Tiger King - Page 2

Tiger King

This is a discussion on Tiger King within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Think I saw a pic of him, is that a girly guy that has a mullet haircut and fried yellow pale hair?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Tiger King

Think I saw a pic of him, is that a girly guy that has a mullet haircut and fried yellow pale hair?
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Tannerite is technically an explosive. Perfectly legal most places.
    Sure, just never seen it asked like that before.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    I have seen some of the buzz about this show and had the thought, "I couldn't possibly be less interested"...

This thread has proven to me that the thought was incorrect...
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

So the Tiger King actually ran for President one year! Just some more trivia!
    I knew about it because we have a local Big Cat Sanctuary, This got so much attn. That their Donations dried up over night! Our local people take in retired cats from performing industry's. Circuses, Movie industry, and a few pets that got too big and scary! I think it costs like $10,000 a month to care for and feed them. Our local people are doing anything they can to Distance them selves from those in this Documentary! DR

Yeah, no thanks. I grew up around enough white trash to last a lifetime without watching it on tv. Unfortunately these kinds of people are common; the Jerry Springer Show is a good example of how many are out there. This description is all I need to decide to pass on watching: https://time.com/5807284/tiger-king-netflix-true-story/

Advice for the younger crowd, for the few bright enough to be here on DC: A good strategy for life is to recognize people like this from afar, keep distance, and not get sucked into their petty drama. Choose your circle of friends wisely. If it's your family there's no shame in escaping it and starting fresh on your own.

When in public around trash like this remember they don't think like you and me, they're manipulative, always looking out for themselves and willing to take from others, and are dangerous. Don't allow yourself to get bogged down with these people, you may regret it.

Of course anyone sharp enough to be here on DC probably knows this already.
    Tstone, Rock and Glock and OD* like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Yeah, no thanks. I grew up around enough white trash to last a lifetime without watching it on tv. Unfortunately these kinds of people are common; the Jerry Springer Show is a good example of how many are out there. This description is all I need to decide to pass on watching: https://time.com/5807284/tiger-king-netflix-true-story/

Advice for the younger crowd, for the few bright enough to be here on DC: A good strategy for life is to recognize people like this from afar, keep distance, and not get sucked into their petty drama. Choose your circle of friends wisely. If it's your family there's no shame in escaping it and starting fresh on your own.

When in public around trash like this remember they don't think like you and me, they're manipulative, always looking out for themselves and willing to take from others, and are dangerous. Don't allow yourself to get bogged down with these people, you may regret it.

Of course anyone sharp enough to be here on DC probably knows this already.
    I think the morbid fascination of the documentary is how "successful" these outrageous, despicable people were able to be, at least for a while. A lot of what they "achieved" was a house of cards and their self destructive tendencies would eventually be their undoing, but the fact that it happened at all is scary. Even more scary is that only one of them got serious prison time for what they did. The rest of the bad actors are still out there now, still doing what they were doing.

I think the younger crowd watching it would take away the very lesson you suggest. Spot these kinds of people quickly and stay well away from them. The documentary is definitely a morality play. None of these folks come off looking anything but evil, which is why the main players have all complained publicly about the production. I think each of them thought the documentary would make them look good and their rivals look bad, but the camera was unflinching at showing them up for what they are.
    Last edited by jmf552; April 5th, 2020 at 10:19 AM.
    graydude and Tundra5.7 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

My wife and I watched it last week. Sadly, I deal with folks that would consider ol' Joe Exotic a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    My wife and I watched it last week. Sadly, I deal with folks that would consider ol' Joe Exotic a hero.
    I'm surprised and confused that the female American rapper, songwriter, television personality and actress Cardi B has started a GoFundMe page and a Twitter campaign to help get Joe Exotic out of prison. Those two people could not be more different. But some people have gotten so obsessed with that show that they have made him a icon, which is a bizarre commentary on our society.

While I agree that he is not the only one of the major players who should be in prison, he has no excuses. He deserves his 22 year sentence.
    Tundra5.7 likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Its all that I have seen on social media, and I didnt want to watch it because Im a bit of a contrarian. I finally broke down and am glad I did. Crazy story. Very well executed and some crazy characters.

Whats even crazier is Im from the Tampa area and while I had heard of the Big Cat Rescue, I didnt know where it was. Its right in the middle of town! Ive been to Citrus Park Mall and the plaza across the street a million times, and the Big Cat Rescue property backs up against a huge strip mall.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I'm surprised and confused that the female American rapper, songwriter, television personality and actress Cardi B has started a GoFundMe page and a Twitter campaign to help get Joe Exotic out of prison. Those two people could not be more different. But some people have gotten so obsessed with that show that they have made him a icon, which is a bizarre commentary on our society.

While I agree that he is not the only one of the major players who should be in prison, he has no excuses. He deserves his 22 year sentence.
    That is surprising about Cardi B.....not that I follow her.....but looks like they would be polar opposites! I did hear Joe Exotic would prefer Brad Pitt portray him in any movies that may come about!

Unfortunately people from NY/LA/San Fran think TK and Jerry Springer are representative of mainstream America.
    OD* likes this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

We watched all of them yesterday. Didn’t think my wife would get into it, but she did. We could stop. It’s amazing how D’s up people are. All of them are scum bags. But, a good watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I watched the whole series, and it was really hard watching all the screwing around with guns. For those of you that haven't watched it and aren't going to watch it - he "jokingly" points a loaded revolver at the camera man, with finger on trigger and threatens to shoot him. He "jokingly" tells his friends/family to run down the driveway, and starts shooting a shotgun into the air and ground, while they run away laughing like it's funny. I live in an area where people shoot guns into the air, it is dangerous and causes property damage and it is not fun or funny. He publicly aired death threats to kill some woman numerous times, including videos of shooting a blow-up doll in the head inside a building, and blowing up a dummy representing her with tannerite. One of his husbands was frequently pointing loaded guns at people "jokingly", until he "accidently" shot himself in the head when he thought he was going to prove his Ruger couldn't be fired without a magazine inserted. I believe not everyone is fit to own carry and handle firearms, and he is where he belongs in prison for the next 20 years (for a bunch of stuff he was convicted on).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links