got asked to leave the mall today.... - Page 4

got asked to leave the mall today....

This is a discussion on got asked to leave the mall today.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Doogie Ok, so why are you surprised? I never OC because surprise is a HUGE tactical advantage.........I don't care to give it ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: got asked to leave the mall today....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    Ok, so why are you surprised? I never OC because surprise is a HUGE tactical advantage.........I don't care to give it up.

I carry for my private personal self defense. No one needs to know.
    Because I wasn't aware there was a prohibition against carrying as I never go there... exactly what I said in my OP.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    tcbradbury98 and carracer like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TeflonDon View Post
    Any what if scenario is possible I guess, but I know of no such cases of this happening or any gun owner who had a legal shoot which saved their own or other lives in a gun free zone being sued or successfully sued.
    What if scenarios keep you out ofntrouble. Creating what if scenarios saved my rear end in iraq. What if scenarios have much merit. You are free to follow whatever policy you want, never said you were wrong. Just made a simple statement. If it is risk you are willing to assume , carry on. And it is common occurrence in other forms of liability suit. I don't want to be the orecedent...

”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pijo73 View Post
    DQ's chili-cheese dogs and onion rings ARE REALLY GOOD LOL
    Topped off with a dilly bar
    Taurahe, Sportymonk and carracer like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    I refuse to live my life by following policy preferences of private entities that are open to the public. If the "no weapons" sign has the same legal enforceability as "no bare feet" or "no outside food", I carry concealed without a second thought or tinge of guilt.
    I used to but anymore it's not a fight worth fighting to me. The most they can do is ask you to leave. If they don't want my business , I am happy to give it to someone who does. We have a restraunt that gives 10% off if you show them a carry permit.

Too many places that are ok with me carrying here to worry too much about one that doesn't

~Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    Ok, so why are you surprised? I never OC because surprise is a HUGE tactical advantage.........I don't care to give it up.
    The idea of concealed carry giving someone the element of surprise and a big tactical advantage is largely a myth. Think about it.

If you carry concealed, you look just like any other potential victim to a BG. And if your attacker does what most attackers tend to do, hit fast and hard, you are probably not going to be able to get to your gun right away, anyway. Concealing your gun also requires you to operate on an elevated level of SA and a little higher than someone who open carries. This is because nearly all BG's who see a firearm on someone will just wait for another victim. Safer for them to do this.

The only time you will have an element of surprise is when you see an attack coming and can get your sidearm out and into play. Any other time, you won't have this going for you and you will have to look for an opportunity to employ it.

Just thought I would throw this out because there are a lot of people who leave their homes armed and tend to think of their sidearm as some sort of talisman when it most certainly is not. I think some believe that strapping on that gun carries enough magic to keep the BG's at bay.

But whether you conceal or open carry you still must maintain a heightened level of awareness. Know who is around you and do your darnedest to see what's coming before things are on you.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    What if scenarios keep you out ofntrouble. Creating what if scenarios saved my rear end in iraq. What if scenarios have much merit. You are free to follow whatever policy you want, never said you were wrong. Just made a simple statement. If it is risk you are willing to assume , carry on. And it is common occurrence in other forms of liability suit. I don't want to be the orecedent...

You're right. Playing 'what if scenarios" is always a good thing and is actually one of the ways to avoid a fight or if it comes suddenly, will help you avoid the "freeze". One should never stop playing out "what if scenarios".
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Well, I went into the mall at Rocky Mount, NC a while back. I don't go into the mall as it is mostly deserted or junk stores. I generally go into Belk's or Penney's and leave there also. (I don't shop much at all). BUT one day I went out and when I went in on a Thursday at about 5PM, I noticed the mall was almost empty! Really, where are the people? So I pulled out my iPhone and did a 360 in movie mode to show my wife later! UH-OH, here came Rent-A-Cop wanting to know what I was doing? Taking pictures. I explained I am a photographer and just wanted a couple of quick images. SO they inform me that taking pictures is against the rules. Luckily I said ok and they let me leave. I was wondering if they were going to try and inspect my phone or erase the pictures. (BTW that is illegal without a search warrant according to the Supreme Court in 2014.)
    If you think things are bad for you, Remember there is a Mr. Pelosi!
    Duct Tape may not fix stupid but it sure can muffle the sound! :D
    It isn’t the first person who fires who wins gun fights, but is usually the first person to land effective hits.

