Dallas Texas just extended shelter in place order

This is a discussion on Dallas Texas just extended shelter in place order within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The county judge just extended the shelter in place and closing of non essential business until May 20. To then be reviewed if needs longer. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Dallas Texas just extended shelter in place order

VIP Member

The county judge just extended the shelter in place and closing of non essential business until May 20. To then be reviewed if needs longer.
    By then I doubt that very many business will be left afloat. Most people will have lost their jobs by then.
    They are nuts. This should be done on a week by week basis.
    But hey why not! The Fed's are giving away free money.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Wow! We are stuck until May 4th...for right now

Here, the shelter in place remains "until further notice", so it's a wild card at this point. But the local college has closed its campus until September.

I reckon I might could go stir crazy.
    airslot likes this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

VIP Member
    Well, they could rescind the order before that date, but what fun would that be?
    airslot likes this.
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.- Mark Twain

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

The VA Gov order is through 10 June. May would be a nice reprieve. I don't know how many small businesses here will survive that long.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I canít wait for people to decide on their own that they will be opening. This is getting ridiculous.
    bill35738, OldVet and airslot like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

I've been told to prepare to work 5-6 months at home. I doubt I will survive She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Name:  36_ipspankajnain.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  40.1 KB
    Tstone, airslot and bill35738 like this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

County judge has that power or authority?

Things are more sensible here - city has ordered restaurants and bars and such closed, but otherwise businesses can be open. Some stores have closed on their own, due to low traffic, but it's not a ghost town yet.

Indoor shooting range still open - reduced hours and limited number of customers at a time, but it's open! Doesn't help me, I'm still busy teaching online most of the day.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    The county judge just extended the shelter in place and closing of non essential business until May 20. To then be reviewed if needs longer.
    By then I doubt that very many business will be left afloat. Most people will have lost their jobs by then.
    They are nuts. This should be done on a week by week basis.
    But hey why not! The Fed's are giving away free money.
    It's all politically motivated on the part of the politicians and emotionally/fear based on the part of Americans. They aren't going to do what is right or what is best. They're going to do what makes them look good and will further their careers. Who cares if it ruins the country just as long as they keep their jobs, and power... They aren't the ones who are out of work.
    airslot likes this.

My daughter has been working from home for a couple of weeks, The company has had a work-at-home policy all along, but the big boss thought little of that idea. Now it seems business is up above all previous levels and the boss has had a sudden change of mind about working from home.

I think there will be a lot of changes in how businesses are operated after this, for those that survive. At some point many small businesses will have to give government the middle finger and reopen. Hopefully it will be enough to convince the authorities to back off.
    airslot likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    County judge has that power or authority?

Things are more sensible here - city has ordered restaurants and bars and such closed, but otherwise businesses can be open. Some stores have closed on their own, due to low traffic, but it's not a ghost town yet.

Indoor shooting range still open - reduced hours and limited number of customers at a time, but it's open! Doesn't help me, I'm still busy teaching online most of the day.
    Guess so. This guy Clay Jenkins a Dallas County judge is on TV every time we has a issue.
    He was the big honcho in front of the camera during the Ebola scare a few years back.
    Another dem.
    I keep waiting for him To run for governor some day.
    God help us then
    Running Dallas into the ground, we donít need him running the state
    airslot likes this.

Guess so. This guy Clay Jenkins a Dallas County judge is on TV every time we has a issue.
    He was the big honcho in front of the camera during the Ebola scare a few years back.
    Another dem.
    I keep waiting for him To run for governor some day.
    God help us then
    Running Dallas into the ground, we donít need him running the state
    You Texans should be able to figure out how to run him out of town on a rail.
    airslot likes this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You Texans should be able to figure out how to run him out of town on a rail.
    I know how, itís just not legal for some reason
    Havok and airslot like this.

I know how, itís just not legal for some reason
    I'm sure you can find a shovel and a .45, would anybody miss him?
    KILTED COWBOY and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Despite the lock down in Dallas, out on the freeways it almost looks like business as usual. It's surprising how many people are out and about. I'm guessing many of them will end up infected in the long run.

Judge Jenkins may be aggressive with his decision but he's only trying to prevent loss of life. Gotta hand it to him for taking the initiative that so many other officials won't or haven't taken yet and need to asap.

I suspect it's going to take the entire planet to synchronize the shut downs and let it ride out for a couple of months or we'll never see an end to this mess and the costs of it over the years that it will take to beat it will be beyond catastrophic. Both in lives and economics.

Why sane people won't stay home is a mystery to me. It's like all those kids on the beaches during spring break...they all seem to think they're indestructible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links