How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) - Page 9

How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

This is a discussion on How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Our employer is fortunately keeping all staff for the next few months. Everyone who can is working remotely which is nice mostly. Well stocked but ...

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: How Are YOU Doing? (COVID-19 Impact)

VIP Member
    Our employer is fortunately keeping all staff for the next few months. Everyone who can is working remotely which is nice mostly.

Well stocked but will run out of eggs next week. Gonna make a grocery run then. Should be right before the major upswing in reported cases occurs.

Mrs. Ctr goes on call/on site at the hospital next week. Not thrilled but we’ll see how that goes.

Otherwise all is well.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

I should go back to work so I can laid off and get free money! The wife told me again to stock up on liquor, so I could use the money.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Of all the dang things, I can't buy eggs. Someone here called it. I didn't believe that could happen, but it did. I'll be working from home starting next week. At least I'm in no danger of losing hours, and wages like many are.

Now I just have to worry about the increased energy usage of all the extra computer equipment I have at home making it look like I am cooking meth. I'd prefer not to be visited by the local LEOs. Ok, so I am kidding on this last part, I don't use enough power to come close to a meth cooking operation.
    Ask around about small farms and other folks that keep chickens that sell eggs from home. We have fresh eggs out on our farm stand every day.
    Rock and Glock and QKShooter like this.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

My Mom who is 79 with emphysema and Huntington's Disease is on lockdown in her assisted living. She is being bored, annoying to us but safe. I'm still working for now. Fixing cars and all the exposure being safe as possible. Sanitize as much as possible. My step kid in Idaho likely positive, she is miserable. My disabled nephew sick, maybe. Changes, wife is carrying again. House given Spokane at night, I now have a loaded rifle on hand along with our standard home package for defense. No I don't expect chaos but do know that desperate thugs do stupid things. The virus is the real threat so I'm focused on keeping my wife and I healthy. On a final note, stop buying toilet paper and hoarding people!
    Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more. George S. Patton

I do have concerns about protecting the farm if the situation continues the way it has been, hungry people do desperate things. This weekend I'll be adding solar motion detector lighting around the barn and animals. We're breeding all the rabbits and have put some male quail back in with some hens so we can start getting fertilized eggs again, also ordered a bunch of quail eggs to put in the incubator and get ahead of the curve. If people need to start growing some meat I want to have quail chicks on hand, they only take 7-8 weeks to grow to harvest size and start laying eggs. We're also going to move the sows in with the boar this weekend. Still to early to plant anything here but we'll be starting seeds soon so we can get plants in the group as early as possible. I have a feeling we'll have trouble keeping the farm stand stocked this season.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I would be curious to know how embracing technology allows martial arts and ballet teachers to perform their services. I guess I'm dating myself, but I got my black belt in Judo via correspondence courses.
    They are doing their best to work with the kids to be able to view and coach using Zoom (I saw this coming and bought some Zoom stock -- that's been great for us). It is what it is. Even if they weren't trying to make it work I would still maintain support because without them after this is over my kids would no longer have the familiar places to go to.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    It could be great:

Daily Wire

The two medications Paterson referred to are Chloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, and HIV-suppressing combination lopinavir/ritonavir. Paterson told the outlet that it seemed reasonable to call the drugs “a treatment or a cure … It’s a potentially effective treatment. Patients would end up with no viable coronavirus in their system at all after the end of therapy.”
    That is interesting since malaria is not a disease but a parasite carried by mosquitoes.

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/malaria/index.html
    Rock and Glock and QKShooter like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

It would not surprise me if the Cascadia Subduction Zone lit off right now. Four months I've been dealing with this in one way or another and it ain't getting better. I think something want's the country brought to it's knees.
    Rock and Glock, QKShooter and ctr like this.

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    I started a new job at the end of February and health insurance does not kick in till April 1st. Otherwise life is pretty much normal here. I got plenty of TP and no social life.

I did some long-avoided landscaping tasks--tree trimming, weed pulling, mine planting...
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I did some long-avoided landscaping tasks--tree trimming, weed pulling, mine planting...
    Nothing says “good neighbor” like an array of claymores...

In the meantime, I am endeavoring to be more like the Marine in my Avatar.
    Carefree, devil-may-care, wiseacre... Plus, if I start running around in a palm leaf, cartridge belt, and steel pot carrying an M1 Carbine, social distancing will be easy!!!
    “We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school.”
    – Thucydides

Went to Walmart this morning when they opened at 7AM as I was not finding things that I need like TP by going after work at 5PM all week long. A large crowd was there before the store opened. Several people were mad and arguing with each other. When they opened I looked around and there seemed to be less items available then there were when I was there a day ago at 5PM. All the items that were unavailable before were still out. People were really pissed off and you could hear several complaining around the store. Everyone either had a disappointed or mad look on their face. I picked up the only gallon bottle of water on the shelf and a few other things, checked out and left pretty disgusted over this entire grocery store situation.
    QKShooter likes this.

I don't know if it was here or another forum, but someone said that Walmart gets their deliveries automatically delivered to them based on their sales. That individual stores cannot order items they might unexpectedly run out of.
    So hopefully Walmart makes some adjustments during this hoarding time.

Hah. This of reminds me of a movie I watched yesterday called The Platform.
    It's about a prison built like a column with many floors and a hole running down through the center of it. At the top is the kitchen and they fix all this gourmet food and set it on the platform that passes through each floor, pausing briefly to let the two prisoners on that floor eat. The lower the platform goes, the less there is to eat. All because the prisoners on the top floors are eating more than they need. Otherwise there would be enough food for the lower levels.

Same difference.
    QKShooter and WC145 like this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Administrator
    "When you have come to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly." (Patrick Overton)
    msgt/ret, QKShooter and ctr like this.
    Follow DefensiveCarry.com on Facebook!

Or go splat!
    demanic likes this.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links