How long does booze last befre it goes bad - Page 3

How long does booze last befre it goes bad

This is a discussion on How long does booze last befre it goes bad within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; IPA's start to lose the "fresh hop" flavor after about eight weeks. Usually at 12+ weeks I'll take any cans left and let my daughter ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: How long does booze last befre it goes bad

VIP Member
    IPA's start to lose the "fresh hop" flavor after about eight weeks. Usually at 12+ weeks I'll take any cans left and let my daughter shoot them with a pellet gun. She gets a kick out of that.

I like to try out a bunch of different IPA's, and I'm not a heavy drinker, so every once in a while my daughter gets a "shootin' day" off the back deck.

Enjoying a Moon Cloud from Variant Brewing in Roswell right now.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    When I was in Viet Nam in 1965/1966, Bud was the very best beer we could get. Drinking a warm Ba Muoi Ba (33) beer over a chunk of ice from a street vendor was the worst. You didn't finish the beer so as not to disturb the sludge in the bottom of the bottle.
    Bottle conditioned. The sludge is the yeast from naturally carbonating the beer in the bottle. Home brewed beer has that too. Usually, you just pour into a glass and leave the last inch in the bottle. At one time, all beer was like that. I prefer it as the carbonation is softer. Also, the brewer's yeast in the bottle is full of B Complex vitamins. The depletion of B vitamins is one of the things that causes a hangover. So driking natural beer, you replenish those vitamins as you drink. Like a continous loop. When I brewed beer regularly, I discovered I could drink a lot and feel great the next day. I guess God had this figured out.

The high end Belgian beers have that yeast in the bottom too. Also, that yeast means the beer is alive and can be aged like wine. Some of the best beers I have had were high gravity brews that aged for a few years.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

LOL what a great topic! I never thought about this.

"How long does booze last befre it goes bad"
    "I guess I never had to worry about it."

Thread about alcohol, misspelled word in title, followed up by that comment.

Nmuskier likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links