The new normal - Page 3

The new normal

This is a discussion on The new normal within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The governor allowed bars and restaurants to open with restrictions and written plans. Coincidence that she did this the Friday before a holiday weekend? Anyway, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: The new normal

The governor allowed bars and restaurants to open with restrictions and written plans. Coincidence that she did this the Friday before a holiday weekend?

Anyway, I noticed the supermarket parking lot was more full (x2 or x3) than usual. License plates from Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ontario! There is no way to tell how many were from restricted regions in Michigan. I won't call out Wisconsin because their Supreme Court ended the EO's.

I do want to give a shout out to the virtue signaling judgmental folks from the Detroit Metro area who suddenly quieted down on social media and started looking for vacation rentals last Tuesday.
    Psalm 144:1

It won't be long before we're ordered to wear these outdoors:
    The new normal-divers.jpg
    U.S. Army Veteran SP-5

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    No shoes
    No shirt
    No mask
    No service

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    G26Raven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    No shoes
    No shirt
    No mask
    No service

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Halal rules?
    G26Raven likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

G26Raven, OldVet, sdprof and 3 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Terms we need to be expunging from vocabulary:

new normal

social distancing

we're in this together

(feel free to add more)
    I will add "It's all about compliance"
    G26Raven and sdprof like this.

This COVID response cannot last forever. People, businesses, society cannot function if forced to do this 'social distancing/mask-wearing/fearing-and-distrusting-everyone' BS for much longer. The "New Normal" was meant to be a Temporary Normal at best. It cannot continue forever.

Everyone with kids knows how many common ailments are carried home and spread by kids. And kids are affected the least by this novel coronavirus. So if anyone should be living life as usual, it's the kids. Maybe they should send all the kids to Summer Camp for 4-6 weeks. The sooner we let the little germ factories mingle, the sooner they all get it and recover, and the sooner it's over with. When they come home they'll have antibodies. Then they won't be spreading it around school in the Fall, the 'rents will be safe, and it will be safe to visit the grandparents. People of working age should go back to work as normal, unless they have co-morbidities. Let the virus circulate among the strong and healthy, and if any of them get sick make them self-isolate. People over 65 should continue to social distance and wear PPE until the virus runs its course. This thing would be over long before any vaccine is available, and fewer people will die from permanent economic damage.
    G26Raven likes this.

I don't trust the government's definition of temporary. I lived in Navy barracks and worked in Navy buildings in the 1970s that were built for temporary use at the beginning of WWII.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

The new normal-99436571_10157351030838927_4364679455642222592_o.jpg

When inside you must maintain 6 ft of distance. Not 5'11 but 6 ft.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Rather makes one miss the good old days of arguing about restrooms.
    msgt/ret and G26Raven like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I absolutely hate people saying, "This is the new normal."

No

No it is not. It does not have to be and we can refuse it.

If we allow them to implement all of these new control measures, it very well could be.

Just say NO!
    G26Raven likes this.

However we phrase it, the reality is that social order and norms change. Once things change there's no going back to exactly how it was, despite any protestations. Sometimes things evolve slowly, and sometimes things change abruptly at inflection points.

Our society is forever changed by recent events. The paradigm is never going to be exactly the same.

Every major inflection point in history had risks and opportunities. The key was in recognizing them and taking action quickly to shape the longer enduring trends that were set in place after the major turmoil settled down. The same holds true now.

There are obviously some bad precedents and outcomes we need to work against. But there are also good changes and opportunities we should work to buttress and keep.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

mkh
    Just me and a Sig 1911 in a foxhole somewhere in NE FL
    My new normal is a new Sig P320 Compact.

Went to 2 gun stores yesterday as well as Longhorns for lunch and Carrabba's for dinner for my birthday. Florida's governor has done a decent job of opening things back up. Still some restrictions but we can get out and do things again.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap he's up!"

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Soooooo Hot here lately think I'll drive on over to the water park tomorrow to cool off.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links