying food off of that ship to your house?
    Last edited by BeastOfBurden; April 4th, 2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfBurden View Post
    I saw on the news early this morning that I'm in one of the states that they're predicting cases to spike. It was nuts at Walmart when they announced the national emergency, but since they announced this about out state I can only imagine how many more people are going to be at the store now. Are there any websites you'd recommend buying food off of that ship to your house?
    We use shipt here. Not sure if that’s available where you are.
    BeastOfBurden likes this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfBurden View Post
    I saw on the news early this morning that I'm in one of the states that they're predicting cases to spike. It was nuts at Walmart when they announced the national emergency, but since they announced this about out state I can only imagine how many more people are going to be at the store now. Are there any websites you'd recommend buying food off of that ship to your house?

Not sure what galaxy you are from, but the Walmart in my locale has a curbside pickup so you don't need to go in.
    And Amazon advertises groceries delivered in some cities.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Senior Moderator
    Schwans in some areas.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.- Mark Twain

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Decided to forego my neighborhood hike today and opted for a bike ride. Judging by the trash piles at the curb, there is a lot of spring cleaning going on during this lull in life. Some nice stuff being kicked out to the curb. I could hear the charity places groaning as I rode past much of it.
    OD* likes this.

How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)-adjustments.jpg
    How our newest generation is growing up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OD*, Tstone and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinoble1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	320826

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some kids on my walking route did that also. I wanted to get some chalk and leave them a nice message but the wife gave our chalk away.
    OD*, Poorly and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinoble1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	320826
    Gay and eating pizza?
    Jeanlouise and WC145 like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Administrator
    Give me updates folks. Is everyone still getting by?

Is anyone reaching the point of total frustration yet?

What things are HELPING you get through this?

- Cricket
    Follow DefensiveCarry.com on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Give me updates folks. Is everyone still getting by?

Is anyone reaching the point of total frustration yet?

What things are HELPING you get through this?

- Cricket
    Give me updates folks. Is everyone still getting by? Yep

Is anyone reaching the point of total frustration yet? Im pretty content with my life right now. My only frustration is that there are millions of Americans who should be able to say the same, but can not.

What things are HELPING you get through this? Whiskey and Tequila.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links