Please do not conflate freedom/reopen movement with antivax

This is a discussion on Please do not conflate freedom/reopen movement with antivax within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just watched a short segment about protesters in Michigan. While I am absolutely for protest, and I do think that we may be reaching ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Please do not conflate freedom/reopen movement with antivax

I just watched a short segment about protesters in Michigan. While I am absolutely for protest, and I do think that we may be reaching a point where protesting while armed may be understood as a declaration of willingness to defend your freedoms, can we please not get the 2A community again conflated with the antivax crowd. "Vaccinate deez nutz", really? While wearing a plate carrier with an AR? During a pandemic. $*@& me, I want a vaccine YESTERDAY. I know we all want freedom, and I don't think we should force people to get vaccines. But can we please not be stupid and actually make decisions based on reality and risk vs benefit assessments, as opposed to insane youtube videos? No, Bill Gates did not create Covid19 to give you a shot to anally violate you at will... The Gates foundation had actually given billions to treat and research diseases that the Western world couldn't care much about. Say what you will, but he's the epitome of a capitalist putting his money where his mouth is. He actually committed more money to fixing this disaster than our freaking government.

VIP Member
    Do a search of the Dorr brothers, and many things start to make much more sense...
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Moderator
    ^^^^^ Bravo to both!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Do a search of the Dorr brothers, and many things start to make much more sense...
    Reading about it makes me think that this AstroTurf is a giant false flag operation.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gnius View Post
    Reading about it makes me think that this AstroTurf is a giant false flag operation.
    They worked hard in Ohio to undermine our two state pro-gun groups, as well as the NRA.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Moderator
    ^^^ or mere greed ?

Or worse?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    I just watched a short segment about protesters in Michigan. While I am absolutely for protest, and I do think that we may be reaching a point where protesting while armed may be understood as a declaration of willingness to defend your freedoms, can we please not get the 2A community again conflated with the antivax crowd. "Vaccinate deez nutz", really? While wearing a plate carrier with an AR? During a pandemic. $*@& me, I want a vaccine YESTERDAY. I know we all want freedom, and I don't think we should force people to get vaccines. But can we please not be stupid and actually make decisions based on reality and risk vs benefit assessments, as opposed to insane youtube videos? No, Bill Gates did not create Covid19 to give you a shot to anally violate you at will... The Gates foundation had actually given billions to treat and research diseases that the Western world couldn't care much about. Say what you will, but he's the epitome of a capitalist putting his money where his mouth is. He actually committed more money to fixing this disaster than our freaking government.
    I agree w much of what you write, GNIUS.

I'm anything but antivax, I get yearly flu shots, I've had the pneumonia shots and a couple of very fine shingle shots. I even get allergy shots every few weeks. Shots are me.

That said, I do not trust Jeffrey Epstein buddy Bill Gates. I do not trust the idea of vaccines for novel viruses, especially ones that have a high frequency of mutation. We need much more info.

I tend to think that the solution to the corona virus problem is hiding in plain sight, with prohost nutritional supplements (curcumin, vitamin D, C, and others.)

That's just me. Anyone who wants the vaccine gets support from me. Hopefully my reluctance to join them will see equal support.

Thanks for a post on an important topic.

Jeanlouise, LimaCharlie and mkh like this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Im not an anti-vaxer by any means. In fact, overall im strongly in favor of vaccines. However, if someone wanted to create a whole new batch of anti-vaxers, what is going on right now is a perfect way to do it.
    Jeanlouise, DZUS and SpringerXD like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    You mean like the vaccine in Inda that killed thousands? Hundreds of thousands if I recall correctly. Read the ingredients list on some of these vaccines, poisons that are forbidden in any other use.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

VIP Member
    Bear in mind that you don't get to pick who shows up at parties where everyone is invited, and the potential for a good time is there for all to have. Personally, I believe that the anger-inspired rather than agenda-specific shindigs tend to be little more than monkey dances performed by the useful idiots.
    DZUS, LimaCharlie and mkh like this.

Bingo!

And F the vaccine.

Everyone should google the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and their desire to reduce the population growth via vaccines.

We need to wisen up YESTERDAY.

Sadly, I would not bet that we will...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polio, smallpox, measles, whooping cough, yellow fever, etc. Yes, vaccine - bad... Disease - good.
    CAS_Shooter, OD*, Havok and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I take vaccines that work. This excludes the flu shot.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Who really wants to take a vaccine that everyone is racing at high speed to create before the next one discovers it? Give it to the Governors first and maybe Nancy who seems to be afraid to come out of hiding. I'll take my flu shots and wait a while on this one.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ in My Tho at the Seminary. 1967-1969

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I take vaccines that work. This excludes the flu shot.
    The flu shot works . . . against specific flu viruses. Contrary to some popular belief, flu shots do work. The problem is the many flu viruses, and the one you catch may not be included in the current year's flu vaccine lottery.

Covid-19 is a specific virus, and a vaccine against that specific virus should be effective. Whether it will be included in with next year's
    "flu vaccine" or given separately remains to be seen.
    Havok and OldChap like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links