not convinced home vs Carry - Page 6

not convinced home vs Carry

This is a discussion on not convinced home vs Carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by halem1 I like having more than one gun, each in a different caliber. When 9mm was hard to find, 40 was plentiful. ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: not convinced home vs Carry

Quote Originally Posted by halem1 View Post
    I like having more than one gun, each in a different caliber. When 9mm was hard to find, 40 was plentiful. That allowed me to continue practicing and have self defense rounds readily available.
    Reloading may be an option as well.
    My guarantee: "If I don't stop you with my first three shots the next one's free."

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    It's not my place to tell someone else what they need or don't need. That's one's personal choice based upon what they may be feeling about the topic.

Now, as for me personally? I carry the HK USP9c and USP45 as my main CCW's but I use the P30 w/+4 magazine extender bumping it up from 15 rds to 19+1 rds of 9mm for HD. I love that set up. But, I also have a AR-15 in my safe that is locked and loaded and ready to rock and roll with 30+1 rds. I still got to pick up and add at least 2 shotguns to my defensive arsenal!
    Tstone likes this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

Even if your primary is in good condition, it's good to have another at the ready while cleaning it.
    Tstone, Militant and Phil1979 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Well, my guns have to be separate, since I have more than one. :-)

My carry gun will backup my other guns at home, and vice-versa.

Ever hear the saying, "One is none, and two is one?"
    Kennydale and OldChap like this.

agreed. i used to have a SW 4506 as a home defense gun. then it dawned on me that i have a 12g, what the hell do i need a separate pistol for when a 12g and CC piece will suffice. so i sold it and bought a glock for the wife for her nightstand/carry.

i will buy different guns for different things, but it's rational. 45 Colt SAA/Lever for woods, 300BLK AR pistol for car travel, 1911 for shoulder carry, pistols to stash around the house, AR15 for zombie apocalypse, etc. you know, legitimate reasons for more guns.
    I don't think it's nice, you laughin'.

It can be the same gun, just different mags when the roles are changed. Just 3 examples from some of my guns:

A Ruger SR9c is carried 10+1, at home it gets a 17 round mag
    Shield 9 is carried 7+1, at home it gets a 10 round mag
    My Taurus G2C is carried 12+1, at home gets a 15 round mag

Golly gee, you can get 30 & 33 round mags for some models if you REALLY want to step it up, or go the ďDrumĒ route
    wizard7mm08 likes this.
    Gun Free Zones are totally effective, and 100% safe ... (wait for it) ... (wait for it) ... until a bad guy with a gun shows up! Then suddenly, you have an uncontested Kill Zone of defensless sheep, patiently awaiting their turn for the slaughter.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    EDC for me is the same at home or away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why not both? I prefer the versatility, the increased capacity, and the increased defensive capability of multiple weapons. I see no reason to restrict my response.
    Pete63 likes this.

Carry gun for me. Tho itís only 5 little rounds of .357 it should be enough to get me to my shotgun or rifle. If not then Iím probably outgunned anyway and will have to settle with taking a couple invaders with me.

To each his own

I have my carry guns, but for some defense, I keep a rifle. If I could manage concealed carry of my AR15 out and about as easily as my handgun, Iíd just carry that. I want the best gun for a gunfight. The only reason a own any handguns are because carrying a rifle outside the home isnít realistic at all for obvious reasons.

Options are a good thing!
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by wizard7mm08 View Post
    Some fellers like owning more than one handgun and justifying that.
    You got that right. I might want one for every room of the house, and both cars.....then one when i go hiking, one for casual weekend, one for weekday..... :)

VIP Member
    For the time being, I've kind of switched things around. At home I kept a dedicated XD Service .45 acp with light/laser combo, pump shotgun, & an M-4 by my bed. Now it's just an AR pistol, with 7.5" barrel light/laser combo. For away from home, it's still multiple pistols in several calibers with reloads. The pistols don't get locked up at night, so in a pinch, they're still handy.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    You got that right. I might want one for every room of the house, and both cars.....then one when i go hiking, one for casual weekend, one for weekday..... :)
    Fortunately I married well so I never have to justify buying another gun. Aside from those we carry there's always at least one within easy reach (though not obviously displayed) in every room.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Sponsored Links