How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) - Page 4

How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

This is a discussion on How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Water temp in the bays are still about 69 F when it hits about 73 F I will start dunking the crab traps. Until then ...

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree817Likes

Thread: How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

Water temp in the bays are still about 69 F when it hits about 73 F I will start dunking the crab traps. Until then crawfish are only $2.79 a lb already cooked Speckled Trout should start coming out of the bayous
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Misty Lu and I are conducting our lives as normally as possible since the MSM caused all the senseless hysteria and panic buying due to this Coronavirus disease... We are aggravated that our favorite restaurants are closed though.

This gentleman provides his rational perspective on the subject. And I agree with him:

demanic likes this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    Misty Lu and I are conducting our lives as normally as possible since the MSM caused all the senseless hysteria and panic buying due to this Coronavirus disease... We are aggravated that our favorite restaurants are closed though.

This gentleman provides his rational perspective on the subject. And I agree with him:

11 thousand now infected in America with 164 deaths. And its just getting started
    Rock and Glock likes this.

No big deal in our home. My wife and I are retired. We already keep about six to eight weeks of food, water, and supplies on hand in case of the overdue 9.0 earthquake they are predicting for the Oregon Coast or other natural disaster. We only average going out to a restaurant once per month. I probably have enough guns and ammo to last the rest of my life. I am usually awake around 5:00 to 6:00 so the early shopping is good. I arm up to go get toilet paper. From my cold dead hands.
    Henry9008 and Rock and Glock like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Yep. The wife isn't too fond of scooting across the carpeting.
    That one right there is memorable. Somebody ought to use it as a signature quote.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

VIP Member
    I'm limiting my time when out and about. Even though I avoid restaurant dining rooms, it has been said that the packaging of take out or drivethru food can be contaminated for hours, if not days, I'm somewhat concerned. You can't spray the box with disinfectant. But I'm not going to live my life in fear but I'm going to try not to do anything reckless. I'm a home body anyway.
    Microwave technicians are fully deviated.

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I think this blows over mostly in the next month, maybe two , with plenty of short term economic damage. What a wakeup call. I tried keeping my 85yr old Dad home from the office but no such luck. He says he's healthy and good immunity :)

The gaslighting of this by media turning it into economic zombieland is totally insane, really anti-American treasonous. I'll for sure be ratcheting my future several notches to more conservative planning, prepping/financial etc... This has exposed how fragile our society really can be, and how close we really are to near catastrophic societal meltdowns. Part of me hopes we bounce back quickly to where we were before (so i can unload some illiquid luxury assets!) and the other part of me hopes people learn a big lesson in real life and self responsibility going forward. Meltdown or transformational? really lies in the timeline at this point, and we don't have a big window time buffer at this state of economic quake before major societal trouble and longer lasting economic hardship.

On top of this, my good friend that seemed perfectly healthy, was just diagnosed out of the blue, stage 4 lung cancer, spread all over, at age 40. Definitely been a crap week.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Great that food stores are doing that but, most of the store employees and cash register, baggers, etc are in their twenties.

So I would still be cautious if anybody is high risk.

Walmart- free delivery on orders over $35.000 & everything is delivered right to your door.

I don't know how things are with Walmart now because we placed a few massive orders a couple of weeks ago.
    They can't deliver what they don't have. The essentials at the local stores are still depleted and you can't get most of the essentials from Amazon either. The local stores don't seem to be enforcing their purchase limits either.

This just in: https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/a...surging-demand
    Microwave technicians are fully deviated.

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    As a baby boomer living in hurricane country I am 90% on wants and 99% on needs for a month. Could skimp by longer. Grocery stores still have supplies for needs, especially for those who can actually cook. Microwavable stuff is scarce here. The fear is real to those who feel it - mostly the younger generations who have lived a cushy life not having experienced any need to be self sufficient. If there is a silver lining in the cloud, maybe this is a wake up call for those who thought preppers are fruitcakes, and start laying back at least some things. Call it "prepper light" perhaps.

Appropriate to be concerned, but no reason to panic. This too shall pass.
    Good observations and descriptions. And "prepper light"?, you succinctly describe many of us hereabouts.

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

I work in the food processing industry. If we get sick, we’ve been told not to come in; still, food’s got to go out. I’ll be working 50-60hr weeks for the duration...
    Velocity is temporary, mass is forever...

At 69 years old I have lost track of all the end of the world everyone’s going to die diseases that have come and gone, I don’t live in a major metropolitan area or use public transportation or frequent extremely crowded areas so I am pretty safe in that aspect. Haven’t seen much panic buying but doing some shopping the other day I was joking with the cashier that it was like a scavenger hunt in that I went to a few different stores in order to get what I needed. I do miss many of my favorite restaurants due to them being closed but I do cook so I am getting by in that aspect. Overall I have not changed my life by much and am just sitting back with a tall cool one and waiting for the current panic to blow over.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    That one right there is memorable. Somebody ought to use it as a signature quote.
    The dog doesn't like her using his space either.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

They just announced that the public schools here are closed until May 4. Poor parents, but maybe some good news for the retired Grands.
    “Beware of people who brag about who they are. A lion will never have to tell you he is a lion.”

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    I'm a little stressed.
    My income is zero now.
    Hang in there. Savings?
    PAcanis likes this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

All's well here; we're both 65 and retired. Income stream is a small PBGC pension and lots of dividends. All the kids should do okay, too.

Things haven't been THAT bad for THAT long. A lot of negative feelings come from contemplating the future. There's no end in sight, even though we all know this will end - and there's a high probability of a GOOD end. Once we see evidence of that (and I'll note now the progress of chloroquine and the vaccine testing) things will look - and we'll all feel - a lot better, even though we might not all be through the worst of it.

Hang in there. Positive mental attitude! :)
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links