I think a lot of folks are starting to realize they have no hobbies!

This is a discussion on I think a lot of folks are starting to realize they have no hobbies! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think a lot of folks are starting to realize they have no hobbies since they have been locked up and/or cannot go anywhere since ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: I think a lot of folks are starting to realize they have no hobbies!

I think a lot of folks are starting to realize they have no hobbies since they have been locked up and/or cannot go anywhere since everything is shutdown. I see lots of posts on FB where people are getting cabin fever. Many realize that their only recreation was going out to movies, to eat, to clubs, or to shop. They do not have any real hobbies to bide their time.

I have my guns, my bow, and exercising to keep me busy outside. I also love electronics and programming. I am working on a long term project now that involves a lot of hands-on with the electronics themselves as well as the programming and research. I do not need instant gratification (if I did I would buy a kit and assemble it). I prefer the learning part and hands on.

Too many people, young and old actually do not have any hobbies or interests. If the power went out they would just end up staring at four walls.

Thoughts?

Practicing my 1980's gaming skills at home today.

Osprey, Redbert31, halem1 and 8 others like this.

Husband to wife:
    Since we are cooped up in the house we have plenty of time today to .... well... you know.

Wife:
    Ya but what will we do with the other 23 hours and 57 minutes?
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    Practicing my 1980's gaming skills at home today.

Me too: Frogger on a 65 inch TV!

I think a lot of folks are starting to realize they have no hobbies!-frogger1.jpg

We are retired. The only change here is the gym we belong to has shut down for now, but the weather is getting nice so we can walk around the neighborhood. My hobbies are perusing several gun forums and the Corvette forum, guns and ammo, and going to the LGS or gun club in my Corvette. The SUV is available if all of the guns won't fit in the Corvette.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Personally, I could do this stay home stuff indefinitely.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

I've been retired for six years. Plenty to do. My only activity that has been cut back is my volunteer work for the sheriff's office, since almost all our team members are older than I am. Lot's of things to do around the house, including "spring cleaning."

I watched one of my best friends who had been an instructor of mine pretty much fall apart since he did not know what to do with himself after he retired. He ended up going back to work in a related field, but he never knew how to relax. It was a good lesson for me.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

I have plenty of hobbies. Too many really and a good mix of inside, outside in my yard and off premises. I am feeling anxious and cooped up though. Normally I would be excited to not have to go anywhere but for some reason not having a choice is making it hard to enjoy things I normally would.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

CORONAPOCOLYPSE QUARANTINE - DAY 3:
    Finished the internet. Spoke to everyone I know. Nothing on TV. Wish I owned a book....
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    I live in the boonies, and continue to do the things I regularly do.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Before corona virus: I walked dogs, exercised at home, got take-out for dinner sometimes, shoot occasionally, cut my own hair; basically the same stuff as now.
    For someone that wasn't very social outside immediate family, the biggest inconvenience (so far) is conservation of toilet paper.
    Exempting financial strain or illness, beer virus is harder on social folks than those that are not that social anyway.
    ETXhiker likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Reloading 45Auto and 38spl at this very moment....I’m on my 5 minute break:)
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Stuck in a hotel, but getting in a lot of prison workouts and dry fire practice.
    G26Raven, OD*, airslot and 1 others like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Gonna be some fine looking yards around here.
    Osprey, G26Raven, WC145 and 4 others like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

My hobby is drinking. Not so much a hobby, more like a fulltime job. Someone's got to do it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links