Coping with self quarantine! - Page 3

Coping with self quarantine!

This is a discussion on Coping with self quarantine! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 Our state parks are still open You are fortunate. I was very surprised they closed our parks. Talk about a place ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Coping with self quarantine!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Our state parks are still open
    You are fortunate. I was very surprised they closed our parks. Talk about a place you can practice social distancing very easily. There's a lot of space between the sites, so it did not make sense to me. Maybe they are trying to protect their employees, I don't know. Maybe they are trying to keep people off the road and from traveling.
    Cornhusker95 and G26Raven like this.

I know you can see the night sky better! Much less light pollution without all of the car headlights on the roads early morning and less pollution! Much quieter if you live near an airport.
    G26Raven likes this.

Fishing is now illegal - at least in our closed state parks.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ in My Tho at the Seminary. 1967-1969

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Nebraska says no to non-resident Spring turkey licenses.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

Quote Originally Posted by Fallsrider View Post
    You are fortunate. I was very surprised they closed our parks. Talk about a place you can practice social distancing very easily. There's a lot of space between the sites, so it did not make sense to me. Maybe they are trying to protect their employees, I don't know. Maybe they are trying to keep people off the road and from traveling.
    All the cabin rentals at state parks are closed in Nebraska and visitor centers as well as park offices.
    Camping is still a go...But they have shut down most restrooms so they can clean the open ones frequently through
    the day....Showers are shut down as well....Looks like my outdoor shower will get some use.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    Nebraska says no to non-resident Spring turkey licenses.
    Those selfish...................

Quote Originally Posted by Fallsrider View Post
    I agree completely. We had our first live stream service this past Sunday. it was pretty good, but nothing at all like being there. I am going to miss church greatly over the next few weeks.

Sad to say we have pretty much stopped all together due to facebook; we don’t wish to be on facebook, don’t use it and not interested.

Tried small land large churches, they all do it. Not sure how to ask nicely to stop the picture taking when it comes to us, people don’t get it and some have even gotten nasty about it. We have “church” at home and give to organizations that go alone with our core beliefs. We miss going and the socializing, don’t miss dodging the camera phones.
    Last edited by Sister; April 1st, 2020 at 04:52 PM. Reason: spell check
    G26Raven and ShooterGranny like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links