Pharmacist said there will be a med shortage. - Page 2

Pharmacist said there will be a med shortage.

This is a discussion on Pharmacist said there will be a med shortage. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife just got an additional 3 month refill and now has just over 100 days supply of her thyroid medication. That's the only thing ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Pharmacist said there will be a med shortage.

My wife just got an additional 3 month refill and now has just over 100 days supply of her thyroid medication. That's the only thing we regulary take besides OTC stuff (well stocked).
    Last edited by WebleyHunter; March 21st, 2020 at 11:18 AM.
    G26Raven and Sister like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

VIP Member
    One would think that a 90 day supply would be more than enough to get through this "crisis". But that's just me.
    Sister likes this.
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    I can understand non-prescription medications being depleted due to panic buying, but how can medications that require a prescription be depleted?
    Shortage of drugs and ingredients from China. Depleted at the source.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Most Americans have absolutely no idea what a high percentage of ALL drug ingredients (Prescription and over the counter as well) come from china and nowhere else anymore. Well, OK - some come from India.

Greed did this. Corporate greed: Outsource everything, pay almost nothing for the ingredients and labor and make a fortune.
    forester58, ctr, Mjolnir and 7 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    One would think that a 90 day supply would be more than enough to get through this "crisis". But that's just me.
    18 months has been floated about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Most Americans have absolutely no idea what a high percentage of ALL drug ingredients (Prescription and over the counter as well) come from china and nowhere else anymore. Well, OK - some come from India.

Greed did this. Corporate greed: Outsource everything, pay almost nothing for the ingredients and labor and make a fortune.
    You get it.

The pinheaded Globalists did this and. The American public was distracted, didn’t care or thought it was a great idea.

Crow is a horrible bird to nibble on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Moderator
    Some drugs used by Vets are the same.
    LimaCharlie and Sister like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    We get all our meds in 90 day prescriptions through Tri-Care Express mail shipping since there are no military pharmacies close by. We just got our 90 day supplies this past week, and we can order the next 90 supply at any time. But they won't process the order until the insurance will pay for it. I've gone ahead and ordered the next shipment in the hope it is first order in, first order out. If they are out of stock of any meds, then I'll just have to see if I can find them locally. This has happened on blood pressure meds once before even before this Chinese flu hit and China threatened to cut off supplies to the US.
    Sister likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Administrator
    You members who have had your posts deleted up there. Do remember the forum rules as to what you are allowed to post.
    Even though it was a joke...it's still a no-no.
    Sister and Rock and Glock like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    Remember that some of your prescriptions that have a "discard date" are still good after that date. There may be some degradation of full potency though.

Some medications can be harmful if they have degraded too far so check that on line.

Much depends on if prescriptions have been stored in a cool, dry, place and kept in the dark.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You members who have had your posts deleted up there. Do remember the forum rules as to what you are allowed to post.
    Even though it was a joke...it's still a no-no.
    Thanks For cleaning up whatever it was. Been too busy to spend a bunch of time on the forum so I missed it, good.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I have cut my meds in half until this blows over.
    I now take them every other day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Sister likes this.

We’re taking supplements to help stay well and working out in the house on the treadmill & rower.

Was crazy, while filling my on-line basket at Vitacost with vitamin C and Colloidal Silver and other healthy stuff the C was sold out from under me!!! I found some more and placed the order as quick as possible, seems like many others are doing the same.

Something I read about a long time ago was to use Grapefruit Seed Extract as a virus killer. We both have added that and D3 to the list, our pharmacist was very helpful too. She told CWO for us to take the Colloidal Silver since it was for the lungs. We do know about it turning folks skin literally blue so will follow the directions lol. (Smurfs)

Doing good, eating good 👍🏻 😃
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links