Walmart Trip Today

Walmart Trip Today

This is a discussion on Walmart Trip Today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When I got up this morning I discovered that my Mr. Coffee had finally died of old age. So, I boiled some water & slow-poured ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Walmart Trip Today

Walmart Trip Today

When I got up this morning I discovered that my Mr. Coffee had finally died of old age. So, I boiled some water & slow-poured it over the grounds in the machine to get me through the morning. Reluctantly, I decided to go to Walmart to get a new coffee maker. When I got there I was dumbfounded at not only the number of people, but that the majority were not following any semblance of social distancing. Luckily I was CCing OWB so I just tucked in my shirt to shift to OC (I was carrying my Kimber Super Custom Carry HD in a DM Bullard Bodyguard & a spare mag). It was like Moses parting the Red Sea. Everybody kept a 6+ foot distance from me. I was able to walk in, get a coffee maker, check-out & exit the store in less than 5 minutes.

I'm not sure if it was that I was OCing, or my motorcycle face mask with a skull face, or maybe both. But it worked for me.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    Whatever works!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Am doing all the shopping possible on-line. Yeah some folks do touch the stuff before you get it, however it seems to me it would be better to NOT get near anyone that has it directly. Doc said over a month ago to stay in so that is what I’m doing
    Redbert31 and G26Raven like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

I'm amazed at the things you can get online and delivered! Home Depot delivers for less that it would cost me to drive over there! And I don't have to put up with the other people! I started a remodel before the lockdown, The wife shops for fixtures, and appliances online, and they get delivered right to my driveway! DR

Online shopping is becoming a must for me now. It's not so much about the virus which obviously people should take common sense precautions with, but the amount of people panic shopping and the horrible limited hours and store policies that are now in place. Who is everyone doing their online shopping with?
    Rock and Glock and Redbert31 like this.

We do a lot of online shopping through Amazon, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Chewy, Duluth Trading, and Ebay. We're about 45 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart and Home Depot and often the household items we order can be delivered before we can arrange the half day shopping trip to actually go to the stores. We've been doing it this way for a couple of years and it has cut way down on shopping excursions.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Senior Moderator
    I prefer to shop small and local. They accommodate no contact shopping and either deliver, or deliver to a vehicle parked in front after calling in a credit card. Yes, we also do Chewy and Amazon and others, but I do try to support local when I can.

Local will be more important to our future I suspect too.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Central Indiana (where the ice sheets stopped)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    When I got up this morning I discovered that my Mr. Coffee had finally died of old age. So, I boiled some water & slow-poured it over the grounds in the machine to get me through the morning. Reluctantly, I decided to go to Walmart to get a new coffee maker. When I got there I was dumbfounded at not only the number of people, but that the majority were not following any semblance of social distancing. Luckily I was CCing OWB so I just tucked in my shirt to shift to OC (I was carrying my Kimber Super Custom Carry HD in a DM Bullard Bodyguard & a spare mag). It was like Moses parting the Red Sea. Everybody kept a 6+ foot distance from me. I was able to walk in, get a coffee maker, check-out & exit the store in less than 5 minutes.

I'm not sure if it was that I was OCing, or my motorcycle face mask with a skull face, or maybe both. But it worked for me.
    You could have gotten the same effect with a MAGA hat in many parts of the country.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    I had to go to the grocery store yesterday to get some produce...so I put on my best dust mask and then a bandana over that. That is the best I could do without having to use my dual filter spray paint mask. No one even looked my way.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    LOL!! Probably the face mask. Few people, at least around here, notice or care about pistol OC.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Senior Moderator
    I do like that hat! Seriously nice!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

There was an ad on Facebook for some masks a while back. 5 for $20. Looked the other day and now $18 each!!. Wish I had gotten some back then. Would love to have the one with the image of a smiling toothy grin and cigar in the mouth. Oh well, like getting my S&W Sport II, I missed my chance.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If you think things are bad for you, Remember there is a Mr. Pelosi!
    Duct Tape may not fix stupid but it sure can muffle the sound! :D
    It isn’t the first person who fires who wins gun fights, but is usually the first person to land effective hits.

They might've thought the "Grim Reaper" was getting impatient with CVD19!

Quote Originally Posted by MB53 View Post
    I had to go to the grocery store yesterday to get some produce...so I put on my best dust mask and then a bandana over that. That is the best I could do without having to use my dual filter spray paint mask. No one even looked my way.
    Might want to take a pass on that bank trip though.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I do like that hat! Seriously nice!
    Thanks! That's a Rand 100% Beaver. It's a tough hat.
    It's the 1911 of hats. :)
    OldVet and Rock and Glock like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links