2018 Death Wish movie (Bruce Willis) - Page 2

2018 Death Wish movie (Bruce Willis)

This is a discussion on 2018 Death Wish movie (Bruce Willis) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by WrongRecroom That is actual true ... The military devolved a number of silenced 38 and 44 wheel gun for the rats . ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 2018 Death Wish movie (Bruce Willis)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    That is actual true ... The military devolved a number of silenced 38 and 44 wheel gun for the rats . You can silence a wheel gun just not many of them .. The nagant was one and a few US miltary special ops one using piston seal rounds

They also used silenced pistol that photo is not made up https://www.range365.com/suppressed-...ts-in-vietnam/ ..It did not work as you can guess due to the chamber not sealing and using full power loads not half loads ... They would latter try a lot of things from the hush puppy style guns to this https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs...sp-revolver-0/ the QSP 44 wheel gun

They are silenced wheel guns but unless you are using a Nagant or the Russian sealed round jobs they wont be any where near "hollwood " quite . Now a Nagant or a piston bullet gun will be ..A proper silenced nagant is about as loud as 22lr I would say from hearing it not sure on DB though
    Yes, I wasn't sure but the photo looked more like a Colt???? Also, I am aware of the revolver whose action pushed the cylinder forward at firing, to seal with the forcing cone (Nagant????). Didn't look like this photo was one of those, BUT YOU ARE the "far superior" firearms guy, with respect to old/odd/military weapons.
    OldChap likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I say this as kindly as I know how.

What do we expect from an entire community (Hollywood) that has been stoned every day for more than 50 years to come up with? It is a miracle any of them can figure out how to tie their shoes every morning. It is a major miracle when they get anything right.

OldChap likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I've read in the past that Willis is (somewhat) pro 2A. I don't know if he had any creative input into this movie, but at least they could have done the gun store scenes more accurately.

That's a bug that I have about many movies and TV shows these days. How do the bad guys get high end fully auto weapons? Also it seems that all crime shows based in NYC have the good guy turned criminal using their "legally" owned handgun or Class 3 weapons to perpetrate the crime. There aren't that many legally owned guns in all of NYC!

Most movies/ TV shows wouldn't have a plot if the good guys had guns prior to the home invasion/campground murder/restaurant massacre/zombie apocalypse/mall invasion.
    OldChap and Pete63 like this.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Unless it's life or death related, it's all B.S.!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Yes, I wasn't sure but the photo looked more like a Colt???? Also, I am aware of the revolver whose action pushed the cylinder forward at firing, to seal with the forcing cone (Nagant????). Didn't look like this photo was one of those, BUT YOU ARE the "far superior" firearms guy, with respect to old/odd/military weapons.
    I am basing what I said on the articular as it directly talks about the photo ( that photo you posted was from a army test trial when they tried out the s&w with a silencer , light on the gun and a whole bunch of other silly things that did not work that great .

And yep there is two ways to silence a wheel gun that would work ..One is for the gun to have the forcing cone go forward to seal the gap and to fit it with a silencer ..The other is far more exotic which is to use a gun that has special rounds that are piston power or the like to force the load and seal the action of flash and nosie.. Thus less noise ..We tried it with a few guns worked a bit but there there is art and a few out there ..The Russian do have a a hand full for spec ops OTs-38 for example which was a copy of the US QSP 44 mag and use the same idea a piston fited ball loaded round ... It works for short range pretty well ...

Funny the sound of the US 44 mag QSP was only 110db which was about what a 22lr silenced pistol does and no muzzle flash and there was about 250 made so the idea does work

The USA never really got into "exotic" weapons as much as some other countries esp in post ww2 ..WW2 the OSS boys had some weird weird guns and dart guns ..Post war most were pretty off the shelf ie the Hush power was prob the most intersting other then the QSP and the stuff like MK2 silenced rugers ..The russian oh they got into it ..All sort of black bag stuff silenced wheel gun ..Heck even made a handgun that matches the ballistic of a AK47 fired from long range to mask how the gun was really use ... And the Brit still use the well rod maybe ... But of course in the shadows who really knows what happens ....
    Pete63 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links