The waffle hoarding must stop!

This is a discussion on The waffle hoarding must stop! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Encouraged by signs the hoarding has just about stopped. A few things are in short supply but people appear to have adjusted and are now ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The waffle hoarding must stop!

VIP Member

Encouraged by signs the hoarding has just about stopped. A few things are in short supply but people appear to have adjusted and are now tone death to media frenzy world is ending broadcast scare tactics.

Except in one area. Waffles. Eggo Waffles. The hoarding must stop! Seriously people, donít you eat a variety of breakfast meals?
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

VIP Member
    Same goes for hoarding of anything else. The stores are to blame for allowing this to happen. Putting up signs that says that customers are limited on the number of items is just as useful as gun buster signs with no enforcement. When the news came out about all these meat packing plants shutting down the meat isles were cleaned out. "Thank" you news media.
    ctr and OldChap like this.
    ďIt is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.Ē ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

We haven't had much of a problem finding anything we want through this whole situation. Yes, we have sometimes had to look a bit harder, sometimes we have had to wait a bit and sometimes we don't get the precise choice we would have made. Price hikes have not really been a problem. And of course, gas has been dirt cheap.

We have our own waffle iron and my wife makes better waffles than the store brands. So I have "Leggo my Eggo."
    Rock and Glock, DZUS, ctr and 1 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Friends don't let friends eat frozen waffles.
    I have a recipe for live yeast waffles that you have to make the night before.
    Light and airy and better than anything in a cardboard box.

1 pkg dry yeast
    1/2 cup warm water
    1 tsp sugar
    2 cups warm whole milk
    1/2 cup melted sweet butter
    2 large eggs room temp lightly beaten
    2 3/4 cups AP flour
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking soda

Dissolve yeast in warm water add the sugar and let stand about 5 minutes
    Add the milk, butter, eggs mix well
    Combine the flour and salt and stir into the wet mix.
    Cover and refrigerate overnight
    In the morning stir the batter, add the baking soda and stir well
    Cook on your favorite iron.

You will never go back to any other waffle. Ever.
    OldChap, Sister, bodan399 and 4 others like this.

Sorry I might be part of the problem. I put it on the shopping list not realizing we had a box buried in 2 different freezers.
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Encouraged by signs the hoarding has just about stopped. A few things are in short supply but people appear to have adjusted and are now tone death to media frenzy world is ending broadcast scare tactics.

Except in one area. Waffles. Eggo Waffles. The hoarding must stop! Seriously people, donít you eat a variety of breakfast meals?
    I will swap you a box for 2 packs of Clorox wipes...

VIP Member
    Homemade pancakes are easy to make - a fun Sunday morning project for those who are still working away from home - and you can make a whole bunch of them and freeze them between sheets of wax paper. Voila: HOMEMADE (way less expensive and way more tasty) "toaster" pancakes. The recipe above from @KILTED COWBOY sounds totally yummy. Not health food, of course, but who cares.

You can also make your own waffles and freeze them, as above, if you have a waffle iron. I sold ours in a garage sale many years ago because I only used it once a year if that often and it wasn't non-stick, therefore it was a pain to clean. We like pancakes just as well!
    gasmitty, OldChap and Sister like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Homemade pancakes are easy to make - a fun Sunday morning project for those who are still working away from home - and you can make a whole bunch of them and freeze them between sheets of wax paper. Voila: HOMEMADE (way less expensive and way more tasty) "toaster" pancakes. The recipe above from @KILTED COWBOY sounds totally yummy. Not health food, of course, but who cares.

You can also make your own waffles and freeze them, as above, if you have a waffle iron. I sold ours in a garage sale many years ago because I only used it once a year if that often and it wasn't non-stick, therefore it was a pain to clean. We like pancakes just as well!
    We parted with the waffle maker before the recent move. Twice a year didnít seem worth keeping. Especially since the new house is a downsize.

Pancakes are excellent. Weekly menu option. I use the Bisquick recipe. Tasty.
    scottync, OldChap and Sister like this.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    I will swap you a box for 2 packs of Clorox wipes...
    Ha. Last time I saw wipes was February.
    OldChap, Sister and NECCdude like this.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Add men's socks and underwear to that list. Shelves are almost empty!
    OldChap and Sister like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Add men's socks and underwear to that list. Shelves are almost empty!
    Mixed blessing. Iím furloughed as of today thru the summer. No socks but flips.

Unfortunately Iím losing weight. Over 40 pounds so far. I got smaller underwear a few months back. Might need smaller still by summerís end.
    OldChap, scottync and Sister like this.

Alright, LEGGO MY EGGO OR ELSE!!!
    OldChap and ctr like this.
    CHINA LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!

Mixed blessing. Iím furloughed as of today thru the summer. No socks but flips.

Unfortunately Iím losing weight. Over 40 pounds so far. I got smaller underwear a few months back. Might need smaller still by summerís end.
    Im sorry about the furlough.

Commando. You can do it.
    OldChap and ctr like this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

We parted with the waffle maker before the recent move. Twice a year didnít seem worth keeping. Especially since the new house is a downsize.

Pancakes are excellent. Weekly menu option. I use the Bisquick recipe. Tasty.
    I avoid waffles, pancakes, and donuts. Also limit my bread and pasta intake. Having said that, I do have a homemade pancake recipe around here somewhere, and have used it from time to time for when the wife wants pancakes.

I actually grew up eating pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, and toast on Sunday. Sunday breakfast and Sunday dinner were big deals. We used the Bisquick waffle recipe for our pancakes. Good stuff.
    OldChap likes this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Not a fan of waffles, you can have mine.
    TheRiddler and zonker1986 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links