VIP Member
    Mall ?

What's that ???
    Petroleum 1 likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

I'd rather fight five drunk cowboys than go to the mall. But every now and then my wife makes me go anyway. I just keep it concealed.
    CaptSmith and scgunlover1 like this.
    "Now go ahead and say something stupid!"

Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonDon View Post
    I don't even worry about the sign. We have one in VA Beach. I suppose I could walk in through Dick's Sporting Goods, but being that the sign holds no water either way, I don't waste my time. The situation is still the same if I'm discovered whether I walk through Dick's or walk past the sign. I've just keep it out of sight and out of mind, and never had any trouble.
    I am also from va Beach. I do the same thing. I've never seen a sign in the mall. If I did it wouldn't matter to me like you I keep it concealed. If someone did happen to get a glimpse of my weapon most they can do is ask me to leave, which wouldn't bother me much, I'm not big on malls anyway.
    TeflonDon likes this.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

Interesting.

Katy Mills Mall is also a Simon property and it used to have 30.06 signs (With force of law prohibiting concealed carry) before open carry passed. It is no longer posted. The Galleria in Houston is also a Simon property and to my knowledge has never been posted. I don't know if there is a corporate policy or if they leave up to the individual property managers. A while back I sent them an email via their "contact us" link on their web page and pointed out to them that Katy Mills was the only mall in the Houston area West of I-45 that was posted, and that people that are committing these mass shootings appear to be targeting posted properties.

I never heard anything back from them, but the signs are gone.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Fallsrider View Post
    One of our malls here is posted that way. I would argue it doesn't meet the NC requirement to be conspicuous. But we have FOL here, so I'm not taking any chances.
    OK, I'll bite. What is FOL? (I am in NC also, Rocky Mount)

I went in the ABC store the other day to pick up something for the wife to cook with (really) and as I went in I looked for a no bun sign. Knew they had to have no surely. Didn't see one anywhere. Asked on my way out and the clerk said it was behind that door (pointing to the one to the side.). I replied, oh, I came in the other door. He said there was one there also! I went back and looked. It is waay down at the bottom of the door. You would never see it unless you really looked. Maybe they want some backup?

BTW - NC has Force of Law for their signs.
    If you think things are bad for you, Remember there is a Mr. Pelosi!
    Duct Tape may not fix stupid but it sure can muffle the sound! :D
    It isn’t the first person who fires who wins gun fights, but is usually the first person to land effective hits.

Just do what I do. The next time you go to that mall...make sure you are properly concealed. No reason to ask you to leave if they don't know you have it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    i do what works for me. I dont care what others think one way opr the other, so I OC as i see fit. If a problem arises, it is not because of me or my gun, and is always because of anothers preconcieved notions and justifications.
    I don't care about other peoples methods and will not criticize their methods. I do what I do because I want to avoid their preconceived notions and self righteous justification. It makes for a better day all around.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    Concealing your gun also requires you to operate on an elevated level of SA and a little higher than someone who open carries. This is because nearly all BG's who see a firearm on someone will just wait for another victim. Safer for them to do this.
    Though I agree with most of your post, I think this is a dangerous assumption. It may be true that many BG's will be discouraged by an OC'ed gun, but those who won't are probably the most dangerous kind, and they're likely to be encouraged by it. A handgun is a much better score than a wallet or a watch. It's not unheard of even for cops to be targeted for their weapons. I'd argue that situational awareness is therefore even more important for an OC'er, but it's at least equal.

Here's an example. In this particular case, the victim's SA was probably poor for any method of carry, but if his gun had been concealed, the crime wouldn't have happened.

"Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links