Star Gate Universe

Star Gate Universe

This is a discussion on Star Gate Universe within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was just watching an old episode and I keep getting a laugh from it. In a destroyed city, the character Greer (a Marine) couldn't ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By NECCdude
  • 3 Post By SFury
  • 3 Post By NECCdude

Thread: Star Gate Universe

VIP Member

Star Gate Universe

I was just watching an old episode and I keep getting a laugh from it. In a destroyed city, the character Greer (a Marine) couldn't find a gun store in the city and then asks what kind of place doesn't have a gun shop. Another character answers: they must have been Canadians. Canadians should be insulted by that remark but a good portion of the Star Gate series is done in Canada.
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Distinguished Member Array SFury's Avatar
    They had many Canadian characters in the show as well. There were several digs between the US and Canada in SG: Atlantis as well.
    NECCdude, msgt/ret and seeker_two like this.

VIP Member
    Too bad SGU wasn't as successful as the the others of the Star Gate series. It would have been nice if they could've resurrected it 3 years later with better scripts. At least Season 2 of SGU was a major improvement over Season 1. There are books that continue the journey but reading isn't as entertaining as having it acted out with all the cool special effects. Oh well.
    msgt/ret, DaGunny and Pete63 like this.
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    I watched SG:SG1 and Atlantis. I only watched a few episodes of Universe. As for being in Canada, the city was probably destroyed after the foul-tasting beer virus when they considered BB guns as assault weapons. Also explains he destroyed city as the criminals had a free hand at destruction.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Sponsored Links