Trump to announce new guidlines on face masks today

This is a discussion on Trump to announce new guidlines on face masks today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He will now recommend wearing one out in public , but to use scarves or bandannas leaving the masks for health care people. I guess ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Trump to announce new guidlines on face masks today

VIP Member

He will now recommend wearing one out in public , but to use scarves or bandannas leaving the masks for health care people.
    I guess the gangbangers were ahead of the curve on this one.

“It doesn’t have to be a mask. It can be a scarf,” Trump said. “What I do see people doing here is using scarves. And I think in a certain way, depending on the fabric, I think in a certain way, a scarf is better, it’s actually better.”

OD*
    Senior Moderator

The C.D.C. is expected to advise all Americans to wear cloth masks in public.

Tstone, OldChap and RETSUPT99 like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

I need to get a MAGA bandanna.
    "The sun won't shine 'til the clouds are gone, the clouds won't go 'til their work is done,
    every morning you'll hear me pray, if only it would rain today...
    "

Sting / Heavy Cloud No Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    Make Ammunition Great Again!
    Tstone, OD*, OldChap and 3 others like this.
    CHINA LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    Great idea! Someone is going to produce that and make a fortune.
    Just google them, they are already out. Here is one
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Cch-g&usqp=CAc
    Tstone, OD* and OldChap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Great idea! Someone is going to produce that and make a fortune.
    Just google them, they are already out. Here is one
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Cch-g&usqp=CAc

Nice. I like that one even better.
    OD* and OldChap like this.
    "The sun won't shine 'til the clouds are gone, the clouds won't go 'til their work is done,
    every morning you'll hear me pray, if only it would rain today...
    "

Sting / Heavy Cloud No Rain

Wonderful. Covering one's face is illegal in some twisted places. Lock them up!
    simple_man17 and ctr like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Gosh, my bank doesn't like masks, sunglasses, hoodies, or hats. Big signs on the doors!

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    He will now recommend wearing one out in public , but to use scarves or bandannas leaving the masks for health care people.
    I guess the gangbangers were ahead of the curve on this one.
    I have a bandana just like that! The rest of the outfit, not so much.
    KILTED COWBOY and OldChap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    Gosh, my bank doesn't like masks, sunglasses, hoodies, or hats. Big signs on the doors!
    Most of the lobbies are closed around here and only drive thru and ATM are open. If you do need something that cannot be taken care of like that you can make an appointment.
    OD*, ShooterGranny and NECCdude like this.

I went to restock on alcohol the other day. Never seen a liquor store so packed on a Wednesday morning. It was comical seeing the people wearing gloves, masks, masks and gloves etc. the people who are doing this don’t have the slightest idea what they think they are being protected from by wearing this. They just feel safe. On top of not actually being protected from anything, if they were that worried, they probably shouldn’t be at the liquor store.
    MMinSC, Pete63 and bill35738 like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I went to restock on alcohol the other day. Never seen a liquor store so packed on a Wednesday morning. It was comical seeing the people wearing gloves, masks, masks and gloves etc. the people who are doing this don’t have the slightest idea what they think they are being protected from by wearing this. They just feel safe. On top of not actually being protected from anything, if they were that worried, they probably shouldn’t be at the liquor store.
    Drizly .com

Havok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Some new stuff out on the masks lately. Before, they were believed to be good because they kept you from infecting others. They were also good because it helps keep the wearer from touching their face. The new stuff I have been reading lately is about viral load. The masks will not keep you from breathing in the virus but they will reduce the viral load that is inhaled. Studies are now showing that those dying(assuming no preexisting conditions) were those that received higher viral load doses. The masks can help you to ingest a minimal amount compared to a lot.

The thing about using a bandana my help to keep it from spreading but it likely will not help the wearer to not ingest the virus. Th problem being cotton is so absorbent and will get wet and stay wet when you breathe and the virus will just stick to it, right where your mouth is.

Popular Science magazine has a DIY for masks using non woven polypropolyne. The stuff that many of the reusable shopping bags are made from.

But yeah, most of these people you see are doing everything wrong and thinking they are protecting themselves. Especially with the gloves. Gloves are not magic. I doubt they are changing them like they should be. My favorite was the lady in line at the grocery store. She used her HAND to cover her mouth the whole time. The idiot even checked out with one hand so she could continue keeping the other hand over her mouth and nose. You can't hold water in your hands but someone a virus cannot slip through your fingers? Plus touching your face is the number one way to contract this. She really threw Darwin a slow pitch! Probably a good thing to let Darwin do some housekeeping here.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Mrs OldChap would remind us that such face coverings only prevent the intake / outflow of large droplets, not smaller particles - which can also infect. You must go to an N95 (or higher rated) close-fitting mask to be completely protected / isolated. Those N95 masks should be reserved for healthcare workers.

Now if we had only been wise like some preppers and bought full up NBC kits! Of course wearing one for any length of time is a trying experience for the soul.
    Instymp likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links