This morning, we as in the spouse and I were at Food Lion - Page 2

This morning, we as in the spouse and I were at Food Lion

This is a discussion on This morning, we as in the spouse and I were at Food Lion within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yes, people are on edge and worried about not having TP. TP is a luxury I have become to and appreciate not having to use ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: This morning, we as in the spouse and I were at Food Lion

Distinguished Member
    Yes, people are on edge and worried about not having TP. TP is a luxury I have become to and appreciate not having to use my off hand, grass, rag, napkin, or Sears Roebuck pages.

I did have a surprise back the first week of March. The wife and I had returned to our permanent residence following an extended snow bird period and were low on supplies. I went to a local DG store during the "Senior Citizens" hours between 7-8 AM and was ran into by a young lady as she hurriedly passed me. I was not bothered by this behavior (the heck I wasn't!) and continued on into the store to do my shopping. When I reached the toilet paper aisle, the same young lady ran past me and took the last two packages and left. I asked a store clerk who had walked up if they had any more TP and she said not until the following week when the truck arrived. A short time later the young lady returned and offered me one of the two packages. I guess she had a guilty moment prior to leaving the store.

Quote Originally Posted by djw1945 View Post
    This morning, we as in the spouse and I were at Food Lion (Super Market Chain). So I'm in aisle and notice lady struggling to get an item off the top shelf. So I reach up and get the Item (a nine roll pack of toilet paper). The lady goes nuts and strikes me with her handbag. I place the item in her cart. She is now beside herself in a state of embarrassment. She starts to apologize. I interrupt her and say an apology is not necessary.

Apparently it doesn't take much to trip someone's wire!
    At least she didnít shoot you. That would have been awkward.
    djw1945 likes this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

We all have our stupid moments ( hours, days, weeks etc. ). Back in my younger days I was parked in a Super Market parking lot on a cold snowy day. A car pulled up behind me and blared its horn long and loud. Like the idiot I was that day, I bailed out of my vehicle, came face to face with a smallish woman who had exited the horn blowing car as rapidly as I had exited mine. I immediately shouted that she could take her horn and......well you get the picture. She turned rather pale and said " Sir I just wanted to apologize. I was moving my child and leaned on my horn accidentally." I was so ashamed of my behavior that I could only manage " Yes Mam. Sorry." and get back into my car. I hope to this day that she forgave me. I guess my longwinded point is - cut folks a little slack as often as you can. You never know when you might need some yourself.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will just bring you down to their level - and then beat you with experience." George Carlin

It's probably fortunate for the woman that you weren't me. At the least, I would have told her I was getting it for her and then shoved it to the back of the shelf and walked away--at the least. My tolerance for people is about nil anymore.
    JeffreyR likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

These things can bite you in more than one way. Helped a lady get a couple plants down from a high shelf at home depot yesterday; wife was around the corner and didn't see the request for help. What she did see was the lady walk by me and put her hand on my should and thank me. Yeah, had some 'splainin' to do.
    All the great men are dying - I don't feel so good myself.

Our local Food Lions waited too long to ration certain products...to include toilet paper and people practically run to the paper products aisle. It has gotten better now but it still does not last long.
    djw1945 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's probably fortunate for the woman that you weren't me. At the least, I would have told her I was getting it for her and then shoved it to the back of the shelf and walked away--at the least. My tolerance for people is about nil anymore.
    That's not my style currently. In my younger days most likely I would have!

VIP Member
    Food Lion caught the confrontation on their store cam
    OldVet and Jeanlouise like this.

People are on edge around here. But more concerning is the number of methheads that have come out of the woodwork. I now see them all the time walking the main road a few blocks away.
    Stopped in the gas mart last weekend and there was a young couple obviously tripping, just floating around.
    Looked like they had been normal at one time.

Not far from there I passed the cheap motel and saw quite a few zombies just hanging in the parking lot, looking at the cars stopped for the light.

I have shortened my wifeís leash and forbade her to go east for any reason.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by djw1945 View Post
    This morning, we as in the spouse and I were at Food Lion (Super Market Chain). So I'm in aisle and notice lady struggling to get an item off the top shelf. So I reach up and get the Item (a nine roll pack of toilet paper). The lady goes nuts and strikes me with her handbag. I place the item in her cart. She is now beside herself in a state of embarrassment. She starts to apologize. I interrupt her and say an apology is not necessary.

Apparently it doesn't take much to trip someone's wire!
    9 rolls! What brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like her spirit!
    And she felt bad when she found out she errored, you weren't the TP bandit, and apologized.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittpa View Post
    9 rolls! What brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe the brand is from Mexico and I may have made a mistake on the roll count!
    Pittpa likes this.

I used to pull the toilet paper roll like I was playing wheel of fortune, now I unroll it like I'm trying to crack a safe.

At the Kroger subsidiary last night, they had to stack TP back in the discount area because the normal aisle was overflowing with huge packs. No more shortage here...
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    At the Kroger subsidiary last night, they had to stack TP back in the discount area because the normal aisle was overflowing with huge packs. No more shortage here...
    Publix here STILL has no TP. I'm honestly starting to believe they've stopped carrying it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links