Internet shopping, stuff going fast esp prep stuff. You ready? - Page 2

Internet shopping, stuff going fast esp prep stuff. You ready?

This is a discussion on Internet shopping, stuff going fast esp prep stuff. You ready? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter I could be wrong - I hope that I am. I will actually feel ecstatic to be wrong. If you're happy ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Internet shopping, stuff going fast esp prep stuff. You ready?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I could be wrong - I hope that I am.

I will actually feel ecstatic to be wrong.
    If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands-

(Clap-clap)
    Last edited by OldVet; May 18th, 2020 at 11:29 AM.
    QKShooter, Redbert31 and Sister like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Keep basic stuff at home.
    I do keep the ammo well stocked.
    I was messing with a guy when i was a Scout leader a few years back.
    He was so proud of all the stuff he had accumulated, and that he was stocked up for months maybe years.
    He was a bit taken back when I explained to him that with my weapons and ammo I can get just about anything I needed,
    Then I asked him for his home address.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Keep basic stuff at home.
    I do keep the ammo well stocked.
    I was messing with a guy when i was a Scout leader a few years back.
    He was so proud of all the stuff he had accumulated, and that he was stocked up for months maybe years.
    He was a bit taken back when I explained to him that with my weapons and ammo I can get just about anything I needed,
    Then I asked him for his home address.
    Then there is the opposite case. People who are all armed up, but don't have any other preps. I take their picture so I can spot them coming.
    Redbert31 and Sister like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Then there is the opposite case. People who are all armed up, but don't have any other preps. I take their picture so I can spot them coming.
    So, jmf552 what's your home address again? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    So, jmf552 what's your home address again? LOL
    I have the guns and ammo, as well as the other preps. You'd be safer trying to sneak across OV's lawn.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    What I really want to know about are Ham Radios. Think you have to find meet up groups or something, donít know much but want to learn.
    It's like CB BUT more frequencies and power levels. You also need license to operate. You are able to talk at longer distance and through repeaters the range really increases. Ham radio operators have helped with local municipalities in the past, but with cell phones they have become less used. Some areas have clubs/groups that have "hunts" to for entertainment.

Today we went to Costco in St. George, Utah for the first time in two months. We've been avoiding going down there as they have a significantly higher number of cases than we have in our county. Even though they are a "hike" from our home, the produce there is significantly better than what is available normally in our small town.

Beef was in short supply, as was pork, which was not a surprise. No issues with chicken, milk, juice, eggs, cereal, bread or lunch meats. Fruits and vegetables were in somewhat shorter supply than normal. Flour and pasta were plentiful.TP was in stock. Certain small electronic items, such as hard drives and flash memory were not to be found. We went during the senior hour from 0900-1000, when they require everyone to wear a mask and they limit the number of folks in the store.
    Sister likes this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    What I really want to know about are Ham Radios. Think you have to find meet up groups or something, donít know much but want to learn.
    To officially use HAM radios you have to have a license, although anyone can use it in an emergency.

The Technician which is the basic license, but for voice comms mainly only gives line of sight, is rather easy. The General is the one you really want for longer range and that gets more technical. There are a lot of online sources for studying and practice exams.

The below website gives you testing dates and location for your area, which is frequently given by Amateur Radio Clubs. If you are looking to personally connect with knowledgeable people in your area then looking up exam dates should give a POC for any local club

http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-...e-exam-session

Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    To officially use HAM radios you have to have a license, although anyone can use it in an emergency.

The Technician which is the basic license, but for voice comms mainly only gives line of sight, is rather easy. The General is the one you really want for longer range and that gets more technical. There are a lot of online sources for studying and practice exams.

The below website gives you testing dates and location for your area, which is frequently given by Amateur Radio Clubs. If you are looking to personally connect with knowledgeable people in your area then looking up exam dates should give a POC for any local club

Find an Amateur Radio License Exam in Your Area
    Meh. I've got a cell phone that will reach around the world with no license required, and I don't ever bother to turn it on. Last thing I want is a radio chat room.
    Sister likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    Well, I did finally clean out my deep freeze, amazing what was in the bottom.
    And replaced the seal. The Mrs has been wanting a vacuum food sealer And got it. Now I get to figure it out.
    Whoa Nellie. Slow down some.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

For those storing fuel as preppers. How? Gasoline can lose combustibility in just a few months, especially if exposed to air, so how are you storing this for some long term issues?
    Sister likes this.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

The local butcher I go to had a good supply of beef (they grind their own burger) up until last week. He was the only one that had a decent supply going....the Kroger, Food Lion and Lowes Foods were generally sold out before noon each day. Now it appears that trend has reversed. The local butcher has a decent supply but it is priced accordingly. However, the supermarkets have caught up and their pricing is just a tad higher than the panic prices of the last few weeks. My guess is all the freezers are now full and many of the processing plants are back up and running.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley View Post
    For those storing fuel as preppers. How? Gasoline can lose combustibility in just a few months, especially if exposed to air, so how are you storing this for some long term issues?
    It might lose combustibility but I have had gas for quite a few months and it still works fine. If you add ethanol treatment and stabilizer it will be fine.
    Redbert31 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    It might lose combustibility but I have had gas for quite a few months and it still works fine. If you add ethanol treatment and stabilizer it will be fine.
    Lasts longer if you start with the ethanol free stuff. (Often works better in small engines too.)
    Monte

"I'll huff and I'll puff ...woah! Nice shotgun. Umm. Look at the time! Should have been home hours ago! Wife will be frantic. Nice meeting you. Bye, bye now!"

Quote Originally Posted by montejames View Post
    Lasts longer if you start with the ethanol free stuff. (Often works better in small engines too.)
    I agree but it is not easy to find in our area unless you buy premixed stuff and that will get expensive with as much as I use in chain saws.
    Sister likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links