Is this holster , sutable for open carry ? - Page 2

Is this holster , sutable for open carry ?

This is a discussion on Is this holster , sutable for open carry ? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And I thought there no way you could make a Glock look any worse. Hats off to you...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Is this holster , sutable for open carry ?

And I thought there no way you could make a Glock look any worse. Hats off to you

Wait until you dream about it when you are asleep as well. .
    Spark456 likes this.

Get the CQC version and avoid the Sportster version at Walmart. The CQC is made out of a stronger plastic. As for suitability, almost all plain clothes officers I see around here use it. If it's good for them it's good for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Spark456 View Post
    And I thought there no way you could make a Glock look any worse. Hats off to you
    I Totally agree with you (sad) ; but yesterday, the range master placed a full clip of rounds into a
    quarter size pattern at 10-yards , (then asked me to make him one) .
    Go Figure ...

I still remember the day in high-school, when this girl told me that smoking was COOL ; 20
    years later it took me 40 tries to quit because i got so hooked. So you see it doesn't bother
    me now ; when someone holds a different option. Next up , your going to tell me that i'm a
    goonball because i won't wear my pants down below my butt, (like the young kids do now-days. HA !!

Where would technology be today , if everyone liked and thought the same (?) ; i think
    it would be somewhere about in the 11'th century. Did you know that the sum total
    if Mans knowledge is doubling at a rate of every year now ? Do you know what that means ?

Hope i got my point across ; without making you Mad ?

Bille

Not mad at all we don't get mad on this site. I love picking on Glock and I do all the time just for fun. As far as your point getting across you almost had me. But being a older guy our minds not what it uses to be and we do forget a lot these days Where you lost was the (clip of rounds) not sure really what that is. Think you could help me out on that one?
    Havok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark456 View Post
    Where you lost was the (clip of rounds) not sure really what that is. Think you could help me out on that one?
    Don't feel bad ; Ya got to be an Old-fart, (like me) to understand that one ; was in the Army , way back in 72 --->. A Clip, feeds a magazine ; the magazine feeds your hungry firearm. It's kinda like
    a specialized speed-loader.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_(firearms)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    Get the CQC version and avoid the Sportster version at Walmart. The CQC is made out of a stronger plastic. As for suitability, almost all plain clothes officers I see around here use it. If it's good for them it's good for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just looked ; Yep, that is the one my brother gave me . Sometimes he uses it as
    a shoulder holster ; and caries the handgun upside-down. He said it never felt like
    it wanted to fall out.

Bille
    Last edited by Bille; November 24th, 2016 at 03:49 AM.

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Train with the whatever barrel and magazine you will be carrying with.

You'll get varied responses on the serpa holster. Just consider this, they have been banned by many instructors and shooting academies. They are a poor design. I want no part of a holster that increases my chances of a nd. It can simply be avoided by buying a different retention holster like a safariland als. They are around $35.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Train with the whatever barrel and magazine you will be carrying with.

You'll get varied responses on the serpa holster. Just consider this, they have been banned by many instructors and shooting academies. They are a poor design. I want no part of a holster that increases my chances of a nd. It can simply be avoided by buying a different retention holster like a safariland als. They are around $35.
    SO0ooo many different options and opinions; it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to decide.
    Even at the safariland.com web-sight ; we got 10 different choices and styles.

How come nobody mentioned that the serpa holster was banned by many, (before) ????

Thanks for your response ; but i'm kinda bumming about the Thread now. If this were
    about Hang gliding , or Kite boarding ; i would know exactly what to do ! Ya see
    if you get it wrong in those sports , (along with shooting) ; your gonna DIE as well.

I don't wanna get hurt out of ignorance, and time is kind important, on this question.

Bille

Would you guys be offended if i asked that ONLY shooters with at least
    ((20 years))
    of experience, reply from now on ?

Bille
    Last edited by OD*; November 26th, 2016 at 12:43 AM.

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Experience in terms of years means nothing. There's plenty of people who have been shooting for decades yet have zero formal defensive training of any type.

Safariland 6378 is the holster I referenced.

Here's a couple articles referencing the reasons to avoid a serpa http://weaponsman.com/?p=16642

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...?client=safari

And here is a 46 page study on why the fletc banned the serpa https://www.fletc.gov/sites/default/...isterStudy.pdf

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bille View Post
    ((20 years))

Bille
    Oh, my. This will end well...
    OD* likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

((20 years))

Bille
    Ok i won't reply then...
    I had several nice guns till my canoe accident on the river in the rapids.

WOW Are you kidding me???

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I've been shooting 47 years. I have zero issues with my Serpa holster.
    I replicated Tex's ND (empty gun), but had to consciously do everything wrong to do so.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SO0ooo many different options and opinions; it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to decide.
    Even at the safariland.com web-sight ; we got 10 different choices and styles.

How come nobody mentioned that the serpa holster was banned by many, (before) ????

Thanks for your response ; but i'm kinda bumming about the Thread now. If this were
    about Hang gliding , or Kite boarding ; i would know exactly what to do ! Ya see
    if you get it wrong in those sports , (along with shooting) ; your gonna DIE as well.

I don't wanna get hurt out of ignorance, and time is kind important, on this question.

Bille
    This "issue" came about once a guy on youtube shot himself in the leg and became famous because he talked about his training kicking in and he knew to call his mom or something like that. It continues to be one of, maybe the most popular holster used. I mentioned in the first reply in this thread that some people think you'll shoot yourself with it, but you can decide for yourself whether or not you are competent at drawing a gun. Nobody ever mentioned who any of these trainers are and unless you are going to be in federal law enforcement, their ban will not affect you either.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links