The new normal - Page 2

The new normal

This is a discussion on The new normal within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Normal and me seldom come together in the same sentence so I reckon things will continue as is around here....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: The new normal

Normal and me seldom come together in the same sentence so I reckon things will continue as is around here.
    G26Raven likes this.
    All the great men are dying - I don't feel so good myself.

My new normal is exactly the same as my old normal.....others may take objection to that.....that's their problem !!!
    G26Raven, sdprof, Sister and 1 others like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    NOT GIVING UP MY FREEDOMS

VIP Member
    Joke or not, I fear that many things have changed permanently and all for the worse.

As far as more kids being home schooled, you might confer with the forced home-schooler parents on that one. I know a couple and they have been going totally nuts trying to do their own work at home AND see that their kids are learning their lessons. It is an enormous challenge.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    My new normal is exactly the same as my old normal.....others may take objection to that.....that's their problem !!!
    No objection here.
    G26Raven likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Is this for real or a joke?
    Your gonna need a lot more busses and classrooms.
    Impossible to implement.

It's definitely not a joke but I can't verify where it came from. However, if you read each line, most of it is things that the CDC and Health Departments are already pushing, especially the daily health checks of students and teachers.
    The school bus rule isn't going to happen because it can't feasibly be done unless they start running 3 or 4 routes both to and from. I don't see how they can restrict communal spaces like the playgrounds. Eating in the classrooms will be a nightmare for teachers who will have to clean up the mess.

Here's the CDC site and their diagram for school openings...basically they leave it open to interpretation.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ision-Tree.pdf
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.- Mark Twain

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    It's definitely not a joke but I can't verify where it came from. However, if you read each line, most of it is things that the CDC and Health Departments are already pushing, especially the daily health checks of students and teachers.
    The school bus rule isn't going to happen because it can't feasibly be done unless they start running 3 or 4 routes both to and from.
    Back in my day, each school had enough buses for each school, so all the schools operated on the same time. Here in FL, schools are on different times, and busses scurry from one school to the next. There's no way the school system would have enough busses to support relays at one school, much less all of them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Jeanlouise, G26Raven and sdprof like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Is the long distance spitting contest at the state fairs cancelled?
    G26Raven and MMinSC like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Back in my day, each school had enough buses for each school, so all the schools operated on the same time. Here in FL, schools are on different times, and busses scurry from one school to the next. There's no way the school system would have enough busses to support relays at one school, much less all of them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    I think a lot of that has to do with "forced busing". We went to neighborhood schools with kids from the surrounding area. Now many kids don't even live in the same town where they go to school. Social engineering gone horribly wrong, once again.
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.- Mark Twain

I think a lot of that has to do with "forced busing". We went to neighborhood schools with kids from the surrounding area. Now many kids don't even live in the same town where they go to school. Social engineering gone horribly wrong, once again.
    Likely. When we moved to FL, my junior daughter was bused to Ft. Pierce to a hellhole of a senior HS with a clueless principal. It was so bad we sent her back to WA state to live with our former neighbor and finish HS at a decent neighborhood HS. I didn't object when my school integrated with the local residents--heck, I knew most of them--but this bussing across an entire county just to meet so drummed-up quota should be banned outright.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array SFury's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The bigger the community, the harder it is do that economically. In order to save money on transportation costs, we have staggered start times that are based on the busing routes for the area. At least at the elementary level. That where we found the flexibility to do that. We have the same buses picking up the older kids and the elementary kids. At different times. The buses cannot handle the capacity to pick up all of the kids on one run. We would need to have an increased fleet size for the company we contract with to get them all at once which would astronomically shoot the price up.

The middle schools, and the high schools are all started and stopped at the same times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise
    In Wisconsin we have open enrollment for some schools. Should you choose to send your child to a school other than the one in your neighborhood then you are responsible for handling the transportation costs. We do not have that issue. Well, outside of Milwaukee which operates under its own rules. That city has many exceptions to rules, and far more problems than the rest of the state. Liberal run craphole.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Another new normal, companies going under. Hertz filed for bankruptcy.

VIP Member
    These thoughts pretty much mirror my own, courtesy of Greg Ellifritz:

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/wo...8RZHaBQCrfuJ1Q

"The “new normal” is most often used to get people to accept whatever unconstitutional or undignified rule that people in charge want us to find tolerable, like taped squares on the floor that we’re supposed to stand in while waiting in properly spaced lines. You know how cats will curl up in a taped-off square on the floor as though it was a box? Now they want humans to do that for the privilege of buying alcohol or food."
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Terms we need to be expunging from vocabulary:

new normal

social distancing

we're in this together

(feel free to add more)
    "vulnerable population"

(I'm in my seventies, and I'll challenge anyone who calls me "vulnerable" to a five-mile race followed by a game of concentration.)

"Vulnerable?" HA!

Jeanlouise, sdprof and Sister like this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

FYI- Running the "reported" numbers of US-wide confirmed cases and deaths (CDC Stat) gives a death rate of 5.99%. Make of that what one wishes.
    msgt/ret and Sister like this.

Here's the real guidelines for schools...why bother opening back up?

Attachment 327154
    The folks who wrote that never met kids, did they?
    Jeanlouise and Sister like this.
    Psalm 144:1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links